• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Salvadora

Robin van Persie on Dennis Bergkamp:

tears-pf-joy-480x360.jpg

You'll never reach Bergkamp's level, Robin.

Hindle

Banned
More like Arsenal's regression since they lasted played Southampton.

Let's not kid ourselves, Southampton weren't amazing, they just happened to play a really shit Arsenal today. Sagna was poor. Walcott was invisible. Cazorla was invisible.

Yea, I hope Southampton stay up though, their approach to football is great for England IMO.

More like Arsenal's regression since they lasted played Southampton.

Let's not kid ourselves, Southampton weren't amazing, they just happened to play a really shit Arsenal today. Sagna was poor. Walcott was invisible. Cazorla was invisible.

Was Cazorla like this at Malaga btw? Seems a bit 'all-or-nothing' so far, either the best player on the pitch, or completely invisible

Tc91

What's that gaming website where if you send a screenshot in they price match the deal? Can't buy hitman from my phone on amazon :(

Kyoufu

Was Cazorla like this at Malaga btw? Seems a bit 'all-or-nothing' so far, either the best player on the pitch, or completely invisible

I don't know. Never saw him play until his arrival at Arsenal but maybe he's carrying an injury? He's just so invisible right now.

The Cazorla that Arsenal fans love dances around other players and takes cheeky shots. This one didn't give a shit today.

Haha, after Morsel posted about me and him having near similar FPL teams, we got the same points total today!

Damn Zabaleta getting 3 bonus points. Andersen is gonna rake in a solid amount with Weimann coming off his bench too. I don't know if Spanish Wrath is still actively playing the game but he is doing quite well with not so conventional choices.

Salvadora

Seeing things like that didn't make me stop smoking, it was the price. It was conservatively costing me £100 a month. I never really gave a damn about the health risks, to be honest.

FootballFan

He was kinda the go to player at Malaga, so it was hard to be 'invisible', the ball was always going to him. I have noticed that he hasn't gotten involved in the game lately.

To be fair to him, at Malaga he had better defenders, better forwards and a better goal keeper, only midfield was probably inferior. So it would have been easier.

Lightning

Banned
Thanks, holidays have been great. Pretty exhausted from school and work so it was nice relaxing with friends and family. How about you?

I think the biggest problem with the team is, well, the same problem that's been a big issue since Viera left, and then Flamini. Without a physical presence in midfield, we can't dominate possession because it's difficult for us to get the ball back. Song was kind of a shit DM so he didn't really do the job, but we didn't really need that because we had excellent passers in the team. Arteta/Wilshere/Cazorla are all good players, but I think this trio (especailly Arteta and Cazorla) isn't physical imposing enough to be incisive with their passing, nor can they really regain possession either. And they're bound to be exhausted too. At this point, I can only hope Diaby will be fit during the window so he actually can be sold and replaced because this charade is up.

I also think the wide areas, which have been a problem area for years now, are a big issue. Our wide play is just really uninspiring in general; players make short passes when they could be making a run, the cross the ball when there's no one in the box, etc. We could use a natural wide player especially if Walcott signs a new contract (fuck it, let's give him the money) and continues his run down the center.

At least the team seems to be clicking okay... the draw today was pretty disappointing but it's really just typical Arsenal to drop points like that anyways so it's not too surprising.
I've been home with family occasionally going out with friends. On holiday from work at the moment.

I've said for so long that Diaby needs to go and we need steel in the midfield. One of the problems Cazorla is having is our midfield are constantly being pressed and we don't have a physical presence to take control. Cazrola also doesn't do what Fabregas did, doesn't have the passing vision or the energy levels, Fabregas use to be all over the pitch for us setting players up or running channels to receive a pass while Cazorla really doesn't do that and we suffer for it. Also because of the lack of quality in our squad the opposing teams knows that marking Cazrola out of the game goes a long way to killing Arsenal and Cazorla hasn't found a way to cope with that yet.

Hard to know who to replace Daiby with and our wingers are shocking imo. Podolski is not up to it and Chamberlain is not at the required level yet. Gervinho needs to be moved on asap. We need steel in the midfield and more quality either on the wings or in the middle.

Any players you feel we should target?

Salvadora

As a smoker do you think it makes a difference with those pictures? I don't know really if some pictures would change what I do that easily.

I've posted too much this page.

Not in the slightest, I'm buying them regardless of what the put on the packets. More taxes is the best route I think. Make people feel each cigarette, financially. It worked on me.

Facism

Gold Member
I wouldn't mind people fucking themselves with smoking if their dirty fucking poison didn't enter my lungs, too.

Meier

Supposedly Soton are in the driver's seat to sign Butland. I think he'd become their starting keeper immediately. Or in a similar length of time as it took Lloris to take over for Friedel.

Kyoufu

Supposedly Soton are in the driver's seat to sign Butland. I think he'd become their starting keeper immediately. Or in a similar length of time as it took Lloris to take over for Friedel.

Could be good. He's England's future #1 if you believe the hype.

What kind of wages is Lescott on right now and how long does he have on his contract? I really wouldn't mind at least a loan if affordable...

Timurid

Could be good. He's England's future #1 if you believe the hype.

What kind of wages is Lescott on right now and how long does he have on his contract? I really wouldn't mind at least a loan if affordable...

How's Adam campbell doing at newcastle?

kharma45

Not in the slightest, I'm buying them regardless of what the put on the packets. More taxes is the best route I think. Make people feel each cigarette, financially. It worked on me.

I'd say some of the people in this thread might be shocked at the drink driving ads we are used to seeing over here.

Top Bottom