• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Sloosha

Merry Christmas footy-gaf. Just had a nice stroll around the Waterfront and some of the more touristy areas of Vancouver. It's a lovely city Sviatolslav.

Fintan

Merry Christmas, Footy Gaf! Just back from Christmas Eve in the local. Basically everyone from my school year was there, so that was fun.

Meier

Sneijder at Spurs would be interesting. Huge upgrade over Lennon, that's for sure. How the heck could they afford him though?

bud

Sneijder at Spurs would be interesting. Huge upgrade over Lennon, that's for sure. How the heck could they afford him though?

they play in completely different positions, though. lennon is a right winger, sneijder is a number ten.

Carbonox

Is it true that PSG want Ba? If so that's where he'll go.

Gameiro's out of favour there so Ba will probably replace him. I remember wanting Gameiro before PSG signed him. Wonder if that could be on the cards again...

Instead we will end up signing Macheda, tipped by Pardew as the next Cantona.

They don't play remotely in the same position, nor do they play in positions where AVB would have to choose one over the other as far as I'm aware

---------------Lloris----------
Walker-Dawson--Vertongen-BAE
-------------Sandro-----------------
---------------Sneijder-------------
Lennon-------------------------Bale
----------Dempsey------------------
--------------------Adebayor--------

?

Kyoufu

Gameiro's out of favour there so Ba will probably replace him. I remember wanting Gameiro before PSG signed him. Wonder if that could be on the cards again...

Instead we will end up signing Macheda, tipped by Pardew as the next Cantona.

Would prefer if we swapped Ba for Sakho.

Carbonox

Would prefer if we swapped Ba for Sakho.

Honestly, Sakho and Remy, sell Ba, and I'd take even just that for January. As long as our squad grows rather than shrinks or stays the same, I don't care any more how it's achieved, though it's obvious we need a CB and striker. Wouldn't mind a new winger either, though Remy can play as a winger. Anything to drop Jonas, as much as I like him.

Meier

they play in completely different positions, though. lennon is a right winger, sneijder is a number ten.
I think they'll have to play Dempsey on the wing? Dembele definitely isn't suited to play there. I just can't see Lennon continuing to play while they have new signings of Dembele, Sneijder and Dempsey all available to play in attacking roles.

Kyoufu

Honestly, Sakho and Remy, sell Ba, and I'd take even just that for January. As long as our squad grows rather than shrinks or stays the same, I don't care any more how it's achieved, though it's obvious we need a CB and striker. Wouldn't mind a new winger either, though Remy can play as a winger. Anything to drop Jonas, as much as I like him.

I like Jonas as a person. He seems like a good guy.

But as a footballer he is just the worst. Funny that he got a contract extension yet he drags the team down. That's why he won't be dropped sadly. Pardew can't look bad in front of Ashley after making them give him a new contract.

Carbonox

I like Jonas as a person. He seems like a good guy.

But as a footballer he is just the worst. Funny that he got a contract extension yet he drags the team down.

Yeah. Marveaux should be starting week-in, week-out now, IMO. He has defensive capabilities too but is much more efficient on the attack.

I think they'll have to play Dempsey on the wing? Dembele definitely isn't suited to play there. I just can't see Lennon continuing to play while they have new signings of Dembele, Sneijder and Dempsey all available to play in attacking roles.

Forgot about Dembele. 4-3-3 it is then, Sandro-Dembele-Sneijder, Dempsey-Adebayor-Bale

MPW

tumblr_lydkcrerpE1r2uh6go1_400.gif

K1LLER7

what happened to him this season? he was pretty good last season and now he's barely in the starting line up for man utd
Currently injured according to Fergie. Think he'll be gone in the summer or even January.

Crap form and attitude. Has one good game every 2 months. Apparently he's fallen out with Fergie and the coaches. Also, he supposedly had a argument with one of the United Youth players.

I think his contract is close to expiring, wants £130,000 a week or something similar. I read Zenit had a deal agreed with United, but his wage demands put them off with the deal.

Currently injured according to Fergie. Think he'll be gone in the summer or even January.

Crap form and attitude. Has one good game every 2 months. Apparently he's fallen out with Fergie and the coaches. Also, he supposedly had a argument with one of the United Youth players.

I think his contract is close to expiring, wants £130,000 a week or something similar. I read Zenit had a deal agreed with United, but his wage demands put them off with the deal.

We could use him right now. He's been shit this season, but he wasn't going to stay shit for that long.

Top Bottom