• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

ShogunX

Wrong thread. :)

Soccer-bad-breath-dive.gif

Sometimes I venture into other thread's and I realise that there are some real dickheads on the internet and in this world in general.

It's kinda sad.

Time to watch RVPs goal today 100 times.

operon

This is the biggest problem. Wenger hasn't adjusted to the jump in price tags. Wenger thinks the prices we paid for Overmars etc... 10-15years ago should net you top quality players and it doesn't anymore. Even in Spain and Germany the prices will only get higher and you need to get in quicker. Arsenal waste an abysmal amount of time dwelling over transfers and that allows others to swoop in with better deals in front of us and we don't offer competitive wages either. While this is the case he can't expect the best players to want to come to us or our best players to stay.

Why should Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, Chamberlain etc... get paid less than their british counterparts while being better players because of Arsenal's policies and as an extra kick in the guts not win anything or be rewarded to boot? They wont and nor should they. Wenger is too set in his ways to change, he's not like Fergusson who has moved with the times, Wenger has stood still and unfortunately as a club we've become stagnant as a result. Until Wenger has moved on there can be progression at Arsenal FC.

Spot on. Wenger is great at spotting talent but won't pay what the is a reasonable fee til someone else swoops later paying more and reaping the rewards

The articles I read said they are looking to buy one club in each premier division lol

There may still be hope.

Thankfully for all fans of Italian football, Torino will be back in Serie B next year.

Torino would be a bad purchase for the same reasons that City was a bit of an illogical purchase. That is, they'd be in direct competition in the same city as the biggest and most popular team in Italy. The majority of hardcore Torino fans are in their older years, anyway. Most of the younger fans fade in and out as Torino yo-yos to Serie B and back.

If there was going to be a big purchase, it'd be in a northern city, a team with an owner who was willing to sell, in a city with a population big enough to support the team properly, and ideally have had some success historically.

Enter Genoa CFC and their money grubbing president Enrico Preziosi.

If an Italian team were to be bought with oil money, that'd be my bet.

Labadal

I'm not looking forward to the United game. Their defence might not have been great, but the same can be said about us. And all them goals they have scored... I'm worried.

Kyoufu

I think the difference between Manure and Liverpool will be RVP.

Liverpool are a few marquee signings away from taking a shit on Man United's chest.

Wilbur

Banned

Liverpool are a few marquee signings away from taking a shit on Man United's chest.

On paper, their first team is probably equal to ours, yeah. I just think they're missing something which we have, and its self belief. I don't think they're the type of Liverpool team who believe they can come to Old Trafford and win yet. But they will be given time.

I'm only joking, I'd snuggle with you.

<3 let me be daddy spoon

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Timurid

Thankfully for all fans of Italian football, Torino will be back in Serie B next year.

Torino would be a bad purchase for the same reasons that City was a bit of an illogical purchase. That is, they'd be in direct competition in the same city as the biggest and most popular team in Italy. The majority of hardcore Torino fans are in their older years, anyway. Most of the younger fans fade in and out as Torino yo-yos to Serie B and back.

If there was going to be a big purchase, it'd be in a northern city, a team with an owner who was willing to sell, in a city with a population big enough to support the team properly, and ideally have had some success historically.

Enter Genoa CFC and their money grubbing president Enrico Preziosi.

If an Italian team were to be bought with oil money, that'd be my bet.

Torino has all of that. We have history, fans, and we'll be staying in Serie A. Plus, we have a good defense to build upon and we can get rid of Cairo.
1.gif

Labadal

I don't know, man. Jose Enrique can is a mixed bag. So is Skrtel. He can have a great game and then one mistake ruins it. Reina isn't as good as he used to be, although he's looked good in the last two games. What gives me the slightest of hope is that Gerrard has played decently and could support Suarez. I don't know if Sturridge will make such a big impact vs United. He hasn't really played enough to be in good form, imo.

Arnie

Hate going to sleep too early and waking up at a stupid hour. Can't get back to sleep now. I was dreaming about evading whales on a jet ski.

Fuck that Dutch cunt, Suarez will score the winner at OT and take the custom celebration to a new level by taking a shit on Ferguson's feet. Rodgers applauds it.

Wilbur

Banned
We have much more depth and consistency than Liverpool do.

And Liverpool's quality in the final third is still well behind ours.

Yeah depth for sure, and consistency for sure, but their midfield and defence are better than ours on paper.

But its the depth and consistency that will win us the match, I think. Evra will come back in and he's been fine recently, Rio will come back, Rafael will move back to RB, van Persie will play the whole game, and Carrick will start. I'm relatively certain we'll win, but it won't be easy, and it'll be because of the team spirit (ours being never say die and Liverpool not having that belief yet)... or the game will be decided because of its two outstanding individuals

Messi

Hate going to sleep too early and waking up at a stupid hour. Can't get back to sleep now. I was dreaming about evading whales on a jet ski.

Fuck that Dutch cunt, Suarez will score the winner at OT and take the custom celebration to a new level by taking a shit on Ferguson's feet. Rodgers applauds it.

tumblr_m3db5qDgOa1rv6lnjo1_500.gif

I approve of the Suarez winner. Injury time too please.

Labadal

We have much more depth and consistency than Liverpool do.

And Liverpool's quality in the final third is still well behind ours.

It's a mix of this and some of what Wilbury said. A few years ago, these games were the highlights of the season for me. Now I think even the players think that it will be nearly impossible to win at OT.

It's the effectiveness really.

Clearly Liverpool have a better defensive unit.

But the midfield as smart as it is isn't really having a match-winning effect for them. Whilst our midfield isn't great it does quite a solid job of maintaing pressure and supplying balls to the wide and forwards players who do win us the match.

As a team unit our team is very effective. Liverpool's not so much.

Wilbur

Banned
71 goals in 30 games so far this season for us, including 54 in 21 PL games. Damn we on motherfucking fiyah.

Arnold, guess who has got a job interview at Nandos on Monday.

Arnie

When Joe Allen flicks a deft volley into De Gea's net on 96 minutes (Kagawa needed treatment) ill drop my pants and run into the street singing will.i.am's new song at the top of my lungs.

71 goals in 30 games so far this season for us, including 54 in 21 PL games. Damn we on motherfucking fiyah.

That means 51 goals have been scored by people not named RVP.

I wonder how many goals other teams in the league have scored this season.

Yen

When Joe Allen flicks a deft volley into De Gea's net on 96 minutes (Kagawa needed treatment) ill drop my pants and run into the street singing will.i.am's new song at the top of my lungs.

I'll go to Leeds in blackface and spit on El Hadji Dioouf.

Arnie

Oof nice one. I'm drowning in Nandos vouchers and free half chickens at the moment. Expecting at least three trips over the coming month, as I balance work and revision with peri peri orgasms.

Messi

Oof nice one. I'm drowning in Nandos vouchers and free half chickens at the moment. Expecting at least three trips over the coming month, as I balance work and revision with peri peri orgasms.

I have never eaten there, the ordering process scares me. So I never go in.

Fry

Why the fuck would you ruin such a moment with that cunt's song?

Wilbur

Banned

Can't wait to say SHINJCREDIBLE

That means 51 goals have been scored by people not named RVP.

I wonder how many goals other teams in the league have scored this season.

one man team am i right

RVP has 16 of 54 in the league.

Suarez has scored 18 of Liverpool's 54 goals all season, 15 of 34 in the league.

will look up some more in a second

Labadal

Can't wait to say SHINJCREDIBLE

one man team am i right

RVP has 16 of 54 in the league.

Suarez has scored 18 of Liverpool's 54 goals all season, 15 of 34 in the league.

will look up some more in a second

That's why I'm scared. You guys have players that can score. Romney, Chicashit, Wilbur, and Van Persia.

Top Bottom