• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wilbur

Banned
Debuchy gets the first flight back to France
Marseille sign Suarez
Kyoufu commits seppuku
Rafa commits seppuku
Happy New Year

Actually not that worried about Liverpool at OT. Probably just because it's at OT and I don't even think Liverpool will dominate possession all that much.

But yes, it is a game we could lose, we could literally lose any given game though such is the way of this current team. Clegg's right though, we're 7 points ahead but we could easily drop points against Liverpool and then Spurs and we're back to a lead of one result.

Our run in is tough too. Arsenal, Chelsea and City all in the last 6 games. We need to have a 6/7 point lead going into that run...and even then...we saw what happened last year :(

FA cup this weekend though, really want us to win it, been too long.

Wilbur

Banned
Actually not that worried about Liverpool at OT. Probably just because it's at OT and I don't even think Liverpool will dominate possession all that much.

But yes, it is a game we could lose, we could literally lose any given game though such is the way of this current team. Clegg's right though, we're 7 points ahead but we could easily drop points against Liverpool and then Spurs and we're back to a lead of one result.

Our run in is tough too. Arsenal, Chelsea and City all in the last 6 games. We need to have a 6/7 point lead going into that run...and even then...we saw what happened last year :(

I think they'll either dominate and we scrape a win or we set out like we used to against Arsenal, counter the fuck out of them and win confidently.

Didn't know that about the last six games, but at least two of them are at home and Arsenal are even worse than Chelsea and QPR.

I want the FA Cup too. Will be 9 years by the time the final comes around, fuck me.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Everton are great

I think between them and the London clubs, they are the hardest working. They graft every game and rarely lose. The London teams are more flimsy but capable of crushing teams whereas Everton are a bit more scrappy.

It's going to be such an exiting second half of the season.

Kyoufu

Please be relegated instead of us. You've come straight back up before. You'll be alright.

Nah this relegation will fuck us over completely. We actually have some good players for once. (who are injured lol).

This will really fuck us.

#weeclub for life.

The bolded should be difficult, but they wont be.

K1LLER7

Expect us to drop points when the CL starts again. Should beat Liverpool though.

Er8e6.jpg

:(

Mastadon

Banned
Everton and Arsenal are both within 3 points of us now. It'd be a massive bonus if we managed to win at OT.

Edit: Oh no, wait. Everton are 5 points ahead.

Arnie

I think between them and the London clubs, they are the hardest working. They graft every game and rarely lose. The London teams are more flimsy but capable of crushing teams whereas Everton are a bit more scrappy.

It's going to be such an exiting second half of the season.

I think they're a far better team than all the London clubs, but they can't rely on the individual brilliance of players like Bale, Cazorla, Mata, and Hazard. Fellaini's good but he demands service, and Baines is a left back. When Mirallas is on top form they go up a few notches collectively.

I think they're all in tune with each other, and what the team's meant to be doing at any given time more than anyone in the league, I honestly do.

But they're all cunts, unfortunately.

Wilbur

Banned
And to add insult to injury, QPR now look like they're about to sign the one that got away: Tal Ben Haim

#Harry8MoreYears

Wilbur

Banned
thQNT.png

You fucking magnificent cunt

End of the festive football guys :(

Say no to the winter break.

sob

Well, only a few days until FA Cup now, but then a week until PL's back. And I really need football right now :(

gonna go watch Shaun Wright Phillips | Bane: Of Course | 480p

Damnit

Arsenal and Chelsea will be fighting for champions league spots, and City will of course be wanting the title. Dangerous set of games there.

Arnie

Yeah the table I was looking at hadn't updated. Still, 3 and 5 points isn't bad.
Considering how inconsistent we've been, I'd agree.
End of the festive football guys :(

Say no to the winter break.
Been such a roller coaster this year.
Like, this...

BBC reporting Joe Cole's move will be permanent.

Sturridge, mate, if you want to introduce yourself to the Liverpool fans you know what you must do. Old Trafford for our next league game. Please.

Yen

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney
Redknapp admits he wanted Joe Cole. "I like Joe." "He's West Ham, I understand. He's going back home."

Presumably this was said from a car window.

Wilbur

Banned
B-Rod said:
I have known Daniel since he was 12 at Coventry and then coming through the ranks at Man City. He can score, he has pace and power.

He is also hungry and what we need at Liverpool is players hungry to do well. He recognises this might be his chance at a big club and he has to produce. I am looking forward to working with him.

B-Rod doing his best to temper expectations

Keio

For a Finer World
Newcastle are 8/1 to be relegated.
Easy money.

I've been too busy this season to watch all games but this evening really really stings. Much more than the ManU game or even last week's Arsenal where we just gave up. Well, that theme continued today.

Top Bottom