• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
cola, what is your favourite track on x&y.

Low is so above the others it's not even funny.

Rubber Soul is more diverse than Sgt. Peppers. I like Rubber Soul more I think

I do enjoy Rubber Soul and Revolver a lot more, but Sgt. Peppers I would consider the one to judge whenever you are worthy or not.

bud

good choice, cola. i'll go with "white shadows."

like most of the album, it's a bit too long, but i love that track so much.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
X&Y the only passable songs for me are

What if (because of the beginning)
Fix You (aint that bad)
Talk (Though the beat is borrowed)
A Message (Because the acoustic version is boss)
Swallowed by the Sea (Acoustic is great)
Hardest part (Piano solo version not bad)
Til Kingdom Come (Tribute to Cash)

pulga

Banned
Beatles achieved GOAT status after they ingested acid and the like

Did you guys know their was a period George Harrison only wanted to play the sitar?

Pulga how do you feel about david bowie?

Just seen the sending off for Liverpool. That's ridiculously harsh.

It's not really though. He looks over his shoulder for him a few times and then lashes out after him. Even if he barely touches his nose/eye area and even if the Basel player is acting like a little bitch, that's a red if the ref sees it.

bud

X&Y the only passable songs for me are

What if (because of the beginning)
Fix You (aint that bad)
Talk (Though the beat is borrowed)
A Message (Because the acoustic version is boss)
Swallowed by the Sea (Acoustic is great)
Hardest part (Piano solo version not bad)
Til Kingdom Come (Tribute to Cash)

"the hardest part" is quite possibly their worst song. it sounds like an awful rem imitation.

but yeah, the piano version is decent.

cola, you have listened to the japanese live performance of the x&y songs.

cola, you're a good guy.

Elchele

I'm enjoying Al Green and Rosanne Cash a lot recently. You guys should listen to both.

The River & The Thread by Rosanne Cash is probably the best album of 2014.

pulga

Banned
Brendan Rodgers trying to turn Liverpool's season around

JpHSW.gif

Lightning

Banned
It's not really though. He looks over his shoulder for him a few times and then lashes out after him. Even if he barely touches his nose/eye area that's a red if the ref sees it.
Yeah I know but in a big game that barely any contact and virtually zero chance of doing injury is it really worth ruining the game? Didn't seem major to me.

Yeah I know but in a big game that barely any contact and virtually zero chance of doing injury is it really worth ruining the game? Didn't seem major to me.

No it wasn't worth ruining the game for. That's why Markovich shouldn't have done it. The ref is doing what he's supposed to. It's not like Sanchez was going to get injured from a little back massage from John Terry a few years ago either, but JT did it and deserved to be sent off for being an idiot.

Edit: or fucking Drogba in Moscow.

inky

My ex-gf teased me all the time saying I only liked music for girls. Maybe I should share some stuff here too.

GorillaJu

There's a new Ariel Pink album out and its more accessible than anything they've made in the past. It's also extremely good.

Called Pom Pom. Probably on YT.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
"the hardest part" is quite possibly their worst song. it sounds like an awful rem imitation.

but yeah, the piano version is decent.

cola, you have listened to the japanese live performance of the x&y songs.

cola, you're a good guy.

Probably

was this from it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GIcausAJkE

Love this remix so much, though i wish they did god put a smile upon your face live proper, and warning sign.

During an interview for Violet Hill they said they were bringing Warning sign back but never did it, HOWEVER, during a rehearsel some fans caught a version of it that never made it live (i have the audio, theres a youtube i cant find atm) wonderful stuff.

Coldplay literally saved my life in my final year of uni, I had such a bad time of it that I ended up spending most days down in the college music rooms playing with the grand piano, learning their songs, taught myself two instruments off their records.

Hixx

Only the top three in the PL have lost less games than SAFC.

Only West Ham have made a better start in comparison to the previous season than SAFC.

If we could score goals m8s we'd be fourth, clearly.

Salazar

Sydney FC striker Shane Smeltz is unhappy about being benched for Saturday night's clash against Melbourne City in what he says is the first time he's been dropped from a starting line-up while fully fit.

The New Zealander played a full 90 minutes in the Sky Blues' stalemate with Melbourne Victory last week but will have to settle for a seat on the pine with the return of Austrian target man Marc Janko from international duty.

Smeltz was not told why he was dropped from the starting line-up and is disappointed with the unfamiliar feeling of a demotion from the first XI. He was under the impression he would retain his place in the first team and partner Sydney's marquee, Janko, in attack but found he would be overlooked for an alternate strike partnership that could see Alex Brosque in a more advanced role.

Honestly, Rodgers should phone him.

bud

Probably

was this from it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GIcausAJkE

Love this remix so much, though i wish they did god put a smile upon your face live proper, and warning sign.

During an interview for Violet Hill they said they were bringing Warning sign back but never did it, HOWEVER, during a rehearsel some fans caught a version of it that never made it live (i have the audio, theres a youtube i cant find atm) wonderful stuff.

Coldplay literally saved my life in my final year of uni, I had such a bad time of it that I ended up spending most days down in the college music rooms playing with the grand piano, learning their songs, taught myself two instruments off their records.

that "talk" remix is also very cool. and no, it wasn't from that performance, but you can find the songs here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=coldplay+japanese+acoustic.

here's a live version of "warning sign" played in 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-7uJKuEZo.

haha, the first songs i learned to play on my guitar were "don't panic" and "rush of blood to the head."

Wilbur

Banned
I quite like Coldplay. There's certainly nothing transcendent about them (cheers Meier) but they've got some good tunes and some good videos. I also like the song Chris did with Yeezy m8s

Anyway. Liverpool. Pls.

jts

...hate me...
Hitcher

Master League is where it's at.

Frankly, these modes are a bit redundant.

Still, ML feels like you can have a more streamlined experience if you want to.

Mr Cola

that "talk" remix is also very cool. and no, it wasn't from that performance, but you can find the songs here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=coldplay+japanese+acoustic.

here's a live version of "warning sign" played in 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-7uJKuEZo.

haha, the first songs i learned to play on my guitar were "don't panic" and "rush of blood to the head."

Both great, Dont Panic for learning to "chuck" and Rush because its so simple, coldplay do simplicity better than everyone, hell except for In my place (which uses a Bm) they dont do barre chords for the most part in 90% of their songs, its just usually just different tunings or use of the capo. Warning sign was a great one to learn, especially from their Glastonbury performance which forced me to buy an electric guitar, they changed the ending from piano to electric guitar and its sooooo good.

Interesting story about dont panic, when they tried to get Will into the band Chris played it to him and he thought it was absolutely terrible, went on to be one of their hits.

bud

in 2005 i missed the first two hours of high school because i spent my morning listening to 30-second previews of x&y.
CNB1W6d.png

Hitcher

Master League is where it's at.

Frankly, these modes are a bit redundant.

Still, ML feels like you can have a more streamlined experience if you want to.

That's what I was thinking

myClub seems like a half-arsed ripoff of FIFA. I did enjoy the legendary default players names turning up though

If anyone's about I'll play an online match or two. Only played one match so far, and that was the first one in myClub which seemed to be on the easiest difficulty, against some fucking awful randomly generated team

like the result of our summer transfers

bud

Both great, Dont Panic for learning to "chuck" and Rush because its so simple, coldplay do simplicity better than everyone, hell except for In my place (which uses a Bm) they dont do barre chords for the most part in 90% of their songs, its just usually just different tunings or use of the capo. Warning sign was a great one to learn, especially from their Glastonbury performance which forced me to buy an electric guitar, they changed the ending from piano to electric guitar and its sooooo good.

Interesting story about dont panic, when they tried to get Will into the band Chris played it to him and he thought it was absolutely terrible, went on to be one of their hits.

i can play the following songs on my guitar:

don't panic
a rush of blood to the head
green eyes (only the verse bit because that one guy on coldplaying never posted the rest of the tabs and last time i checked--which was years ago--the chords on ultimate-guitar didn't sound right
l1x61OA.png
)
we never change
yellow
sparks
warning sign

gpasuyf--which is their coolest song--is impossible to play without snapping your strings. ;_;

Really disappointing to spend 5 years desperately clawing to get back into the top 4, then go out with such a whimper

The prospect of Thursdays and Sundays is pretty depressing.

pulga

Banned
I was well confused because i pictured her being so much hotter in the book because theon got such a massive hard on over her

and then she comes out and she looks like David luiz with straight hair

It's a crime.

Not only is she fugly, she's scared of a few damn dogs SMH

Ironborn my scrotum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom