• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

We all know that Lillies and Remains are the only bands that could be said to be a GOAT band, everything else might as well be shit.

However, in a world of no Lillies and Remains, Oasis may be Ok.

pls Understand.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
post Rubber Soul Beatles are the only GOAT, I'll actively hate you if you don't like at least Sgt. Peppers.

B4cf6cDCcAMvcPi.jpg

😔

None of those teams scare me. Let's fucking have it.

Marc

This is one of the silliest posts I've ever read on GAF. They might not be everyone's cup of tea, but there are some of their songs that are transcendent. Some of the songs on The Masterplan are of the variety that no one can dismiss.

Whatever
The Masterplan
Listen Up
Half the World Away
Talk Tonight
Acquiesce

There's no fucking way you can hear these songs and not get into them or at least find them passable. It's impossible.

noel-gallagher-o.gif

Oasis are like the one direction of rock.

GorillaJu

So if Liverpool get beat handily this weekend, is Rodgers out? Is he out regardless after not going through with that group?

With that group? Like Basel and Ludo are pushovers or something? Basel has been consistently good in the group stages in CL, Real are obviously a top 2 or 3 European twam, if not the best, and Ludo are far better than they're given credit for.

If Rodgers is fired it will be at the end of the season, because his failing isn't individual results, or losing the dressing room, it's the myopic lack of transfers in important positions and misguided faith in players like Lovren and Allen who don't deserve the starts they've been given.

Firing him mid season will help no one, especially since our potential targets for replacement won't want to leave their teams mid season.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully those goals get Ramsey back on track.

Nice bounce back by Arsenal after the terrible effort Saturday.

Fintan

With that group? Like Basel and Ludo are pushovers or something? Basel has been consistently good in the group stages in CL, Real are obviously a top 2 or 3 European twam, if not the best, and Ludo are far better than they're given credit for.

If Rodgers is fired it will be at the end of the season, because his failing isn't individual results, or losing the dressing room, it's the myopic lack of transfers in important positions and misguided faith in players like Lovren and Allen who don't deserve the starts they've been given.

Firing him mid season will help no one, especially since our potential targets for replacement won't want to leave their teams mid season.
I think AVB could easily be tempted away from Russia mid season.

Meier

I get that. It's more the "you can not listen to this and not feel something" tone replies lol. Please understand.
I mean it though! Objectively, it'd be impossible to think all of those songs are "shit" if you have them a shot without preconceived notions. Because they just aren't. And those are just b-sides.

It's possible to not be a fan of a band without saying that. Like Bob Dylan. Dude does nothing at all for me but that doesn't mean he's shit. It's impossible to hear The Times They Are A Changing and be like man this song is shit even if you don't like Bob Dylan.

GorillaJu

I think AVB could easily be tempted away from Russia mid season.

He's going to win the league. It'll be his first good season in years. If we do hire AVB, which I just have to accept sounds like a possibility, it should be after he gets some confidence back in his ability to manage.

jts

...hate me...
Is it worth bothering with myClub in PES?

I've started it but I dunno. So many prompts initially to teach you stuff. Then you get a bunch of randoms and Gotze.

Spent an awful lot of timing doing my kits though.

Still haven't played online.

Also I don't know where to change the difficulty setting. Default is too easy.

Really don't think Allen offers anything that Can doesn't

The idea of Allen is not the Allen we ever get, someone who dictates the pace of our play with continous passing and moving, and links defense with attack. The actuality is that he doesn't tackle, doesn't mark, doesn't score, doesn't get on the ball much, doesn't run with the ball, doesn't drag player around, doesn't offer any threat on the break, doesn't help us with set pieces in attack or defense.

Pointless player.

I mean it though! Objectively, it'd be impossible to think all of those songs are "shit" if you have them a shot without preconceived notions. Because they just aren't. And those are just b-sides.

It's possible to not be a fan of a band without saying that. Like Bob Dylan. Dude does nothing at all for me but that doesn't mean he's shit. It's impossible to hear The Times They Are A Changing and be like man this song is shit even if you don't like Bob Dylan.

Bob Dylan is a good example for me too, doesn't do anything for me but I guess I respect his songs. Oasis has music where the vocals bothers me, a lot, and utterly boring music on top of it.

The Dillinger Escape Plan are just Converge for people afraid to go outside.

When I was in the US and living with this extremely christian family for school for a few months, the husband would sit and do their Wednesday church song gathering with his wife and study the bible and stuff. Then he would always ask me if I wanted some food or just go out afterwards, and we drove out in his car while he was blasting Converge. I think it was kind of therapy for him after all the happy Christianity themed music..
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

I've never been able to get into them because of his voice though.
ibkWhdzJaFWgi0.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Tempted to link a shit ton of Coldplay in here

Stuff you wont have heard

Dreams

GorillaJu

Really don't think Allen offers anything that Can doesn't

The idea of Allen is not the Allen we ever get, someone who dictates the pace of our play with continous passing and moving, and links defense with attack. The actuality is that he doesn't tackle, doesn't mark, doesn't score, doesn't get on the ball much, doesn't run with the ball, doesn't drag player around, doesn't offer any threat on the break, doesn't help us with set pieces in attack or defense.

Pointless player.

My problem with Allen is that he isn't effective enough going forward. He never makes a quality pass in the final third. Ever. And his shooting is clearly decent but for whatever reason, lack of confidence or whatever, he seems to always hit the bar or go inches wide.

Allen just doesn't affect play. He's perpetually in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I watched Coldlplay at a festival once and just like with Roger Waters performing the dark side of the moon, my experience was kind of ruined as the pancake shop at the side of the scene had run out of nutella meaning I couldn't eat a delicious nutella pancake while watching the performance (actually with Roger Waters it was just them closing early, but the point still stands). Terrible times.

GorillaJu

Coldplay and Oasis are both perpetual "meh" bands for me. I feel like as mainstream acts I like that there's more to it than your average pop/rock band, but they always seem blunted, sonically. So many more experimental indie records give you the same musical quality but with sincerity and rawness instead of this feeling that it's just been rinsed too many times to affect you.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Coldplay is a band that definitely ran ouf ot greatness too early, Parachutes and Rush of Blood have their best songs.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I've heard everything.

Except anything post-2005.

I got 500 songs/live recordrings on itunes, one time songs, b-sides

Ive got recordings where words are changed, endings, choruses

jts

...hate me...
I got 500 songs/live recordrings on itunes, one time songs, b-sides

Ive got recordings where words are changed, endings, choruses

The early 00s me would love to tap into that with a fierce. I was such a fangirl until X&Y. I was at max hype by X&Y's release.

Compile away, m8.

I'll listen and get nostalgia'd like a mofo.

Mr Cola

The early 00s me would love to tap into that with a fierce. I was such a fangirl until X&Y.

Compile away, m8.

I'll listen and get nostalgia'd like a mofo.

Aye, X&Y marked a sharp decline, last album was genuinely good but they departed so hard from their early work that its sad, a few gems on each album but nothing close to the first few.

Coldplaying.com is great for old stuff, though alot of links are dead now :(

Mr Cola

cola, what is your favourite track on x&y.

Til Kingdom Come, the bonus track, played it non stop till i got it perfect on guitar, so wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom