• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

fplteam.jpg

Mumei, can the winner have 'Campione' as his tag, at the end of the season, assuming he doesn't already have one?

It's a pretty tight league, considering we're half way through the season now.

If you're within 50 points with 6/7 gameweeks to go you have a chance.

Kyoufu

Not sure what to do right now. Had food poisoning yesterday so I feel like shit atm. Not well enough to play anything. Any current TV show I should put on?

pulga

Banned
Casillas had this to say about yesterday's debacle:

"I'm not used to this, but before Casillas comes the team and this is not another speech," he told Spanish TV station La Sexta.

"The coach decides who plays. I have to keep training more with this healthy competition with Adan.

"Mourinho didn't say anything to me, he didn't explain anything. He doesn't give me explanations for when I do play, so then, neither when I don't.

"My team-mates have all given me their support, just like we've all given our support to Antonio [Adan]. Our results have not been so favourable, but the fact the two of us received the support of the dressing room is testament to the fact we all get along."

The news did not come as a shock to the 31-year-old though, as he had suspected during the week that such a decision would be made.

He added: "During the week, I had a feeling I wasn't going to play but it's no setback. What was important was that the team won in Malaga to cut the points difference between Barca and Atlético."

Casillas believes there is good competition between the keepers at Madrid and knows he needs to work harder to regain his place.

"I feel good and there is a healthy competition between Adan and me," he continued.

"We must abide by the decision of the coach and I must train a lot more to try to regain his confidence."

Classy Iker.

Alright guys, I'm off to your side of the pond! Can't wait to get to Rome <3

Steven Gerrard was this week's FPL Star Player

Back in his prime

If Williams isn't banned by the FA, he should be banned by Swansea for the shocking attempted clearance

edit: Holy shit, odd_morsel is second from bottom in the December league so far

Casillas had this to say about yesterday's debacle:

Classy Iker.

Alright guys, I'm off to your side of the pond! Can't wait to get to Rome <3

Not that classy. He spoke of himself in the third person, which rates up there as one of the scummiest things a person can do, next to being a professional darts player and child molestation.

rodvik

Rafa Benitez offered Villa words of encouragement after their heavy defeat to his Chelsea side, insisting: "Paul Lambert has good ideas and will improve Villa."

Benitez's Champions League holders comprehensively saw off Villa at Stamford Bridge, hitting eight past the men in claret and blue.

The Blues turned on the style to move back up to third place in the Premier League.

Fernando Torres continued his resurgence with a towering third-minute header to set them on their way.

And a stunning David Luiz free-kick and Branislav Ivanovic header gave them a strong lead at the break.

Frank Lampard marked his 500th Premier League start by crashing home a fourth on the hour and two strikes from substitute Ramires, an Oscar penalty and a fine individual effort from Eden Hazard rounded off the scoring.

But, instead of immediately hailing his own impressive side, Benitez took time out to applaud what Lambert is trying to do to improve Villa long-term.

He said: "It's never easy when you concede so many goals. You feel sorry for the other team but we are professionals.

"I will say something that is strange for some people to understand but I think they were doing really well in terms of the way they were moving and their gameplan.

"I could see it was good and it was difficult for us to counter it. We had to work very hard to control them.

"Obviously when you have a young group of players and you play against a top side, it's not easy.

"But in terms of what they were trying to do, you can see that the manager has good ideas.

"He will improve the team. They will be in a good position."

Cheers Rafa, the only good thing to come from today. That was classy. I have no complaints, we were out classed everywhere.

Freewheeling we welcome you into the Chelsea brotherhood of fine and classy gentlemen.

haha!

Can I just say before I go to football:

"It's most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for years. He could've been killed and I think the FA has got to look at it"

roy-keane_1342720c.jpg

What. A. JT.

Right, bye bye. #prayfordc #saynotoheadingtheball

Even worse would be that photo of Scholes penis exposed on the pitch, not sure how anything more awful than that can ever happen on the pitch.

FootballFan

As promised I have begun watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I know I'm supposed to be patient with the first seasonand I can see why as its a bit rough around the edges, but the first episode had me choking with laughter. NEED MOOAAAR

Nice. Yeah it is a slow start, season 2 is when it gets good, though imo the first season is awesome anyway.

No we can take solace that we are better than you despite all our shortcomings and failings we have always finished the season higher than you because no matter how much we fail you guys suck that much more. And as toothless as we are we still have scored more goals this season than you and conceeded fewer goals to boot.

4x9nR.gif

Slizz

Fergie is the ultimate troll, I dunno how you guys still fall for it. Him pointing at his watch? Thats him reading GAF/listening to pundits and milking it. FROGGGIE

Empty

no-one outside the club is putting pressure on the team for two dropped points and a closer race, they're all talking about the stupid comment. he knows exactly what's he's doing.

no-one outside the club is putting pressure on the team for two dropped points and a closer race, they're all talking about the stupid comment. he knows exactly what's he's doing.
Quite often I do think that's exactly what he tries to do but not so sure this time.

Incredibly stupid comment.

Top Bottom