• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even watch this shit anymore, sounded like a fun end though.

I saw a clip on twitter of Southgate celebrating a draw with Scotland. Says everything really.

dealer-

LOL

Fucking Southgate...

So unimpressive, so ordinary, so going out early in Russia.

Bit harsh. Southgate's actually picking players on form. Young team and we can actually pass a ball and string a move together now.

Scotland were up for it. World class from Griffiths but a point was fair in the end.

Syder

Bit harsh. Southgate's actually picking players on form. Young team and we can actually pass a ball and string a move together now.

Scotland were up for it. World class from Griffiths but a point was fair in the end.
Been saying Southgate was an uninspired choice that will get us nowhere since Day 1.

dealer-

Been saying Southgate was an uninspired choice that will get us nowhere since Day 1.

Why's that? Certainly an improvement on Allardyce and we've tried big name foreign managers without success.

Jettisoning Rooney and picking players in form, even if they play for lesser teams is an improvement on previous incumbents.

It's not great though, just don't think there's a better alternative at the moment.

Wonder what that game would've been like if either team started a keeper. Would've took a draw before the game, but what a soul crushing way to get it.

dealer-

Except Allardyce is 10 times the manager Southgate is...

I'd pick Allardyce over Southgate at club level but he pretty much said Rooney could play wherever he wants after his first game. Would probably have been the holding midfielder today if he was still in charge.

Syder

I'd pick Allardyce over Southgate at club level but he pretty much said Rooney could play wherever he wants after his first game. Would probably have been the holding midfielder today if he was still in charge.
That was always dependant on how Mourinho treated Rooney. Any manager would've done the exact same as Southgate with the Rooney situation.

dealer-

That was always dependant on how Mourinho treated Rooney. Any manager would've done the exact same as Southgate with the Rooney situation.

Disagree. Allardyce really rated him and would've continued to play him, probably as a forward after Mourinho ended the deep lying playmaker dream.

The win over Slovenia was worse than anything Southgate's served up so far.

Syder

Disagree. Allardyce really rated him and would've continued to play him, probably as a forward after Mourinho ended the deep lying playmaker dream.
We'll have to agree to disagree here because I don't think anyone is starting Rooney after this season.

NHale

Lindelöf done deal for Man Utd.

A guy that can't play without a leader alongside him, playing with Bailly another player that can't play without a leader alongside him. Lindelof is good and less mental error prone than Bailly but playing for Benfica in a weak Portuguese league isn't exactly the Premier League...

So 3 players left this summer according to Mourinho. Still desperately need a holding midfielder and a striker. A left back and a right winger are bigger needs than a center back especially because Rojo and Jones actually played well last year.

United have deep pockets so im glad they are locking up Victor, hopefully gonna have a good future. Love another swede now that Zlatans out.

Syder

Apparently Sanchez is joining City according to a Chilean journo
If true

yo6Q0YeefyPzq.webp

Oh dear, Wenger

DBT85

Pleased to see some progress on United signings though I know nothing about the guy.

Sanchez to City would be lunacy for Arsenal.

cromofo

If Lindelof is going to United, Keane is coming to Everton pretty much then.

There's a report by a trusted ITK that we're in talks with striker Sandro Ramirez of Malaga and will be battling it out with Atl. Madrid who are serving a transfer ban and who now have their priorities set differently due to Griezmann and ban situation.

Koeman has previously went to watch him play in one of the last games of the season.

Jarnet87

A guy that can't play without a leader alongside him, playing with Bailly another player that can't play without a leader alongside him. Lindelof is good and less mental error prone than Bailly but playing for Benfica in a weak Portuguese league isn't exactly the Premier League...

So 3 players left this summer according to Mourinho. Still desperately need a holding midfielder and a striker. A left back and a right winger are bigger needs than a center back especially because Rojo and Jones actually played well last year.

Rojo could miss half the season recovering and we know with 100% certainty Jones and Smalling will miss part of the season with injuries. Maybe Jose has a little more trust in Tuanzebe after the end of last year but if he goes on loan it leaves the team with 2 fit CBs who you have confidence can actually play 90 minutes without breaking. We needed another CB and it was reported all last year that Jose wanted 2 coming in. Maybe Luke Shaw gets another chance at LB. Mou seemed to fancy Darmian down the stretch and he was adequate.

Beefy

If Lindelof is going to United, Keane is coming to Everton pretty much then.

There's a report by a trusted ITK that we're in talks with striker Sandro Ramirez of Malaga and will be battling it out with Atl. Madrid who are serving a transfer ban and who now have their priorities set differently due to Griezmann and ban situation.

Koeman has previously went to watch him play in one of the last games of the season.

Best not talk to van Dijk, we will report you. haha

Tubie

Some crazy galactico signings might happen this summer transfer season.

Mbappe
Morata
James
Sanchez

There's probably a lot more too.

So the rumour going around is that Liverpool want to sign Oxlade for £51 million ...lol. £51 million for a below average squad player. If they actually buy this joker, I'm done with football.

The Sun stole it from the Chilean Journo who reported it first.

I want this to happen more than any other signing (player of the season as far as I'm concerned and have wanted to see Sanchez play with Aguero for ages) but I highly doubt it even though the rumours have persisted for around 8 months. Only way I see it happening is if Sanchez threatens to run out his contract so he can move on a free next window and Arsenal get 80 mill+ for him.

Top Bottom