• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

why? is not like they were in CL spot before he took over. He's obviously a very important part of the team, it would be foolish to fire him because of a bad season/moment

Where would Man City be if they had sold Aguero and Dzeko was injured at the same time?

I don't think they necessarily SHOULD fire him, I just know that the press and the like will be calling for it soon. They probably already are. And the fans may be fairly amenable to it.

The transfer expenditure is what makes him feel like a bit of a sitting duck.. and we don't even know how much he was actually involved with all of them.

The sleepy giants just woke up
And got their arse kicked out the cup
The stage is set for rodgers new journey
Will it be leicster city or maybe burnley?

iryBHqItq7NnT.gif

jts

...hate me...
Covering for all the possibilities, I'd like for Porto to draw, in this order:

Schalke 04
Bayer Leverkusen
Basel
-----------nothing else would be potentially accessible below this line--------
CSKA
Roma
-----------kill me now if it's not one of these listed so far---------
Arsenal
PSG
Juventus
City
----------let's forfeit this shit before we get embarrassed---------
Barcelona

Clegg

Think Rodgers should just go for it on Sunday. He has crap defenders, but so do we. Put out your best attackers and see how that goes. If he selects another unambitious side and loses then his job must be under threat.

Think Rodgers should just go for it on Sunday. He has crap defenders, but so do we. Put out your best attackers and see how that goes. If he selects another unambitious side and loses then his job must be under threat.

Put on your best attackers.

Lambert/Balotelli partnership.

Meier

Oasis Top 10 is not a thing, they're all shit

This is one of the silliest posts I've ever read on GAF. They might not be everyone's cup of tea, but there are some of their songs that are transcendent. Some of the songs on The Masterplan are of the variety that no one can dismiss.

Whatever
The Masterplan
Listen Up
Half the World Away
Talk Tonight
Acquiesce

There's no fucking way you can hear these songs and not get into them or at least find them passable. It's impossible.

GQman2121

Banned
Who do they honestly look at if they move on from Rodgers? His transfers haven't panned out, yes, but will things suddenly get better if they replace him and the same cast remains?

I think they need to stick with him and then spend/sell when the window reopens in the winter and summer.

pulga

Banned
I would love to sink my teeth into Arsenal.

As last season was the conquest of Germany, I'd like this one to be of England.

Chelsea in the final.

And, like always,
Mou wins

This is one of the silliest posts I've ever read on GAF. They might not be everyone's cup of tea, but there are some of their songs that are transcendent. Some of the songs on The Masterplan are of the variety that no one can dismiss.

Whatever
The Masterplan
Listen Up
Half the World Away
Talk Tonight
Acquiesce

There's no fucking way you can hear these songs and not get into them or at least find them passable. It's impossible.

Let me tell you it's very possible.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly your opinions on music are as bad as your passing in FIFA.
SIzwYkR.png

Whatever
The Masterplan
Listen Up
Half the World Away
Talk Tonight
Acquiesce

#blur4life, Oasis are just a bunch of cunts who write songs amateur guitarists can use to easily get laid

Meier

"transcendent"

Think that's a bit ott.
Nope.

Let me tell you it's very possible.
No fucking way! Play those 6 songs back to back and tell me how and why you've disliked all of them. Pay attention to the lyrics of Listen Up -- they're so poignant. One of Liam's best vocals as well.

#blur4life, Oasis are just a bunch of cunts who write songs amateur guitarists can use to easily get laid

We're adults. It's possible to like both bands. Blur have some songs of their own that are absolutely wonderful.

There's nothing worse than the cunt who has to play Oasis songs around a campfire.

No fucking way! Play those 6 songs back to back and tell me how and why you've disliked all of them. Pay attention to the lyrics of Listen Up -- they're so poignant. One of Liam's best vocals as well.

I''ve grown up with enough Oasis to know perfectly well lol. Can never tell if you're actually this big an Oasis fanboy or you are playing it up for comedic effect. It's pretty funny though.

I wonder if Meier would still like Oasis so much if the Gallagher's weren't in Mansour's pocket.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

Hixx

It's ok lads

I just listened to the Importance of Being Idle and I am satisfied that I am right and you are all wrong.

snoopeasystreet and farid's latest posts have astonished me tho. Literally astonished. I COULDN'T FIND A GIF TO VISUALIZE THE EXTENT OF MY ASTONISHMENT TO YOU ALL.

Meier

I''ve grown up with enough Oasis to know perfectly well lol. Can never tell if you're actually this big an Oasis fanboy or you are playing it up for comedic effect. It's pretty funny though.

Man, I don't play it up at all. They are really special to me for a number of reasons. The first time I heard them back in 1994 my eyes were absolutely opened wide and they shaped my musical tastes. I still love them as much as I did 20 years ago.. Listen Up (and many others) just gives me chills.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
It's always Wonderwall too.

Of couse, it involves holding down 2 strings and slightly changing your other 2 fingers. A monkey with no hands could play it.

edit: i would also like to note that i'm mostly just spewing banter, I do like Champaign Supernova and some others.

Fintan

It's ok lads

I just listened to the Importance of Being Idle and I am satisfied that I am right and you are all wrong.

snoopeasystreet and farid's latest posts have astonished me tho. Literally astonished. I COULDN'T FIND A GIF TO VISUALIZE THE EXTENT OF MY ASTONISHMENT TO YOU ALL.
This one I kind of like. Didn't particularly like any of the tracks Meier linked.

Man, I don't play it up at all. They are really special to me for a number of reasons. The first time I heard them back in 1994 my eyes were absolutely opened wide and they shaped my musical tastes. I still love them as much as I did 20 years ago.. Listen Up (and many others) just gives me chills.

I get that. It's more the "you can not listen to this and not feel something" tone replies lol. Please understand.

You're essentially arguing that a band are objectively a good listen. Think of that.

Arnie

Football's rubbish but PES is alive so I'll handle the trade off.

And Oasis are brilliant. Music bods trying to be too clever in this thread. Leave it.

LTWheels

Who do they honestly look at if they move on from Rodgers? His transfers haven't panned out, yes, but will things suddenly get better if they replace him and the same cast remains?

I think they need to stick with him and then spend/sell when the window reopens in the winter and summer.

Moreno and Manquillo will turn out fine. Lovren did show tonight that he was much better with half a DM in front of him. I think its possible that he can be 'recovered'. Markovic did show signs of why he is highly rated tonight. Can has looked decent in patches, and Lallana has looked decent as a squad player.

On paper our signings are all sensible, rather than Balo, who was a gamble. Due to how often Sturridge gets injured really really need a like-for-like replacement as Balo can't play as a lone striker.

We really should have purchased Remi. I don't believe its the right idea to re-call Origi. Let him develop.

In January I would like:
Sell - Lucas, Borini
Buy - DM and a fast striker.

In Summer:
Sell - Skrtel, maybe Balo if he doesn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom