• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Decided to listen to the entirety of The Joshua Tree.

One of the all time great records IMO.

Yeah, good album. They get far more flak than they should, its all retrospective. They've been shit for ages but people forget they've done some great shit.

Also lots of relistening to all my albums has made it definitive for me that Radiohead are the greatest band of all time.

Messi

If that is all you were interested in, that is pretty sad.

The reason I asked is because the content appealed to me, but I have no interest in looking at target renders. I will give the game another look when they have a proper trailer. I really liked Witcher 2.

Fintan

Decided to listen to the entirety of The Joshua Tree.

One of the all time great records IMO.

Is it bad that I've never really listened to much U2? Apart from the stuff that gets played on the radio.

Also, speaking of music, thanks to whoever mentioned Paul Simon in the thread a few weeks ago. Been listening to him since, and he's brilliant.

Linius

Yeah, good album. They get far more flak than they should, its all retrospective. They've been shit for ages but people forget they've done some great shit.

Also lots of relistening to all my albums has made it definitive for me that Radiohead are the greatest band of all time.

The only thing that Liverpool actually wins, having the best band of all time. The Beatles baby :D

Clegg

What's up with all these American celebrities doing ads for British companies?Kevin Bacon doing and Jennifer Aniston doing broadband ads.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it bad that I've never really listened to much U2? Apart from the stuff that gets played on the radio.

Also, speaking of music, thanks to whoever mentioned Paul Simon in the thread a few weeks ago. Been listening to him since, and he's brilliant.

Don't know if it was me, I don't think it was but I certainly would have if I was part of the conversation. Paul Simon is fucking great.

faridmon

They get far too little flak. Bono is the biggest shit ever taken and all their music is boring as fuck, so very overrated.

I agree. There have been a lot classics, but U2, aren't one of them. Also, the 90s sucked big time (except for few) so that didn't helped them very much.

Clegg

I never really liked U2 until I listened to their earlier stuff. A lot of their best stuff was never actually released as singles.

Linius

I agree. There have been a lot classics, but U2, aren't one of them. Also, the 90s sucked big time (except for few) so that didn't helped them very much.

U2 is not much of an nineties band. Their best work is from the eighties.

Top 5/10 for sure obvs. But man, Radiohead... RADIOHEAD

Every time I listen to In Rainbows I find a new favourite song.

In Rainbows is my favourite Radiohead album.

Wilbur

Banned
In Rainbows is my favourite Radiohead album.

GKQen.gif

Clegg

They only released three albums in the nineties.

Achtung Baby is regarded as one of the best albums of the decade. Zooropa is a fine record and Pop is a bit crap.

K1LLER7

He always does that, I can't believe how he missed that last shot in the match against West Ham. How can a professional footballer be so bad at shooting? I don't believe it.

I'm hoping with Nani being available again, it'll give Valencia a kick up the ass that he needs. He started to cross the ball with his left foot in the last game which I guess is a positive.

Linius

Most of their releases that are fawned upon are released during the 90s. No?

If they are mainly 80s bands, woof, they ain't got shit on that era. Too many good bands.

Their most important albums are War (1983), The Unforgettable Fire (1984), The Joshua Tree (1987) and Achtung Baby (1991). So pretty much eighties if you ask me. Not saying the rest is shit, but this is easily their best work.

faridmon

They only released three albums in the nineties.

Achtung Baby is regarded as one of the best albums of the decade. Zooropa is a fine record and Pop is a bit crap.

I did listen to few songs from Achtung baby and I though they lacked something. They weren't exciting, and thier later releases (from what I heard on Radio) were just poppy trash.

Clegg

Most of their releases that are fawned upon are released during the 90s. No?

If they are mainly 80s bands, woof, they ain't got shit on that era. Too many good bands.
This is a rather ignorant statement.

Their best work was done in the 80's.

That's why they were regarded so highly.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm hoping with Nani being available again, it'll give Valencia a kick up the ass that he needs. He started to cross the ball with his left foot in the last game which I guess is a positive.

Fuck, I laughed hard when he cut in and just golf swang at it with his left

Arnie

My FM just quit whilst saving and the save file corrupted.

Got to go back to an older backup, I've won Serie A but I have to win the Italian cup again. I'm devastated. Fuck technology.

Wilbur

Banned
I haven't seen it but the internet has run it into the gorunf to an extent that I could nevre enjoy it.
If I ever look like I'm posting drunk, I'm not. I'd be lying in bed, with the laptop on my chest, and the reason for my poor grammar/lack of capitalization or coherence is a mixture of not being able to see the keys, and (lesser so) my lanky arms that stop me from typing easily (when the laptop is on my chest).

#TheMoreYouKnow

#TheMoreIKnow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom