• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

What a win. Would love to see this team in the World Cup, but a long way to go.

Thought we would struggle a lot when Zlatan retired, but we haven't been this good since the early 2000s during WC2002 and Euro 2004 with Henrik Larsson, Freddie Ljungberg, Olof Mellberg, Kim Källström, Zlatan of course and others.

Beefy

According to spanish radio Onda Cero, Manchester United and Real Madrid agreed 73m€ for Morata, who should travel on Monday to Manchester

Fdkn

Mou keeps helping Madrid, first he took that scam named Pogba so Florentino had to let it go and now he takes Morata for a ridiculous fee so we can sign a better player instead

Jarnet87

United don't have a choice. they desperately need a striker. You pay the money and if he starts banging in goals no one will give a shit about the price.

Tubie

Florentino is a master negotiator.

flo.png

Now make them pay 100m for James.

hamas-so-smart.png

DBT85

Mou keeps helping Madrid, first he took that scam named Pogba so Florentino had to let it go and now he takes Morata for a ridiculous fee so we can sign a better player instead

Kids got room to improve but pls.

United don't have a choice. they desperately need a striker. You pay the money and if he starts banging in goals no one will give a shit about the price.

No matter how many goals he scores, we'll get battered about the money despite the fact that the club can literally burn 50s and stil be better off than most.

I really stopped caring about how much we pay tbh, it means nothing to the club.

With that said, he's had 4,111 mins of league football since signing for Juve and scored 30 goals. Harry Kane he is not. That's a goal every 137 mins. Though looking at just since he went back to Madrid, he's at 88 mins in the league and 55 mins in the UCL. But this is in a team that scored a goal every 32 mins in league football.

Though for contrast, CR7 scored a goal every 101 mins in the league and 100 mins in UCL, Messi scored one every 76 in the league and 73 in the UCL.

Based on his last season at least, he's not too shabby.

Beefy

Southampton now investigating whether to report Chelsea (and Arsenal) to the Prem League over tapping up Van Dijk. ����

Van Dijk is a cunt

Yep. I'm not a crazy fan that wants to defend a club if it fucks up (not saying you are one either).

Also Lander have bought us now, well 80% of the club. So more Chinese in the Prem.

I'm not defending Liverpool actions at all and as a Liverpool fan, I think their transfer dealing is a joke. A big club with a small club buying mentality.

Southampton now investigating whether to report Chelsea (and Arsenal) to the Prem League over tapping up Van Dijk. ����

Van Dijk is a cunt

What I don't get is if he wanted to leave this year, why even sign a 6 year deal? If I was a player and I know for a fact I wanted to leave a team in the summer, there is no way I'm signing a 6 year extension, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Beefy

What I don't get is if he wanted to leave this year, why even sign a 6 year deal? If I was a player and I know for a fact I wanted to leave a team in the summer, there is no way I'm signing a 6 year extension, that makes no sense whatsoever.

His new agent is probably a lot of the problem. Total twat only wanting money.

pep.png

Someone else is going to capitalise on Liverpool and Chelsea fucking this up.

£40m + Iheanacho please Pep

His new agent is probably a lot of the problem. Total twat only wanting money.

Yup. Forgot he had a new agent. Probably told him to sign the extension to get the bonus. But probably forgot to mention to him that you can only get that bonus if you don't hand in a transfer request.

Beefy

Wonder if teams like Liverpool, City and Chelsea might maybe lay low and wait till January or next summer and then swoop up Van Dijk.

Very much doubt he will end up at Liverpool, specially with our new owners. Gao who now owns us gave evidence in a bribery case in China, the accused was sentenced to death. He doesn't like to be pushed about.

Very much doubt he will end up at Liverpool, specially with our new owners. Gao who now owns us gave evidence in a bribery case in China, the accused was sentenced to death. He doesn't like to be pushed about.

The only way I could see him coming here now is that if Van Dijk tried to force himself away from the club and if we are (still) his favorite destination.

weekev

Banned
Scotland are doing well. I thought we would be 2 or 3 down by now but its been 50/50, England starting to up their game now but happy with the way we're doing. 'Mon Scotland!!

NHale

Losing Ibra and replacing him with Morata is not what would make me believe Man United will contend for a top 4 place next year.

I'm sure Perisic and Lindelof will be the missing pieces. LOL.

Meanwhile it seems Chelsea are closing on Bakayoko from Monaco which will make Matic available. Watch Mourinho spend £55M on the guy more than Chelsea will pay for the better version....

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The only way I could see him coming here now is that if Van Dijk tried to force himself away from the club and if we are (still) his favorite destination.

Well-organized and all that, but Scotland need to open it up and try to win the game at some point.

Top Bottom