• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
Meh, that very light shove/tap wasn't unprovoked, Pep should've just handed the ball instead of toying with him like a child when he had his arm up asking for it. Him playing the innocent victim after it and during the interview just encompasses why I hated that Barcelona so much.

This.

No matter of any incident that happens, the Barcelona organization and fans get to twist it to its favor and it's amazing how the media still fall for it.

Yeah but how many people have you seen throw the ball away like that? Happens literally every close game in every league. Though the resulting push doesn't.

Here for example Abate kicks the ball away so Madrid don't get a quick throw in, Ronaldo ends up diving but it's pretty much the same scenario.

Did people complain about Abate kicking the ball down the line? Nope, they complain about Ronaldo's reaction, because that is clearly the dumber of the 2 actions.

To be clear, the "Pep never forgets" was just a joke, though after being quoted 4 times I think it was taken seriously.

And you guys have to understand, my blaugrana goggles are on all the time, so my judgement on these sort of incidents will be blinded by Pep-love.

Isn't Abate a player? What does that have to do with anything?

And that incident has nothing to do with the one we are talking about. Pep should've taken the higher ground, like he does on camera. But he didn't did he?

It's Barça - Madrid in a game that was already boiling on hot water before it even started. He was a dick. Xabi's attitude towards him and Pep's plea for forgiveness settled the case. Fuck even Puoyl had that "blame" look on him.

Rio Ave have won.

Bebe has won the 3 points for them.

tumblr_layabirSp91qzmc3p.gif

Hixx

You don't want Graham hixx?

Think he'd be perfect foil for Fletch.

I don't see the point. If Sess isn't playing we have Wickham.

The only way I can see the logic is if Campbell is leaving but then, for me, that just means Graham is leaving one bench for another. That would be an upgrade but I can't see why he'd do it from his point of view.

edit: he is on the bench! Fucking idiots giving out false team news.

Phew.

Rumour time.

Wesley Sneijder held talks with Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City this week as his agent tries to secure him a move to the Premierleague.

So now we know why Sneijder voted for RVP in the Balon d'Or.

I fucking hate train stations when the football is on.
I hate train stations any time a train is about.

Hixx

Rumour time.

Wesley Sneijder held talks with Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City this week as his agent tries to secure him a move to the Premierleague.

Will sign for Galatasaray for dat turkey money

Wilbur

Banned
If we went for Sneijder now I'd be massively disappointed in us, having bought Shinji.

Had my first Nandos training day today, free chicken for lunch yum but I've got the worst fucking training schedule ever. One of the days requires me being up at 6:30 to be in uni for 9:00, then finishing one lecture at 12, getting an hour break and then another lecture from 1:00 until 3:00, then rushing to the train station, catching two trains to get to the restaurant for 5:00, finishing at 11:45, getting home for around 2 in the morning, then back up at half 6 to be at the restaurant again at 9:00

fuck life

Fry

Hmm not sure I agree with this one. Their midfield is crying out for a player of his ilk.

However, I don't think he is a 200k a week player.

But they need a CM, he can't play there, only attacking positions, where they are filled with players.

If we went for Sneijder now I'd be massively disappointed in us, having bought Shinji.

Had my first Nandos training day today, free chicken for lunch yum but I've got the worst fucking training schedule ever. One of the days requires me being up at 6:30 to be in uni for 9:00, then finishing one lecture at 12, getting an hour break and then another lecture from 1:00 until 3:00, then rushing to the train station, catching two trains to get to the restaurant for 5:00, finishing at 11:45, getting home for around 2 in the morning, then back up at half 6 to be at the restaurant again at 9:00

fuck life
Just how far do you live from the branch?

Wilbur

Banned
Lol

Since when is Sneijders class denied? Every team could use Sneijder.

Nope. Not on his wages when we have a younger and better alternative in his position.

Sneijder's overrated. One amazing season, wasted talent if you ask me. I ain't even half-trolling like I did with RVP. Never been consistently good.

Linius

Can he play CM? If so, disregard what I said. In my head, he can only play CAM and I don't even think United are using one these days.

At Ajax he played CM and CAM. It's not like he's only a number ten. Give him a free role in the midfield and you'll see what happens. Just don't let him play in some defending role. At the Dutch squad he's playmaker most of the time.

Nope. Not on his wages when we have a younger and better alternative in his position.

Sneijder's overrated. One amazing season, wasted talent if you ask me. I ain't even half-trolling like I did with RVP. Never been consistently good.

That's more Inter's downfall than Sneijders fault. When you have him at United you'll be saying the same as you do now about RVP. No doubt.

Fry

At Ajax he played CM and CAM. It's not like he's only a number ten. Give him a free role in the midfield and you'll see what happens. Just don't let him play in some defending role. At the Dutch squad he's playmaker most of the time.

I just want him at Liverpool goddammit! lol

Wilbur

Banned
Just how far do you live from the branch?

Right now it would take me an hour and a half from door to door, but it's a ten minute walk from my uni so no different a journey that I make every day. I'm aiming to live out for my final year in the area though, so it'll be convenient for that; its just that because the new restaurant (Teddington) doesn't open until the end of the month, I'm doing my training in a different branch which is a tad harder to get to.

Zabojnik

OFFICIAL: Napoli sign Pablo Armero

OVERRATED, sorry Andres :)

Someone should post the gif where he trips over every time his name is mentioned.

Apparently, we've bought half Saponara, youngster who plays in Serie B, at Empoli. I haven't been following the league at all, so I don't know anything about him, but a lot of people, even other teams supporters, says that it's a promising player, who need to grow a little to show his full potential. It seems like Inter, Juve and Liverpool were after him, but we reached an agreement with Empoli in a couple of hours: he'll continue playing with them, then next June he'll come to Milanello while Galliani will discuss his other half with Parma.

It's all good and everything, but we kinda need somebody else right NOW, Galliani. I don't know, a striker, a midfielder and a defender, to begin with.

Great, great signing. I posted a couple of videos of him in OT10, urging Marry to snatch him before anybody else does. Sigh. The next Kaka!
Not really, but still.

Juve - Milan in 15mins. My body isn't ready at all.

Clegg

Sign Sneijder.

Then we'll have him, RVP and Buttner.

Strootz will then want to be part of out Dutch revolution.

If we could sign him for the £7m/£8m being rumoured and he took a big pay cut, I would still have him just to see where we get with him playing in CM. Cleverley, Scholes, Anderson...he'd be better than them I think.

There are obv doubts about his ability to play that position though.

This is on the basis he takes a major pay cut though, he earns 100k+ at Inter and I don't think he will be prepared to do that.

I don't think Fergie would have him anymore anyways.

Rumour time.

And the source is?
Only rumour here is that Galatasaray wants him but he's not sure since he prefers to play in England. No PL club made any offer for now.
In turkey, however, they're saying that what is reported in Italy is false and he can't wait to go there and bla bla bla but i'm not sure if i believe this lol.

Wilbur

Banned
That's more Inter's downfall than Sneijders fault. When you have him at United you'll be saying the same as you do now about RVP. No doubt.

And then I'll be lamenting the fact we're still soft in the centre of midfield and Kagawa isn't getting any game time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
And the source is?
Only rumour here is that Galatasaray wants him but he's not sure since he prefers to play in England. No PL club made any offer for now.
In turkey, however, they're saying that what is reported in Italy is false and he can't wait to go there and bla bla bla but i'm not sure if i believe this lol.

Usually their source is Gazzetta and co.

Tell them adriano...TELL THEM

Linius

Sign Sneijder.

Then we'll have him, RVP and Buttner.

Strootz will then want to be part of out Dutch revolution.

I only want you guys to buy Strootman this transfer periode to fuck off PSV. Do it united.

I can't remember the last time I saw Sneijder touching a ball.

He's benched because of all this contract nonsense. I need him to play at a good club asap. We need the best Sneijder we can get to win the WC 2014. BELIEVE

And the source is?
It's just a random internet rumour.

No legitimate or reputable source.

Just mentioned it for the lols and discussion.

kharma45

If we could sign him for the £7m/£8m being rumoured and he took a big pay cut, I would still have him just to see where we get with him playing in CM. Cleverley, Scholes, Anderson...he'd be better than them I think.

There are obv doubts about his ability to play that position though.

This is on the basis he takes a major pay cut though, he earns 100k+ at Inter and I don't think he will be prepared to do that.

I don't think Fergie would have him anymore anyways.

Yeah a fee like that and reasonable wages I'd still happily take him, can't say no to class whatever the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom