• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Zabojnik

Things this game has taught me:

- Walcott >>>> Henry
- Bayern are going to have a blast against Arsenal's defense, but will likely lose with the result of 8:7
- Newcastle :/

doicare

Thankfully Newcastle weren't playing at home, i don't think the wee club in the north's scoreboard is high tech enough to count that high.

Sleepy

Things this game has taught me:

- Walcott >>>> Henry

3486011_o.gif

So wished Giroud would have scored a hattie, as well.

Kyoufu

I did say Koscielny was shit.

I did say Walcott is underrated.

I did say Giroud got unfair criticism.

I should be an Arsenal fan.

Sleepy

I still think Giroud should play center and Walcott on the wing. Walcott's not staying, though as Giroud is a better forward.

Watched the rested of the goals and I have to give Walcott credit. He had a very good game. There was some car crash defending, but some very nice finishes as well. I'm only guessing, but I doubt this will change anything in Walcott's eyes. He won them the game. Why would that make him want to stay?

Apparently he did a lap of honour as well, waving to all corners of the ground...

Sleepy

Watched the rested of the goals and I have to give Walcott credit. He had a very good game. There was some car crash defending, but some very nice finishes as well. I'm only guessing, but I doubt this will change anything in Walcott's eyes. He won them the game. Why would that make him want to stay?

Especially when he knows he won't take the position away from Giroud.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The problem with Walcott is, he doesn't have a footballing brain.

Today he was allowed all the time and space in the world. As we saw against Wigan, defend properly and his flaws as a CF are exposed. His build and close control are not good enough to play through the middle against a decent team.

He can certainly finish, though.

Kyoufu

The worst part about this is...

In the summer we looked good coming off a 5th finish. Best time to attract players.

Now in January we'll attract nobody. Not even the grannies Rooney shags.

Scum

Apparently he did a lap of honour as well, waving to all corners of the ground...

He's off to Liverpool.

Well.

We need to sell Tiote and Ba. The former is just a bad footballer, can't pass for shit. You walk around Newcastle and all you hear is "oh did you see Tiote's tackle" etc etc. That's his game, he can't pass for shit. Motherfucker is a liability, if we get 10M for him we've robbed someone. The latter is a fantastic footballer but he's selfish and bringing the overall team down. Are we a team that's trying to win games or get Ba goals? It feels like the latter. We need to sell those two and re-invest the money on someone who can provide service to Cisse (we all know he can do it) on the left, another midfielder to replace Tiote and strengthening our defence, which has been terrible.

Today he was allowed all the time and space in the world. As we saw against Wigan, defend properly and his flaws as a CF are exposed. His build and close control are not good enough to play through the middle against a decent team.

Nothing wrong with his close control. He could benefit from some extra muscle though. I think he's fully capable of playing up front on a regular basis but with a bit more upper body strength he could be a beast. His pace will frighten defenders, he can beat a man and he's brave.

Well.

We need to sell Tiote and Ba. The former is just a bad footballer, can't pass for shit. You walk around Newcastle and all you hear is "oh did you see Tiote's tackle" etc etc. That's his game, he can't pass for shit. Motherfucker is a liability, if we get 10M for him we've robbed someone. The latter is a fantastic footballer but he's selfish and bringing the overall team down. Are we a team that's trying to win games or get Ba goals? It feels like the latter. We need to sell those two and re-invest the money on someone who can provide service to Cisse (we all know he can do it) on the left, another midfielder to replace Tiote and strengthening our defence, which has been terrible.

Yes, Ba and Cisse being healthy just creates problems. Sell Ba, get someone who can be a sub for Cisse. With Marveux and Ben Arfa we have good wingers. I see potential in a Bigirimana, Anita, Cabaye midfield. But yeah, the defence, We would have needed Debuschy and another middefender so bad.

What did you make of his performance?

I thought he played pretty well.
Was very good whenever he got the ball. Used it well and kept going forwards.

Still felt like he was too quiet for stretches but tbh our general performance was crap so that didn't help.

He's such a smart and classy player though. The fans love him. Kagawa shirts flying off the racks.

Kyoufu

A lot of people are forgetting Arsenal didn't play a game on Boxing day. They were fresh and it showed after 70 minutes.

Meh. Fuck football. Only oil money can save us.

Lightning

Banned

Southampton away next up for us so he'll have the chance to impress once again in that match but after that we better have a plan or we're going to get horribly exposed.

Top Bottom