• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

PJX

Hey guys, I have had the best New Year so far. My wife just gave birth to my daughter, Marisa, born 01 Jan 2013 at 00:49. First baby born in the New Years at St Georges Hospital in London. Best feeling in the world right now. I'm on such a high nothing could bring me down.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hey guys, I have had the best New Year so far. My wife just gave birth to my daughter, Marisa, born 01 Jan 2013 at 00:49. First baby born in the New Years at St Georges Hospital in London. Best feeling in the world right now. I'm on such a high nothing could bring me down.
Congrats!!

Bo-Locks

Congratulations! Nice name btw.

Congrats!

K1LLER7

Congratulations :D

Like the name too. Just make sure she doesn't support Liverpool ;)

yella

Congratulations! You're in for the time of your life. Enjoy it!

Dibbz

Happy New Year fuckers

50b39e0b456ab8bc57ca373d107d6177_large.gif

Congrats on the baby PJX

Meier

Fantastic! Congratulations! :)

Checking in for RPJ. Showing my support for the other kind of football.

Congratulations PJX!

And here I am. It's almost 7 and I'm just in bed. I kid you not when I tell you I've spent half an hour sheltering from the rain under an awning at the local metrostation

Salazar

My wife just gave birth to my daughter, Marisa

Magic.

There is utterly nothing on the United transfer front, save for this bollocks about Zaha. Who I've seen pretty persuasively described as a fusion of Wanchope and Bebe.

So basically we get to sit around and watch Chelsea hurl Fiat-sized wedges of cash at strikers.

Bollocks.

And giggle at RAWK, I guess.

Who (realistically) would be good for us in that position?

Dzagoev would be good. He has also hinted at move( to Roma) but will cost money.

If we just want someone cheap but safe I think Sigurddson is still a quality player, he just doesn't fit the system at Spurs.

A more versatile player could be Rossi but that is a gamble considering his injury record. He is also not a traditional #10, more of a striker with vision and dribbling abilty.

There are few players in Holland that can play that role. Van Ginkel, Eriksen etc

If Southampton go down we can always take Ramirez or Lallana from them. Both are quite good for the right price.

If Juventus sign one or two strikers Giovinco might be available for a decent price. He is more of a secondary striker or wide forward rather than a 10.

Turan also wants to move so he could also be a good option

Dawww how nice, Andres is thinking of us. Happy new year to you too, malparido. And to everybody else who couldn't make it. That's you too Meus ;)

And it's good to see bjaelke and Fry post again. Welcome back

faridmon

Congrats on the baby. Although, being born on teh first of January sucks. In Germany at least, you will be assumed that you don't have any birth certificate :/

Anyway, 15 min of Fireworks was great and all. But we had to wat for it for 2 hours and getting home was nightmare.

Next year, I'll just sleep tight during new years eve.

Scum

Congrats! \o/

Lightning

Banned
People keep saying he wants to go to Arsenal.

Which should really tell Arsenal, as well as the other interested clubs, something about the standard of his decision-making.
Yeah, that he wants the 3 years training he will get with us before he moves on to another club to win things. lol

Giovinco is not a realistic target for Liverpool. Don't care how many strikers we sign, he's not going to Liverpool. Born and bred Juventus fan, just came back to us, playing well, we're in Champions League and top of the table, currently has a next-to-rock-solid starting spot, and even if we sign Llorente (for instance), he'll still have at worst a 50% chance, with Vucinic, of starting in one match a week given the competitions we're in.

It's like dc515901395 thinking De Rossi is going to sign for Man City. Maybe, maybe if these weren't players at their favourite squads, where they've built homes and lives, and can win trophies (unlike Liverpool, and increasingly Man City). But even then. I'm sorry guys, but the Premier League isn't what it was even a couple years ago and Serie A is not your feeding ground. La Liga and Bundesliga teams have more quality than the EPL and, though we're still overall behind even the EPL, I think we're taking chunks off your heels.

GorillaJu

Giovinco is not a realistic target for Liverpool. Don't care how many strikers we sign, he's not going to Liverpool. Born and bred Juventus fan, just came back to us, playing well, we're in Champions League and top of the table, currently has a next-to-rock-solid starting spot, and even if we sign Llorente (for instance), he'll still have at worst a 50% chance, with Vucinic, of starting in one match a week given the competitions we're in.

It's like dc515901395 thinking De Rossi is going to sign for Man City. Maybe, maybe if these weren't players at their favourite squads, where they've built homes and lives, and can win trophies (unlike Liverpool, and increasingly Man City). But even then. I'm sorry guys, but the Premier League isn't what it was even a couple years ago and Serie A is not your feeding ground. La Liga and Bundesliga teams have more quality than the EPL and, though we're still overall behind even the EPL, I think we're taking chunks off your heels.

It's just one dude throwing names out of players he thinks we should make inquiries about. It's not consensus (even though United fans would love to believe all of us are that delusional). I've never even heard of Giovinco as a target for Liverpool and no fan would expect an Italian player at the best team in Italy to want to move to a team sitting around 10th in the PL.

But the Bundesliga and La Liga having more quality than the PL is a debatable point. In terms of individually skilled players, there are many in those leagues that shine in the way the game is currently played, and as PL teams make inroads into changing their style to suit the modern game, those young talents with exceptional speed and technique have become more desired.

Giovinco to Liverpool is about as likely as Suarez to Juventus, which is to say, it was always a laughable suggestion.

Zabojnik

Giovinco to Liverpool is about as likely as Suarez to Juventus, which is to say, it was always a laughable suggestion.

Yep. I don't know about 'always' when it comes to Suarez though. Maybe there was a small window of opportunity when all that shit went down earlier this last year? But even then, a club would would have to come forward with 30-40M€. Not our case, unfortunately.

I've always rated Suarez, glad he's been doing very well as of late, cunt of not.

I'm with this guy. Forza Galang.

1pJst.gif

Why would Isco go to a poor team like Man U? If he just waits a year or so he could probably go to Barca or Real, beside doesn't he have homesickness issues? I remember reading that was one of the reasons he went to Malaga.

But at least Man U fans have a reason to expect good players, this dude has been the bane of Arsenal transfer rumours. Almost every rumour that pops up you have deluded fans moaning that we should use the money towards getting Isco instead... as if money is what makes his transfer unrealistic

Salazar

(even though United fans would love to believe all of us are that delusional).

No, it's the mixture that is so beguiling.

Why would Isco go to a poor team like Man U?

Que ? We're not skint and we're not altogether shite.

If he just waits a year or so he could probably go to Barca or Real, beside doesn't he have homesickness issues? I remember reading that was one of the reasons he went to Malaga.

True. But if you go to Madrid, it seems that you have to spend every waking hour pissing out PR drivel about how universe-shakingly terrific the club is and how you'd die for the shirt and so on. Or maybe the players do that off their own bat. I dunno.

GorillaJu

I'm super jealous of PJX. I've been trying to find an opportunity to settle down, put a ring on her and pop out a kid, but financial situation would be woeful for a family.

dc89

Amazing news dude!!!

FootballFan

Happy new year footballGAF.

I look forward to a year of Man United formations, afer dark, messi breaking his own record, Mou getting a massive contract extension(PLEASE!!) and more.

Don't think I should get into the new year with any grudge, especially in here that there are many people that I like. Consider me back bitches.
And happy new year.

Lol welcome back!

OMG fry is back.

fry vs g-unit vs Clegg

Triple threat, hell in a cell.

Lets do it.

Fuck that would be fantastic.

Woah that is great mate, congratulations. :D

PJX

Thanks guys. Just got up and going to get ready and go back to the hospital. I couldn't spend the night there this morning. Can't wait to hold her again.

Fady K

Gareth Bale, End of Watch was quite good! One of the end scenes had my throat dry.

Jack Reacher was a decent Tom Cruise action thriller. Rosamund pike has a beautiful figure by the way.

Salazar

I've missed you, transfer gossip.

Oh aye, and Ray Wilkins endorses the Lampard move.

Says that Frank will score us seven goals a season.

Fuckin Evra is on course for 10. Frank is a good man, but I would be staggered if we gave a molecule of a toss about his contract situation.

Rosamund pike has a beautiful figure by the way.

And an arousingly masculine speaking voice.

Labadal

I hope 2013 keeps on giving. Congratulations.

3Sixty

'The question of Southampton's academy set-up is a very good one because they have done a fabulous job,' said the Frenchman, whose side have won four successive Premier League matches.

'Why? It is down to the quality of their scouting, the quality of their coaching and education. When you look at what Bale is doing, and Walcott.

'And now they have they players like Morgan Schneiderlin, they have brought some players of top, top quality and they work well. They have fantastic scouting.'

Keep you grubby mitts off Morgan.

Top Bottom