• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Arnie

Also how the fuck did that second Newcastle goal stand?! :S if Cisse isn't interfering then I don't fucking know

Is he really, though? Evans goes down with his head in his hands because he knows it's just an own goal. The interference was negligible in determining that Evans would flap his boot at the ball to put it past De Gea. That's just Evans being a shithouse defensively, which should surprise nobody.

Kyoufu

Is he really, though? Evans goes down with his head in his hands because he knows it's just an own goal. The interference was negligible in determining that Evans would flap his boot at the ball to put it past De Gea. That's just Evans being a shithouse defensively, which should surprise nobody.

Going to gif Evans face when he knows it's an own goal then he sees the offside flag. It's hilarious.

Sadly it wouldn't shock me if this was the level of thought Dean employed in awarding the goal.

Rad-

Well looking at the replay he made that last second run at the ball when he realized Cisse was going for it. I don't blame the ref though, calls like that are very hard to make.

We have alternatives. We always do but Fergie is just too fucking stubborn. Last season, we had Pogba ffs.

We have THE Belgian GOAT.

It is time...

Januzaj.

Januzaj! My brother of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing you are, you are a lion! Do you know what's waiting beyond that bench? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_O68HUcHos

Salazar

Pipe down about defenders, Arnie.

You're probably one of those pissing numpties who think Agger is hard because he likes body art.

He's 21. Evra is 31 and captain of the team.

I don't think that should matter and I don't think Ferguson would want that to matter. That's my opinion anyway.

lol at Ferguson shouting at Mike Dean and the linesman. "What the fuck are we paying you for?". Other managers have been sent to the stands for that.

Actually, this might be the perfect time to release the nutter. Didn't Buttner use to play on the wing? Anything's better than the impostor wearing Antonio Valencia's shirt.

Awesome Animals, you're in Ohio, right? Did you guys get a decent amount of snow? It's really starting to pickup here in Baltimore now. I'm scared I'm not going to want to go out and see Django later.
We are just now starting to get snow and have a blizzard warning in effect until tomorrow night. It's coming down fast.

I've always been of the opinion that the defender played the ball/kicked into his net specifically due to the presence of the striker behind him. He's causing an influence on the play by his presence in an offside position. The defender likely wouldn't have touched it had Cisse not been right behind him to tuck into the goal if he didn't cut it out.

Sounds like it should be offside to me, but it has precedence of not being called.

Arnie

You shouldn't blame the ref, you should applaud him.

Making an amendment like that at Old Trafford against the home team, and a correct one, takes real balls. And he's right, as I'm sure the unanimous opinion will reflect, which might shock some of you United fans.

Pundit on this PAL stream has it correct, Ferguson making a fool out of himself, and some of yous are too.

Pipe down about defenders, Arnie.

You're probably one of those pissing numpties who think Agger is hard because he likes body art.

Numpty comment.

I know Agger's a better defender than Johnny Evans. You probably think otherwise, so I'll reverse the suggestion.

Yen

Making an amendment like that at Old Trafford against he home team, and a correct one, takes real balls. And he's right, as I'm sure the unanimous opinion will reflect, which might shock some of you United fans.
I guarantee you he never refs a United game ever again.

Wilbur

Banned

Making an amendment like that at Old Trafford against he home team, and a correct one, takes real balls. And he's right, as I'm sure the unanimous opinion will reflect, which might shock some of you United fans.

Pundit on this PAL stream has it correct, Ferguson making a fool out of himself, and some of yous are too.

Haven't seen what Ferguson's doing, but I would think that the reason Evans has done that is because he knows Cisse is pressuring, hence interfering with play.

He's an accident waiting to happen most of the time anyway, but I still think they should have ruled it out. Anyway, we're both biased so don't think we'll agree.

I've always been of the opinion that the defender played the ball/kicked into his net specifically due to the presence of the striker behind him. He's causing an influence on the play by his presence in an offside position. The defender likely wouldn't have touched it had Cisse not been right behind him to tuck into the goal if he didn't cut it out.

Sounds like it should be offside to me, but it has precedence of not being called.

That's a good point. I assumed it was just a freak deflection.

I guarantee you he never refs a United game ever again.

Did you hear that Clattenberg stat about him only reffing us twice in like 7 years? He was very good against Fulham I think, aside from booking Johnson for his first foul, an innocuous challenge for the ball on the sideline

Of course. Evans wouldn't have owngoaled if it wasn't for Cisse in an offside position. It's very clear, imho.

/welcome to footygaf(?)

Are Newcastle playing a diamond in midfield? I know Cisse had been wide right for a bit, but there always seems to be four in the middle and no one out left.

Wilbur

Banned
I love these reactions. I'm saying things that you guys don't like, and can't argue against, so I'm losing it.

It's not that we can't argue. In fact I'd say ours is better; we argue that Cisse is putting pressure on Evans and forcing him into that move. You're arguing Evans is so shit he would have done that anyway.

You're entitled to your opinion, however.

iP48VynMU3Kez.gif

Top Bottom