• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Sturridge is a bit meh if you ask me, but his goal return hasn't been too bad.

All things considered I still rate Sturridge. He has had injury and confidence problems, and the system doesn't suit him, but he's as good a reserve striker as you could ask for. He is always desperate to score and there's no one I would trust more in a one on one situation.

We have a lot of games coming this year, if he stays fit it could be a very good season for him. I'd like to see Ings get some time as well, he's a proper shithouse and we don't have enough of em right now.

Audioboxer

All things considered I still rate Sturridge. He has had injury and confidence problems, and the system doesn't suit him, but he's as good a reserve striker as you could ask for. He is always desperate to score and there's no one I would trust more in a one on one situation.

We have a lot of games coming this year, if he stays fit it could be a very good season for him. I'd like to see Ings get some time as well, he's a proper shithouse and we don't have enough of em right now.

Yeah no doubts, I mean compare Sturridge and Welbeck and 9.9 out of 10 clubs will take Sturridge.

So how good is this Keita lad? 48 mil and to wait a year seems abit of a gamble

48m is pocket change in today's market, where John Stones is 50m. Especially for an attacking player. He's always good in Football Manager too and we all know that's what real scouts use for players!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

I'm no expert, but I have read plenty of articles over the summer and everyone is raving about him. He sounds like the real deal, and a perfect Klopp player. We were offering 70m for him before the Neymar deal, that should tell you plenty.

Beefy

How has Lemina been ? I don't get to watch Juve/Southampton that often, and he was formed at my club, never forgot how our idiotic owner sold him to Marseille in the last minutes of the transfer window while our coach counted on him and we had no replacement.

What we have missed for a few seasons. A guy who helps Romeu break up attacks and helps our defence,he has started off well.

Shocking to see we managed to get Keita wrapped up for next summer. Just get Lemar and a center back and it's actually been a surprisingly fantastic window.

Beefy

If Sky and BT battle for the Prem rights in 2019 and the TV money go up then the prices are going to get even more stupid.

Sane_Man

Rumour has it Barca bid 75 million for Keita this morning but were told he was currently having a medical at Liverpool. God I hope it's true. :D

MikeBison

Rumour has it Barca bid 75 million for Keita this morning but were told he was currently having a medical at Liverpool. God I hope it's true. :D

I doubt it. But, all day the usual Spanish ITKs and journalists have been spouting that they're going to bid for him to 'punish' us. Hahahahahaha

Markitron

If that's true then I'm gonna be thinking of this while I touch myself later.

Not just that. Apparently Arsenal were in for Keita too. Get Lemar and the knife just keeps on twisting.

Dear god, it gets even better.

£40m +1 :)

sammex

He is only 22 and both equally good in attack and defence. Basically he's a really good box to box midfielder who can score, create, dribble, intercept, and tackle. He is really short though so won't help much on the set pieces/aerial duels. Was one of the best players in the Bundesliga last season.

If he carries on like he has then that 48mill will be a bargain. (also if we don't make CL next season he's still locked in)

check this video out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X0pyJ8ReUg

MikeBison

Had more successful take on's than anyone else in Europe last year.

Basically, at Salzburg he was the best defensive midfielder in the league.

Went to Leipzig and thought he'd crack being the best attacking midfielder in the league.

If Sky and BT battle for the Prem rights in 2019 and the TV money go up then the prices are going to get even more stupid.

Also talks of Amazon potentially entering the bidding. I remember the FA considering an additional digital rights so they can get digital platform holders to compete against each other and the standard live broadcasting still can go head to head.

King_Moc

Banned
Wow, nabbed Keita out of nowhere. Great piece of business that. If they can get Lemar and a CB i'm happy. Might mean Coutinho leaving though...

Like, what's the merit of announcing it now?

The player would be uncomfortable playing for his club for an entire season, and I imagine the fans would be pissed at looking their star player on the pitch leaving them soon. I also think it'll affect Liverpool players' morale one way or another. The regular subs must ready themselves to find a new club soon.

Beefy

Also talks of Amazon potentially entering the bidding. I remember the FA considering an additional digital rights so they can get digital platform holders to compete against each other and the standard live broadcasting still can go head to head.

Going to have to pay £30m for very average players soon. Also Prem teams are all going to be in the top twenty richest clubs.

King_Moc

Banned

The player would be uncomfortable playing for his club for an entire season, and I imagine the fans would be pissed at looking their star player on the pitch leaving them soon. I also think it'll affect Liverpool players' morale one way or another. The regular subs must ready themselves to find a new club soon.

New players coming in generally spurs people on. Ferguson always made sure to buy a couple of first team players every season even when they'd won the league, just so nobody got complacent.

Sane_Man

I'm guessing you're legally obliged to since there's a contract involved.

Floody

Would have really liked Ox, but if we get Lemar don't really see where he'd fit it.

I think he'll do well at Chelsea if given the chance.

Going to have to pay £30m for very average players soon. Also Prem teams are all going to be in the top twenty richest clubs.

I love teams like West Brom who just sit on that money and still sell a decent player for even more profit but hardly break the bank when bringing in talent and finish mid table every season.

Danchi

Is there any precedence for something like the Keita deal? Plenty of players sign pre-contracts, but to have a medical a year in advance seems really weird. I do think it's kinda admirable from Liverpool to ensure you get the player you want though.

I remember Arsenal being linked with Gary Cahill when his contract was set to expire in six months. Wenger said something like, "Why would I pay now when I can get him for free in six months?" Even then I remember thinking, "Because someone else will just pay him a higher wage." In the end, Chelsea just paid the £7m and got him then.

NHale

Great deal for Arsenal considering he was going to be free next summer. It's an absurd amount of money given if you really think about it. He's not exactly a proven top quality player in the PL, 1 year deal, already refused a proposal from Arsenal and still the club gets a £35M offer. Market has gone mad indeed.

I think Ox can thrive playing in the right wing channel like Moses. But the rumors at Arsenal is that he wanted to play as an attacking mid.

Also Wimmer to Stoke all but done £15m

Hmmmm. Zouma, Martins Indi, Shawcross and now Wimmer? What I'm missing here?

sammex

Well the player has to agree to it to sign a contract so he's happy no doubts about it. The Leipzig fans know he was leaving next summer cos of his cheap release clause so they'll be happy to have a top player for another season (just like LFC fans will be happy if Coutinho stays another year). LFC players probably don't care, are happy the team is improving next summer, or have a chance to show they shouldn't be the one to make way for him. Add to that the Leipzig board will be happy to get another year plus more than his release clause. LFC management are happy they've secured a top player even if they miss the Champs league. Bit of an everyone wins situation which is quite rare in football.

Apparently Leicester are close to buy Andros Townsend for £27m. Crazy.

NHale

Ox to Chelsea could mean Barkley to Arse

PLEASE! And don't they need a physical presence? Apparently Spurs are selling Sissoko.

Barkley and Sissoko would probably led to Mr. DT and Troopz quitting Arsenal forever.

Apparently Leicester are close to buy Andros Townsend for £27m. Crazy.

WTF?!? Oh wait a minute phone is ringing.... Brighton wants to buy me for £15M.

Markitron

35m for Ox is fucking insane. He isn't worth that with 6 years left on his contract, nevermind 1 year.

27m for Townsend is just as nuts. He is such a one dimensional player.

cromofo

I don't think this is the time for Wenger to be downgrading the side. The fans would be livid.

yesjacknicholson.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom