• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurthang

Banned
Reminds of 2004-2005 last game when it was Liverpool vs Olympiakos. Rivaldo scored and Liverpool then scored three goals to qualify. Guess what happened at the end?
CNB1W6d.png

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Ludo will go through if they beat Real by a bigger margin than Liverpool beat Basel

just imagine how amazing that would be

K1LLER7

Think it would be better for Liverpool to lose, go to the Europa and try to win the thing.

They have close to zero chance at winning the CL.

They won't finish top 4 if they continue to play so badly in the PL.

Europa could be the onlu way into CL next season.

LTWheels

Think it would be better for Liverpool to lose, go to the Europa and try to win the thing.

We need to go through to the next round. The group stage money is pocket change compared to what you get for being in the knock out.

Sort of think that we should have started Markovic. Outside of Sterling and Henderson this team lacks pace.

Anyone else think it's probably for the best if Liverpool are in Europa League? They're already dead in the league, might as well go balls deep in cup games.

edit: just saw K1LLER's post, good man

Scum

This is the route best reserved for teams like Everton, Newcastle and Spurs.

Hixx

What a terrible idea that is.

It's like telling a struggling PL team to get relegated now so they can try and get promoted this season instead of next.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
4 clean sheets in their last 5 CL games

Do we have to play this game?
Tevez will win the game for Juve

#believeinCarlito
;_; cant believe you're actually supporting us of all teams ;_;_;_;^;_;_:^;^;^;"$&-×^#€

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Aguero up to 6 weeks apparently

Gurthang

Banned
Juve has to beat Atletico by more than one goal to get the top spot. Not happening but I reckon they will both qualify.

Marc

This is the route best reserved for teams like Everton, Newcastle and Spurs.

Winning the Europa league? C'mon man, Kane is Europa good, but he isn't Europa winning good.

What happens if the winners qualify for the CL in their home league? Does it go to the runners up? That would be your best chance if so.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
friend Yurt, the days of me hating Juventus are long gone

besides, between Atletico and Juve, there's really only one choice, no?:)
Touche ;_;
Juve has to beat Atletico by more than one goal to get the top spot. Not happening but I reckon they will both qualify.
I'm pretty sure they'll nick one off a set piece

Their defense is way too good we couldnt even muster a single shot last time

Scum

Winning the Europa league? C'mon man, Kane is Europa good, but he isn't Europa winning good.

What happens if the winners qualify for the CL in their home league? Does it go to the runners up? That would be your best chance if so.

I was really thinking long term and not just this season. :p
As for the question, I have no idea.

K1LLER7

What a terrible idea that is.

It's like telling a struggling PL team to get relegated now so they can try and get promoted this season instead of next.
They'll get through.

Lose next round.

Only have the league as a way to get into the CL. Fail to do that, they won't attract the top players they need without overspending on players. Potentially could end up back where they were 2 seasons ago.

In terms of just gaining money for progressing to the knockouts then getting through is massive for Liverpool.

Dark Rider

Carlo Ludogorets will kill for points in this match

please save our players and play our youth and tell them to not get injured the result doesn't matter :x

pulga

Banned
RMadrid XI: Navas; Arbeloa, Nacho, Varane, Coentrao; Illarra, Kroos, Cristiano, Isco, Bale & Chicharito

----

Juve XI : Buffon, Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Chiellini, Evra, Pereyra, Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal, Tevez, Llorente.

Carlitos will deliver us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom