• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

When your defenders are awful, you win 2-1. When ours are having an off day we lose four nil.

I hate football.

Look at the chances we missed though. There's no way that should have ended 2-1. And how many did Sunderland have? They only threatened from set pieces, which Lloris dealt with well enough.

Arnie

Look at the chances we missed though. There's no way that should have ended 2-1. And how many did Sunderland have? They only threatened from set pieces, which Lloris dealt with well enough.

Only caught the end, my sleeping pattern's killed me recently.

Looking forward to the Yacob show.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Great result. Some very silly fouls and a debatable booking for Bale, but I thought we played well. Should have been 5-1, Clint was excellent when he came on, unlucky not to get two assists.

Lennon was superb, I think it was Hixx who said he was wank pre-match. Sunderland gave us a good game but I thought Lloris and the back 4 dealt with crosses well.

Great result. Some very silly fouls and a debatable booking for Bale, but I thought we played well. Should have been 5-1, Clint was excellent when he came on, unlucky not to get two assists.

Lennon was superb, I think it was Hixx who said he was wank pre-match. Sunderland gave us a good game but I thought Lloris and the back 4 dealt with crosses well.

I didn't like Clint after the first few games but the past few months he has been excellent. Shown some intelligent play and can keep hold of the ball and draw fouls. Fast becoming one of my favourites, still think Sigurdsson can be big for us if he's given time too. Naughton today was absolutely superb, easily the man of the match, although Lennon did great too. So refreshing having a goalkeeper who can handle set pieces too, so unlucky it fell to John O'Shit.

Zabojnik

I'll be watching ManU - West Bromwich for Shinji. I hoping for greatness, but I'm not really expecting it, this being his first game after the injury.

Ushojax

What is debatable about Bale's yellow card?

That there was contact? I don't think Gardner could complain if a penalty was awarded, he put his arm across him and his knee into him. I don't think that is the sort of simulation that deserves a booking.

Sandro would eat them all for breakfast, except for his buddy Dembele.

The Beast needs a rest. He has played too much and contracted the same brain disease that affects Walker, turning the wrong way, dawdling and giving the ball away. Parker has looked sharp and will probably play against Reading, Gylfi as well.

GorillaJu

That there was contact? I don't think Gardner could complain if a penalty was awarded, he put his arm across him and his knee into him. I don't think that is the sort of simulation that deserves a booking.

From the angles I saw, I didn't see any lower body contact, just the arm, which didn't go across, but appeared to pat him on his waist.

Kyoufu

Simulation is simulation. Pack your bags and go home.

Bale suspended for 5 dives. LOL

Shinji time. Excellent.

We'll have to wait till Rooneys back to see where he'll play. Hopefully the team will actually start playing the ball into him rather than always going wide.

Cleverley should help us avoid that habit. I think everyone's tired of watching Valencia stand still over the ball.

Thank you Tottenham. Keeping us in the league!

No problem, we'll let you know what Debuchy is like cheers.

Also make sure Cabaye is ready to join. French revolution, Lloris, Gallas, Kaboul, Debuchy, Cabaye.

Then in the summer when Madrid get Falcao, we'll take Benzema as part of this ....partnership we have with them :/

feel

Did that kid with the ManUtd kit think he was gonna actually play with the team? After the lining up and hand shaking he ran into position on the pitch with the rest of the players lol, someone had to tell him to gtfo.

The Beast needs a rest. He has played too much and contracted the same brain disease that affects Walker, turning the wrong way, dawdling and giving the ball away. Parker has looked sharp and will probably play against Reading, Gylfi as well.

I don't think that is Sandros fault, same with Dembele, its what is going on in front of them, Ade and Defoe just isn't working, the movement isn't quite right. Sandros ball to Lennon in the second half was killer, shame it didn't get across goal and was cleared out for a corner.

Hindle

Banned
West Brom have a chance of qualification for the CL lol, the thought of it is hilarious.

On topic, I'm expecting a 3 -1 win to United today.

Ushojax

Well he certainly looks like he enjoys his meat alive, but I'm not sure Sandro could easily handle any of those 5, even on their worst days. He's woefully error-prone and inconsistent.

Sandro error-prone? He's started every single game and become a bit tired recently but that is nonsense.

If he's woefully error prone and inconsistent I can't think of a midfielder who isn't.

dc89

DZEKO!

This fixture was 1-6 last year. Hope we can emulate it again!

WTF Dzeko again! We're up for this! Come on City, send the pretenders at the top of the league a message. This isn't over.

From the angles I saw, I didn't see any lower body contact, just the arm, which didn't go across, but appeared to pat him on his waist.

A_SmMu_CAAAHDy9.jpg

He shouldn't go down because of that though. I know players do because they think that's the only way you get a penalty and that if there's contact in the box you have to go down. You don't.

Outside of this incident, refs need to do a bit more to apply the laws of the game. There seems to be an unwritten rule that you don't get a penalty unless you go down. Similarly they don't apply the 6 second rule for goalkeepers and are much more lenient at corners. Why does this happen?

Top Bottom