• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Lollll I missed that one.

I remember confuziz jizzing his knickers about City last year, but you're right. We have 45 points from half a season and apparently we're utter wank. We certainly aren't brilliant, but the salt

oh the salt

into my anus veins plz
We're defo not special, it's just the false equivocation which makes me laugh.

Wes

venison crêpe
Lambert out?

Nope. He adapted and got his tactics right after half time and we created a few chances but he's been let down by some fucking abysmal play by his team out there. The second goal is a complete joke. We need Vlaar back for at least some defensive experience in organisation. Then some actual quality in midfield. We are incredibly weak and without talent there.

FootballFan

Lollll I missed that one.

I remember confuziz jizzing his knickers about City last year, but you're right. We have 45 points from half a season and apparently we're utter wank. We certainly aren't brilliant, but the salt

oh the salt

into my anus veins plz

But that's natural isn't it? You would be happier seeing Atletico or Malaga win La Liga than Barca or Madrid too.

Doesn't mean you are salty. Just looking for something different.

dc89

I don't follow the moronic City fans on Twitter who called for Mancini's head after we got knocked out of the CL last year.

But some of the ones I do follow who are generally well grounded have said Mancini may be running out of time. What does GAF think?

Our bogey grounds are Sunderland, Everton and Stoke. He's yet to win at any of those grounds.

To be fair people haven't praised City to the heavens for last season... but Chelsea and Arsenal have had mucho praise when they've won in the past.
True.

Anyways, our football isn't amazing but at least our matches are exciting. Last two seasons were getting a bit too dull.

How amazing is RVP? I mean I knew he was great but he's better than I ever though he'd be. His touch and control of the ball is just magical.

Wilbur

Banned
But that's natural isn't it? You would be happier seeing Atletico or Malaga win La Liga than Barca or Madrid too.

Doesn't mean you are salty. Just looking for something different.

There's a difference between rathering someone else won the league and posts that imply that we don't deserve to be top.

I don't follow the moronic City fans on Twitter who called for Mancini's head after we got knocked out of the CL last year.

But some of the ones I do follow who are generally well grounded have said Mancini may be running out of time. What does GAF think?

Our bogey grounds are Sunderland, Everton and Stoke. He's yet to win at any of those grounds.

I think he needs to go. For how good City could potentially be, they need a top tier manager. Mancini's like third or fourth tier.

D_prOdigy

True.

Anyways, our football isn't amazing but at least our matches are exciting. Last two seasons were getting a bit too dull.

How amazing is RVP? I mean I knew he was great but he's better than I ever though he'd be. His touch and control of the ball is just magical.

I remember I kept hectoring on about how he was the last thing we needed and how I sort of wished he'd go to City and leech off their wage bill because it would be 'funny'.

Yeah.

Hixx

He needed a goal. He put on Joleon Lescott.

He's finished at City.

For how much you've spent he hasn't done a good enough job. You shouldn't be as far behind as you are now. Having said that, imagine how different things could be if RVP had not turned you down this summer.

Yen

A team with aspirations for Europe, never mind the league, could be doing do much better than Mancini.

Wilbur

Banned
True.

Yeah, we certainly have been in some exciting games. 48 goals already, and we must have let in near 30. Great stuff.

I completely agree with you over RVP, I'm completely eating crow over him. I thought we needed a good stocky midfielder to give us some muscle but our tactics seem to be out score everyone, and RVP's doing a nice job of helping :lol

But you're right, some of his passes and shimmies into space are magnificent. It's great watching him receive the ball out wide and watching where he takes the ball, how he keeps it, how he distributes it. Wonderful player.

dc89

To be fair to Mancini he has won 3 things in 3 seasons including the league. Not bad for a club which didn't win anything for 30 odd years. I forget the exact number seeing as the banner on the Stretford End is no longer there to remind me.

So yeah, he's achieved good things for the club. But I don't know if he can take us forward now.

But to be fair, our summer buys are mediocre save Nastasic. But United signed RVP and Chelsea, Hazard.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
12 goals conceded in 2 games for Villa. Feel for miniMON.

It's my birthday today. 21 but still a spoiled only child. <3 Trying to keep up with the games now since I doubt I'll have a chance to catch any of MOTD tonight.

Wilbur

Banned
To be fair to Mancini he has won 3 things in 3 seasons including the league. Not bad for a club which didn't win anything for 30 odd years. I forget the exact number seeing as the banner on the Stretford End is no longer there to remind me.

So yeah, he's achieved good things for the club. But I don't know if he can take us forward now.

But to be fair, our summer buys are mediocre save Nastasic. But United signed RVP and Chelsea, Hazard.

Your money won you those trophies. He's a competent manager given the opportunity of a lifetime.

Almost as big an achievement as when you had 32k in division 2.

In effect, that club doesn't exist anymore.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Great result and goals tonight but I just hope Dembele hasn't done his hip again. I suppose with Parker back it's not a disaster but we can't afford to lose our top players to injury. Too many have already missed the first half of the season.

FootballFan

Pretty odd that on the Guardians top 100 Xavi is ahead of Iniesta(3rd and 4th).

Surely in the last year Iniesta has been better. Xavi has slowed down a bit it seems.

Hixx

It's my birthday today. 21 but still a spoiled only child. <3 Trying to keep up with the games now since I doubt I'll have a chance to catch any of MOTD tonight.

happy birthday!

Great result and goals tonight but I just hope Dembele hasn't done his hip again. I suppose with Parker back it's not a disaster but we can't afford to lose our top players to injury. Too many have already missed the first half of the season.

lol Sandro and Parker midfield would see us slip down the table rapidly. Kyle Naughton was surprisingly good today, and Sigurdsson has played well coming off the bench recently.

I expect Liverpool to win today. Stoke can't defend as well as they have done for the rest of the season.

spidye

hey awesome. it's my birthday too.
congrats, birthday bro

Yen

158641666-luis-suarez-of-liverpool-in-action-during-gettyimages.jpg

Can someone avatar this for me?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Happy birthday dude.
3AQmK.gif

Top Bottom