• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

I'm glad L1NETT is still around.
3AQmK.gif

Do you follow a team in the PL?

My family are United fans (from around there) so I also cheer for whoever is playing them ;-)

Bradford through and through me. One man, one team.

ShogunX

It's going to happen, and it will be glorious.

Talking of glorious did you watch the next gen match yesterday? Honestly think we have a few gems on our hands in that side. I said a week or two ago that Ibe looked very impressive and he looked very good last night - He could have a similar rise to Sterling if he carries on.

The way it should be. Good man.

Arnie

My family are United fans (from around there) so I also cheer for whoever is playing them ;-)

I like you.

Talking of glorious did you watch the next gen match yesterday? Honestly think we have a few gems on our hands in that side. I said a week or two ago that Ibe looked very impressive and he looked very good last night - He could have a similar rise to Sterling if he carries on.

I did, we played ridiculously well.

My favourite of the bunch is McLaughlin. At his age he's technically awesome, and going forwards he's comfortable. He said in his post match interview that Inglethorpe asked the fullbacks to play higher up, like the first team (although we've done this much more in the reserves since summer), and he excelled there. He's a constant outlet because he's able to command possession, and he can move with the ball.

Ibe and Sinclair were also really good. Ibe was just turning people and burning them, forcing the Inter players to pull his shirt and whatnot, was close to showboating at times. Impressed with Yesil, too. Not seen much of him but he arrived with great expectations, and his movement and composure was first class. Inglethorpe glowed about him afterwards, said he's looked outstanding in training (I know I vented at comments akin to this, yesterday, so I'm a hypocrite).

faridmon

I know a guy who supports Celtic, Arsenal, Inter and Madrid. I don't care that they're all in different leagues. That to me is crazy.

Shit like this exist in Norway. There is a fine line between supporting teams and liking them. GloryHunters, the lot of them.

Evereton Through and through here
with a zist of Vålerenga

Shit like this exist in Norway. There is a fine line between supporting teams and liking them. GloryHunters, the lot of them.

Evereton Through and through here
with a zist of Vålerenga
I get following local teams and then supporting like a big English team. For example, my local team would be lucky to get a couple of hundred out every week. Northern Irish football is just muck, so most people have an English team as their main team. But supporting a team in each league, particularly when those teams can potentially meet in Europe, is daft.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Official XI leaked apparently (wut): Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Marrone, Giaccherini, Isla, Giovinco, Matri

Buffon in Coppa Italia?
And Isla on LWB.. interesting.

Edit: Nope, Storari!

TrueBlue

I get following local teams and then supporting like a big English team. For example, my local team would be lucky to get a couple of hundred out every week. Northern Irish football is just muck, so most people have an English team as they're main team. But supporting a team in each league, particularly when those teams can potentially meet in Europe, is daft.

I keep an interest as to how Crawley Town do, and have been to a few games. I wouldn't call myself a supporter though. Chelsea has my heart.

Apparently, we've bought half Saponara, youngster who plays in Serie B, at Empoli. I haven't been following the league at all, so I don't know anything about him, but a lot of people, even other teams supporters, says that it's a promising player, who need to grow a little to show his full potential. It seems like Inter, Juve and Liverpool were after him, but we reached an agreement with Empoli in a couple of hours: he'll continue playing with them, then next June he'll come to Milanello while Galliani will discuss his other half with Parma.

It's all good and everything, but we kinda need somebody else right NOW, Galliani. I don't know, a striker, a midfielder and a defender, to begin with.

sixghost

If Fellaini goes, it needs to be soon. As long as Moyes has time to spend the money in January, Everton should be fine. The smartest course of action would probably be to sign a player or two, make a real run at the CL, then sell Fellaini in the summer if they miss out. Although Moyes might not even be at the club then, so this might be a blessing in disguise, getting one last set of players bought by him before he goes.

Is there anything more to this than rumors in the paper? They were wrong about Baines leaving.

FootballFan

1, 2, 10, 14, 15, 69

These numbers represent the only minutes that Messi has failed to score in 2012. My goodness.

Wow. :eek:

Pep ignores Ronaldo at FIFA Ballon D'or reception

Link

Did Ronaldo ever do something to him? I've been feeling kind of sorry for Ronaldo lately.

EDIT: The hell Casillas voting for Ramos over Ronaldo.

Pep doesn't forget.

OFFICIAL: Napoli sign Pablo Armero

OVERRATED, sorry Andres :)

Armero! Yay more extremely fast players in Napoli for fifa 13.

FootballFan

Yeah, that was just unfair on Ronaldo. Pep acting like an asshole there.

Well you can't see the whole thing.

People are saying they already had greeted each other and Ronaldo hit Pep's shoulder with his leg while walking and tapped him on the back to apologise for the accident.

I'm with big Ron on this one. Pep was acting the cock.

He regretted it though. It should've ended there and then.

There was no reason for the whole Barça team to gang on him, but I understand it. Valdez is still a major cunt though, I wish somebody had clocked that son of a bitch.

I very much doubt that Pep/Ronaldo push incident had anything to do with Pep's snub anyway.

That was because when Pep and Ronaldo come to United in the summer, they don't want to leave any trace of evidence for claims of tapping up to be made against them.

It'll unravel itself soon enough.

Edit: Also, :lol at the barca shrimps squaring up to him. Good luck with that.
I love the way Ronaldo flicks his shoulder and Perdo goes stumbling backwards. Diving little shit.

Hixx

Edit: Also, :lol at the barca shrimps squaring up to him. Good luck with that.

Ronaldo is like a foot taller than all of them and bit like a brick shithouse in comparison, if it wasn't on the pitch not a single one of them would've gone up to him

Fuck Barca

FootballFan

Pep was an asshole first, fact. Watch it again.

Yeah but how many people have you seen throw the ball away like that? Happens literally every close game in every league. Though the resulting push doesn't.

Here for example Abate kicks the ball away so Madrid don't get a quick throw in, Ronaldo ends up diving but it's pretty much the same scenario.

Did people complain about Abate kicking the ball down the line? Nope, they complain about Ronaldo's reaction, because that is clearly the dumber of the 2 actions.

To be clear, the "Pep never forgets" was just a joke, though after being quoted 4 times I think it was taken seriously.

And you guys have to understand, my blaugrana goggles are on all the time, so my judgement on these sort of incidents will be blinded by Pep-love.

Sporting finally won a game, of course it wasn´t worth anything because we were already out of the League Cup but at least the anti-football played by Paços won´t be rewarded and they are out of the semi-finals, Rio Ave end on top of the group thanks to Bebe´s goal.

Linius

Have to decide if I wanna see The Hobbit or Life of Pi at the cinema. Guess I'm going for The Hobbit because of this HFR thing, can't experience that at home with a blu-ray.

Haha, yep. I like him as an actor, but I've seen him too many times on TV now.

Only know him from Homeland and now Justified :p

But the pilot in general was great. Raylan being awesome as allways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom