• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The next two players I'm really intrigued by their development are Kane and Ali

I'm still convinced that Kane has made some kind of Faustian deal with the Devil that turns professionals into amateurs as soon as they are within 3 feet of him. Ali looks like the real deal, but I'll wait and see how he progresses before I heap praise on him, he could easily end up like Ross Barkley.

What is going with Johnny Evans? Suddenly everyone wants him. It looks like another case of clubs scouting the papers.

He's unspectacular but reliable, that's a valuable commodity nowadays.

I'll cry a bit on the inside if he ends up playing at West Brom under Pulis.

What a waste.

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Pulis has absolutely no ambition as a coach to win anything or entertain anyone. The stats on his Stoke/West Brom teams after they reach 40 points are shocking. Year after year they just give up. He also just seems like a thoroughly unpleasant man, the way he tried to swindle Crystal Palace was also pretty disgusting.

Evans would be fine at Arsenal ok he's not a world beater but he's the best they are gonna get for that price and point of the window.

---

New job interview time 😯

GHG

Everybody strap yourselves in for Arsene's annual supermarket sweep where he buys players to keep the fans off his back for a few months, only to never play them and sell them on in 12 months for a loss.

Pissing money down the drain.

Tunoku

Everybody strap yourselves in for Arsene's annual supermarket sweep where he buys players to keep the fans off his back for a few months, only to never play them and sell them on in 12 months for a loss.

Who's the new Chamakh?

EDIT: Actually, he wasn't bought near deadline day right?

sammex

:D

DIZGsWuXYAEST4T.jpg

jm89

£40m for drinkwater? I would normally laugh at that but i don't even know anymore with the inflated prices clubs are playing for transfers.

£100M for Oxlade-Chamberlain, Drinkwater and Barkley

Who are we, Liverpool? ffs

Ox has potential, Drinkwater works well with Kante, decent age and has won the league (plus homegrown)

Fee is a little high but we can afford it.

Not sure about Barkley, think we should sack that off and get the pennies from behind Romans sofa to go and get Sanchez

Interesting that City would be willing to give up on Sterling already to get Sanchez.

Sterling is far from a finished product and still has tons of potential. Would definitely be a win-now type of move.

I'm not even saying he's not a good transfer--he's reliable and experienced--but if we seriously panic buy Jonny Evans at the end of the window after crippling any of our leverage by already selling off Mustafi and Gabriel, I think I might actively start rooting for the opposing team in every match. We shouldn't be in these positions anymore. It all reminds me too much of the Mikael Silvestre signing.

Sterling isn't going to Arsenal.

GHG

Interesting that City would be willing to give up on Sterling already to get Sanchez.

Sterling is far from a finished product and still has tons of potential. Would definitely be a win-now type of move.

They know they can buy him back off us in 4 years time in a cut price deal when he only has 1 year left on his contract and has worked out the kinks in his game.

No sweat.

Agreed GHG, our club is a shambles.
And Wenger should not be allowed to spend another god damn penny.

The old fool is clearly senile now and does not know how to squad build or develop players anymore since 2012.

I don't want him signing any players and adding more deadwood either.
Save the money for a competent manager to spend.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

City is moving into a "big club" mentality. They will buy another big player in 2-3 years instead of waiting for Sterling to reach his potential.

To be fair, I would be a-okay with Drinkwater, Ox and Barkley for a 100 million. Between 30 and 35 million for each of them is fine, great depth players which is crucial with the season to come.

Yeah I get that 100% this late on in the window you can't shop about for the perfect candidate sometimes you gotta take a Jonny Evans lol

Beefy

Prices for players are getting stupid

Also reporters close to Southampton still saying Van Dijk will not be sold and we want a attacking midfielder.

I'm not even saying he's not a good transfer--he's reliable and experienced--but if we seriously panic buy Jonny Evans at the end of the window after crippling any of our leverage by already selling off Mustafi and Gabriel, I think I might actively start rooting for the opposing team in every match. We shouldn't be in these positions anymore. It all reminds me too much of the Mikael Silvestre signing.

Sterling isn't going to Arsenal.

We are being slowly downgraded to a mid table-ish club.
Makes sense Evans would be our CD scoop, fits our level along with the likes of Gibbs, Wally and Welbeck.

GHG

Prices for players are getting stupid

Also reporters close to Southampton still saying Van Dijk will not be sold and we want a attacking midfielder.

There's talk of us offering you guys Walcott in an exchange deal. Would you take it?

Doc_Drop

Nah, it's got to that tipping point were some ordinary fans are starting to lose interest in the game. My mates mom has followed Southampton for 40yrs, but now says the prices etc has killed it for her.
I know what you mean, but I'll never forget Carroll for 35m. That was 6 years ago

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

This has been the stance all along though right?

I know what you mean, but I'll never forget Carroll for 35m. That was 6 years ago

Such a damaging transfer. We could have had Llorente for half that price. At least we got the guts of 20m back.

Tunoku

Even of we get Sterling, what impact could he possibly have? The point of “he’s young and has room to grow” is moot as long as Wenger stays manager.

Beefy

There's talk of us offering you guys Walcott in an exchange deal. Would you take it?

Walcott is dead to Saints fans. Arsenal killed him.

Yeah there were a few messed up bids here and there. But the money involved now is mad

This has been the stance all along though right?.
Yep. But the chairman always says "this window".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom