• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

dc89

What the fuck did Nasri do

He did nothing. Nothing Bassong didn't do. It's baffling.

I hope Mancini fucking lays into that ref and linesman, let's see him do a Froggie and let's see the corrupt FA ban him. Corrupt, the whole fucking thing.

is77LTargJydR.gif

GorillaJu

Seriously, Mancini. Call them off the field. Throw the game, fucking bullshit officiating. Sending Nasri off for that? Bullshit, they should have both gone if it's a red card offence to have a bit of handbags.

Come now. The same thing happened to Pepe Reina against Newcastle. It appears, to us, to be the wrong decision, but the correct thing for the players to do is not get in altercations in the first place. He won his foul, he could have voiced his feelings without doing something risky like he did.

The tackle looked good though, I don't even see how it was worth a yellow. Especially after Kompany's which was nearly identical in effect - a strong follow-through but a clean lunge. I don't see how one is a yellow for Bassong and the other is a goal for City.

We looked real good in the final 15 minutes of the half. Wish we could have gotten one back, but we better spend the next 45' playing like we did at the end of the 1st... First 30' were unacceptable.

He did nothing. Nothing Bassong didn't do. It's baffling.

I hope Mancini fucking lays into that ref and linesman, let's see him do a Froggie and let's see the corrupt FA ban him. Corrupt, the whole fucking thing.

I know emotions are high, but you don't really believe this, do you dc?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He made a fantastic save a second before Sunderland scored. Looked very solid again today on the back of three clean sheets in a row.

Hugo did one amazing punch as well, it was like a centre-back's clearance it was so strong. He is a top player and could end up being one of the best in Europe. He's been fantastic recently, he brings so much more compared to Brad (who I still like as 2nd choice).

pulga

Banned
Maradona: “To be the coach of Napoli is my dream, but first there is the issue of taxes, tied to my old contract.”

Lolololol yes please!

Seriously, Mancini. Call them off the field. Throw the game, fucking bullshit officiating. Sending Nasri off for that? Bullshit, they should have both gone if it's a red card offence to have a bit of handbags.

Yes cause leaving the game won't get the FA to suspend city and shit... Good thinking.

Zabojnik

United should look into netting at least one more asap, I can see WBA putting one past them, if they can keep doing what they did in the last 15mins.

A little inconsistent. Some games looks amazing but some really poor. Suffered with a few small injuries and being force to play out of position abit.

Like in Serie A, then. He's consistent there, at least. :)

dc89

Yes cause leaving the game won't get the FA to suspend city and shit... Good thinking.

They wouldn't suspend the club, they'd award the points to Norwich and fine City. When will shitty officiating end? Will it take a team to actually leave the field of play? I'm thinking so.

Hugo did one amazing punch as well, it was like a centre-back's clearance it was so strong. He is a top player and could end up being one of the best in Europe. He's been fantastic recently, he brings so much more compared to Brad (who I still like as 2nd choice).

Yep, he oozes class. A lot of respect for Brad for how professional he is, complementing Hugo on twitter, etc... I don't think we could ask for a better number 2. It's also a shame though, because he could start for half the teams in this league.

Empty

Looooool settle the fuck down.

Not watching the game, on my way home. How we looking lads?

we're very fluid in the passing game with cleverly, kagawa, young and welbeck drifting around and keeping it tidy but lack cutting edge without rooney or rvp. look strong defensively outside of one dumb tackle by smalling.

Well. Why shouldn't I?

Mancini - the ref ate too much Christmas dinner - warrants a letter from the FA.
Fergie - up in the faces of the official and linesman - nah that's ok. Never mind that it undermines the Respect Campaign.

If the FA is corrupt and Sir Alex holds true power, that means he's pretty shit as we would have won the league last year.

The most likely scenario in this case is that the ref made a bad decision (though I haven't seen the incident myself) just like the many bad decisions made every week across the country. This FA corruption claim is ridiculous.

GorillaJu

They wouldn't suspend the club, they'd award the points to Norwich and fine City. When will shitty officiating end? Will it take a team to actually leave the field of play? I'm thinking so.

This isn't really a case of shitty officiating. It's maybe a bad call to go straight red, but this is far from the worst decision made over the last few months, or even weeks.

Jensen

Somehow Nasri being sent off due to his unnecessary reaction to being awarded a free kick is all Fergie's fault.

Never change City....forever small time.

My fantasy team, consisting of:

Begovic
Evra Vertonghen O'Brien Ivanovic
Toure Mata Routledge
Tevez Suarez Van Persie

currently has 4 points. Ridiculous.

Salazar

Looooool settle the fuck down.

Not watching the game, on my way home. How we looking lads?

Holding possession better than we have for a while. Long is getting bullied. Clev is good, Carrick is doing a fine defensive job. Valencia and Young are unremarkable. Welberg can't finish.

We won't win this 1-0. WBA have done little but if they bring on Lukaku and go direct, we will probably leak.

Dc, stop crying. Frogie gets banned and fined quite a bit.

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers Empty

But that means I hate United?

I'd be mentioning other managers dude, but no one else gets away with it so often, so I have no choice really do I?

Well, you do have a choice. It seems Nasri's been sent off for similar reasons to, as Morsel and Bungie's pointed out, a Liverpool and Tottenham player respectively. Yet you're the only one going on about Ferguson.

Maybe criticise your player for being a reactionary cunt.

K1LLER7

Statisticians Opta on Twitter:
What do you make of this dc?
City-Gaf need a Doicare :p

Holding possession better than we have for a while. Long is getting bullied. Clev is good, Carrick is doing a fine defensive job. Valencia and Young are unremarkable. Welberg can't finish.

We won't win this 1-0. WBA have done little but if they bring on Lukaku and go direct, we will probably leak.

Dc, stop crying. Frogie gets banned and fined quite a bit.

Expecting a RVP for Kagawa change around 65-70mins. He's done well in his first game back.

Gif of the Nasri red card?

yeah, I'd like to see it as well.

Thoughts about the Utd. game:
- Cleverley is still overrated (as in: the hype doesn't even begin to match his abilities). He's not bad, but he doesn't strike me as being overly talented.
- there is barely any structure to the Utd. attacks - so stale and predictable, so hard to see pre-trained moves - only Kagawa is mixing shit up, but then he creates space through some cool shit and his mates just pause for a sec as in "wtf did he just do, oh I got the ball no and he created space for me, uh, better do so...oh, too late"
- atmosphere sucks, but that's true for most EPL games/stadiums nowadays, sadly.

Of course you miss some important players and WBA is prolly hard to play, but those are my thought nonetheless.

Yeah not suspended, could easily see points reduction though, stop being silly, Nasri was acting like a little cunt and got what he had coming.

Top Bottom