• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Walcott is dead to Saints fans. Arsenal killed him.

The guy is dead to Arsenal fans too now. The poor guy has been exiled and has nowhere to call home. He will probably just ride the bench and write children's books for the rest of his career.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Fixed.

Come on Footy GAF, get with the programme.

You are correct, PES has and always will be the superior game, anyone that says otherwise probably sniffs bicycle seats and listens to Coldplay.

That said, I might get FIFA for the Switch this year, as I rarely play football games at home anymore.

The guy is dead to Arsenal fans too now. The poor guy has been exiled and has nowhere to call home. He will probably just ride the bench and write children's books for the rest of his career.

If Raheem Sterling ever goes thru a Scrooged Scenario, then Theo Walcott is his vision of Christmas future.

Empty

with city, chelsea and liverpool possibly reinforcing and everyone spending stupid money can we panic buy perisic plz. we actually have no width outside of tragic valencia crosses.

Beefy

Still remember seeing the skills etc he had when he played for us. Wenger killed him.

EmiPrime

Nah, it's got to that tipping point were some ordinary fans are starting to lose interest in the game. My mates mom has followed Southampton for 40yrs, but now says the prices etc has killed it for her.

I am very close to giving up myself, the money being thrown around is just distasteful and I increasingly wonder if I want to continue to feed the disgusting excess that is modern football. The sheer fuckery of nation states owning football clubs is another tier above the fuckery of foreign billionaire owners.

There's always the women's game and non-league at least.

Doc_Drop

In the past yeah, but this one's meant to be legit. Definitive version of the game supposedly.
We'll see, I've tried demos and have not been converted so far. I'll never say never, I was PES up to FIFA 2011 basically stomping them for quality and haven't felt the need to change back since

jm89

Has the PES licensing issues been improved? How many premier league teams do they have licensed now? Fuck EA

MikeBison

Over at Rawk (Liverpool forum) they're tracking a private plane and now a van that came from Bournemouth and they think has VVD in (definitely doesn't). It's fucking hilarious.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Over at Rawk (Liverpool forum) they're tracking a private plane and now a van that came from Bournemouth and they think has VVD in (definitely doesn't). It's fucking hilarious.

I have just had a look. And I thought RAWK couldn't get any worse..........

MikeBison

37efe413c129d6b203ef77fdd9efdbe6.jpg

This did make me laugh however.

Has the PES licensing issues been improved? How many premier league teams do they have licensed now? Fuck EA

The licencing is getting worse if anything. Last year even teams like Real Madrid and Juve weren't licenced and the only Prem sides were Arsenal and Liverpool. However, if you have a PS4, that can all be rectified within about half an hour.

The last couple of seasons PES, for me, has been so much better than FIFA. And having played the PES 2018 online beta a few weeks back I have to say it's shaping up to be even better this year.

The demo drops tomorrow.

Markitron

Loopy twats.

They need to be sectioned:

I'm pretty sure some grace can be given seeing as we tracked a plane, based upon seeing a private jet of a certain make being parked a Bournemouth, which we matched to a picture on VVD's instagram, that then happened to take off that day and land in Liverpool and be picked someone up by the same make van that the club uses to pick up VIP's.

GHG

It doesn't really matter much anymore since you can download edit files to get proper kits etc now on all versions with the exception of Xbox I think.

They need to be sectioned:

Then we noticed the bright lights in the sky and the space ship kidnapped Van Dijk.

I enjoyed last year's PES a lot. I gave it a go after sticking with FIFA for a few years and found it a lot more enjoyable. I don't play online as much as I used to and that's where FIFA trumps PES.

Beefy

I like the Liverpool fan on Twitter, who over night has become a ESPN reporter. Even edited his pic to have a ESPN background......

NHale

Prices for players are getting stupid

Also reporters close to Southampton still saying Van Dijk will not be sold and we want a attacking midfielder.

Spanish newspapers are saying Southampton is one of the teams interested in Vietto and that Atletico will sell him if they can finalize the deal for Costa. Without Costa they will keep Vietto.

MikeBison

I like the Liverpool fan on Twitter, who over night has become a ESPN reporter. Even edited his pic to have a ESPN background......

That was fucking hilarious. Someone on Saintsweb did a reverse image search and found his pic without the (badly) photoshopped background. That somehow made its way to a Celtic forum (thinking of the sell on fee) and all of a sudden, Twitter is awash with people claiming £81m accepted and medical today.

These Twitter ITK's help make my day go quicker, that's for sure.

jm89

It doesn't really matter much anymore since you can download edit files to get proper kits etc now on all versions with the exception of Xbox I think.

How easy is this? I remember doing this with pes 10 and it was a chore on the ps3.

GHG

How easy is this? I remember doing this with pes 10 and it was a chore on the ps3.

Download one folder, put it on a USB and extract it in the game if you're on PS4.

On the PC it used to be as simple as copy/paste but I'm not so sure anymore as it's been a few years since I've played it on PC for obvious reasons.

NHale

Now it's super easy because it's basically an option file you download from the internet, put on a USB drive, select inside the game and wait for the import. On PS3 you had to replace logo and kits one by one. Now it's all done in one single click.

shin pads as well ffs :lol

You never know when an opportunity arises. Have to be ready for that.

Markitron

You just download a save file and copy it across to the PS4 on a flash drive. Straightforward enough. I didn't find it difficult on PS3 though, just kinda tedious.

There's a John Terry joke in here somewhere.

Doc_Drop

It reminds me when me and my family was on holiday in Gambia when I was about 16. The locals challenged us to a game of football after seeing us messing about with some of the English tourists.

We turned up the next day to find 11 Gambians with shinpads, boots, two 5 a side goals, and a ref in full black kit with yellow and red cards...we were playing bare foot

We still won and it was one of the best games I've played haha

Anyway, random

It reminds me when me and my family was on holiday in Gambia when I was about 16. The locals challenged us to a game of football after seeing us messing about with some of the English tourists.

We turned up the next day to find 11 Gambians with shinpads, boots, two 5 a side goals, and a ref in full black kit with yellow and red cards...we were playing bare foot

Anyway, random

No pics, no videos ...nothing but lies.

Keita having a medical at Monaco

Had his medical yesterday fam.

NHale

So what happened to the Aurier to Tottenham rumor? Is it dead or are they waiting for the court decision to make it official?

King_Moc

Banned

Anyway, random

You played bare foot against people in football boots. Holy shit, that's a risky business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom