• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

GorillaJu

Evra was primarily at fault for that goal. De Gea is easy to scapegoat because he's young and not as commanding or consistent as the likes of VDS yet. But let's not forget VDS was playing with a world-class defence at their very peak. Not to say he wasn't a huge part of that back-line's immense stability, but I don't think the current lack of clean sheets should fall so heavily on De Gea's gloves. No matter how much the English media crave the expensive foreign flop story.

He's young, foreign and goofy looking. He was always going to get slaughtered, sadly.

K1LLER7

crap bench doesn't help. Cleverly for Scholes.

Teams have learnt, let the ball go to Valencia and just stand in front of him, he'll never cut in.. You'll get all your defenders back and he'll fail to beat the first man with a cross.

Valencia is pure utter shit. We should just sell him ffs. He was never good enough for us.

Don't know about that but this is the worst form I've ever seen him in. Close to Young's level of ineffectualness earlier in the season, except Valencia can only use one foot. And sometimes he literally stands still with no ideas. Or goes backwards.

Clegg

This is exactly like the Blackburn match from this time last year.

Playing at home, against a struggling side and we make a complete balls of it.

So well that he was completely invisible against Barca?

It's Barca. Not many players stood out.

Only Fabio and Rppmey stood out.

I'll take Young and Nani any day over Valencia.

Nani yes. Young? Hell no.

I bet you weren't saying you would take Young over Valencia last season when Valencia was better.

It's alright to say Valencia has been crap this season. That is a fact. There is no reason to dismiss his performances from the past few seasons.

Kyoufu

This is exactly like the Blackburn match from this time last year.

Playing at home, against a struggling side and we make a complete balls of it.

I can't be arsed to go back to a few days ago where I said this would happen.

I called it though. Then again we've never won there in the PL and you've never lost at Boxing Day. This shit ain't gonna happen.

Don't know about that but this is the worst form I've ever seen him in. Close to Young's level of ineffectualness earlier in the season, except Valencia can only use one foot. And sometimes he literally stands still with no ideas. Or goes backwards.

We pretty much need to replace our wingers at this point.

Kyoufu, watch a few highlights videos of Gerrard and you'll see why he still has such a reputation. Especially watch the game against Newcastle after England got beat by Croatia. He was a force back then.

Evra was primarily at fault for that goal. De Gea is easy to scapegoat because he's young and not as commanding or consistent as the likes of VDS yet. But let's not forget VDS was playing with a world-class defence at their very peak. Not to say he wasn't a huge part of that back-line's immense stability, but I don't think the current lack of clean sheets should fall so heavily on De Gea's gloves. No matter how much the English media crave the expensive foreign flop story.

Yeah he's not at fault in any way for the second goal. It's just that he sees mistakes unfolding in front of him and then when the ball goes into the back of the net he doesn't say anything. United keepers of the past would have been screaming at the left back for not closing down the player that crossed the ball.

Cleverley is the only player who can replace Giggs. On the wing. Where he lacks penetration and struggles without time on the ball. So who's going to replace Scholes? Fletcher? Or will the veterans go the full 90?

Yup, that bench is looking mighty weak right now.

Frogie pulled our pants halfway down with selection. This was not a game to rotate for.

West Brom on the weekend? Rotate against Newcastle!

ElyrionX

Yeah he's not at fault in any way for the second goal. It's just that he sees mistakes unfolding in front of him and then when the ball goes into the back of the net he doesn't say anything. United keepers of the past would have been screaming at the left back for not closing down the player that crossed the ball.

He's 21. Evra is 31 and captain of the team.

Kyoufu

Kyoufu, watch a few highlights videos of Gerrard and you'll see why he still has such a reputation. Especially watch the game against Newcastle after England got beat by Croatia. He was a force back then.

Will do after this game.

I think it was Cabaye who said he looks up to Gerrard.

Cleverley is the only player who can replace Giggs. On the wing. Where he lacks penetration and struggles without time on the ball. So who's going to replace Scholes? Fletcher? Or will the veterans go the full 90?

Yup, that bench is looking mighty weak right now.

West Brom on the weekend? Rotate against Newcastle!

I think Scholes has played better than Carrick today, but Scholes can't be relied on to play the full 90 because the defense will suffer from his lack of mobility.

GQman2121

Banned
Awesome Animals, you're in Ohio, right? Did you guys get a decent amount of snow? It's really starting to pickup here in Baltimore now. I'm scared I'm not going to want to go out and see Django later.

Top Bottom