• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's good to see the silly season kicking off, feel like I've been waiting ages for it.

Fantastic news about Keita.

I never thought the Babel-Copter would be bettered, but this VVD stuff is golden. If it actually turned out to be true I would blow a funny fuse.

Babelcopter! I'd forgotten about that lmao

Is there anyone in the U23s who could fill in as cover if Sakho leaves? Maybe the idea is to move Gomez there once Clyne returns.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Maybe the idea is to move Gomez there once Clyne returns.

That was exactly my thought. We have Robertson/ Milner for LB and TAA/Clyne for RB. Gomez will almost certainly play most of the season as a reserve CB.

Empty

I have a really bad feeling about Bale. Did Real kill him? Theres obviously something wrong and Zidane said hes fine now and injury free.

:(

watching bale makes me sad now, he used to be one of the most exciting players in the world. he needs to come back to PL where he is best suited imo.

Daffy Duck

3wGp93O.jpg

casiopao

watching bale makes me sad now, he used to be one of the most exciting players in the world. he needs to come back to PL where he is best suited imo.

If he is okay with taking some pay cut, Juventus would be damn happy to get him lol.

After all, Juventus had accepted many former RL player lol. Khedira and Higuain lol.^^

Markitron

I really don't think we'll get VVD. It'll go down to deadline day and Soton will (rightly) tell us to fuck off.

As far as I was concerned it was over the second they put out that statement in June.

Daffy Duck

Fee agreed, according to Dominic Fifield - London football correspondent for the Guardian and Observer

Oh, sad to see him go, was a good defender in my book, always looked uncomfortable on the ball but after his falling out with the club was never a way back.

Oh, sad to see him go, was a good defender in my book, always looked uncomfortable on the ball but after his falling out with the club was never a way back.

sakhomanqgsse.gif

I'll remember him for the good times. Honestly just glad we'll be getting over the situation, people crying how Sakho would have solved everything for us got boring.

That IndyKaila dude is the worst on Twitter

There was a tweet yesterday from them saying "Phone lines in our office are buzzing with all this news!" and everyone replied with "You mean in your bedroom m8?" I got way too much enjoyment from that.

But Leicester play the better football and he won't have to work for Mark Hughes.

I wouldn't start Gray either. He's all pace and no brain.

If I was a pro wouldn't care about playing 'better' football I would be interested in is the club a good fit for me, play time and where the club is going.

I legit don't even know who the Leicester manager is.

Markitron

sakhomanqgsse.gif

I'll remember him for the good times. Honestly just glad we'll be getting over the situation, people crying how Sakho would have solved everything for us got boring.

I still think it's a stupid move unless we are bringing someone else in. He is probably the second best CB we had and should have been playing last year.

Also it seems Crystal Palace are our new West Ham.

sakhomanqgsse.gif

I don't think anyone ever claimed he would solve everything, just that he would be much better than Lovren, which to be honest is the truth.

Zasa

BREAKING: Man City have made a player-plus-cash offer for Alexis Sanchez involving Raheem Sterling. More on @MirrorFootball

From John Cross who's meant to be a decent Arsenal source iirc.

"Told Man City have not offered Sterling in swap for Sanchez. That's not to say Arsenal don't want him but City want cash only deal" - https://twitter.com/mullocksmirror/status/902475642159161344

" City want cash-only deal for Sanchez & insist Sterling has not been offered to Arsenal. Going to be an interesting end to transfer window." - https://twitter.com/jonnysmiffy/status/902478123173863424

Not a thing at all apparently, & zero chance Pep wants to let go of Sterling either tbh.

See Chile fans, it's for the best that Alexis stays at Arsenal ;)
Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif

However as it was my first time watching, its kind of scary how emotional and invested people get.

Nah man, that's just how it works when you support a world-class FC :)

Well, used-to-be world-class!

And this is how emotional people get when they see what used to be a world-class FC sliding into a steady stream of mediocrity while the owner continues to rake it in and isn't even paying attention, and the manager is a has-been who constantly makes excuses hasn't done shit in over a decade and still gets a pay rise and extension to his contract.

I've been watching this team since 1990 and I've had just about enough of this shit too, and I don't even live in England anymore so I think it's easier for me to cope. I'm not in the echo chamber of other, pissed off Gunners and if I was going to these games and watching these performances I'd have completely lost it by now.

sora87

So annoying that we had to sell Sakho. The part of our squad that needs upgrading the most and we let him go. Better be bringing a CB in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom