• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

But a Liverpool fan calling Man United fans glory hunters is hilarious.

Liverpool were dominant in previous decades and if they were not you'd be a fucking Everton fan you fucking fucks.

Even Michael Owen chose the non-glory club to support and you have the fucking audacity to talk down to a Man United fan.

3Sixty

Arsenal fans laughing at United for spending 15m on a championship winger is even funnier when you consider Arsenal spent 15m for a League 1 winger.

The difference between United and Liverpool is that United can afford to have a bad signing or two because unlike Liverpool they're not currently mired in mediocrity.

Wilbur

Banned
Anyway, I'm not as informed as a few in here, but I've probably seen Zaha and Ince play five times each this season and I'd say Zaha is marginally better. Both exciting talents, neither worth £15m

Arnie

Anyway, I'm not as informed as a few in here, but I've probably seen Zaha and Ince play five times each this season and I'd say Zaha is marginally better. Both exciting talents, neither worth £15m
Nope, Wilbury, nope.

Ooooops, Kyoufu talking about glory. Did you start supporting Newcastle last season or when they finished second? Your story changes every week.

Bo-Locks

Would Ramsey be a better player now if he went to United instead of Arsenal?

Depends. He would be playing with better players, but probably wouldn't get anywhere near as much first team action. He probably wouldn't even make it into the United squad tbh.

He chose Arsenal over United because Fergie wanted to loan him back to Cardiff, but Arsenal were prepared to fast track him into the squad. That should tell you all you need to know about his mental approach. He was willing to go to a vastly inferior club with much reduced chances of winning trophies, all because he couldn't stomach the fight in a big time club. So probably not.

Dwingvatt

Banned
But a Liverpool fan calling Man United fans glory hunters is hilarious.

Liverpool were dominant in previous decades and if they were not you'd be a fucking Everton fan you fucking fucks.

Even Michael Owen chose the non-glory club to support and you have the fucking audacity to talk down to a Man United fan.

LOL I just turned 30 years old back in November and I've been a Liverpool fan since I was 14 years old. So how am I being a glory hunter?

My parents, older brother and younger sister are United fans. I'm originally from Manchester.

Maybe you should fucking shut your mouth, Newcastle fan.

Wilbur

Banned
Nope, Wilbury, nope.

Ooooops, Kyoufu talking about glory. Did you start supporting Newcastle last season or when they finished second? Your story changes every week.

Well like I say I'm not as well informed as some, but from the viewing I've had, that's my opinion

But who said Zaha was the next Bale?

Arnie

LOL I just turned 30 years old back in November and I've been a Liverpool fan since I was 14 years old. So how am I being a glory hunter?

My parents, older brother and younger sister are United fans. I'm originally from Manchester.
Glory avoider.

Brave.

Bold.

Kyoufu

You bring shame to your famiry.

Salazar

The best thing about glory is that it was Liverpool's great excuse for why everyone hated them.

Now they are shit, it's the media's fault.

Wilbur

Banned

30 years old, born in 1982. Formative years include:

League titles in 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90
FA Cups in 1986, 1989
League cups in 1982, 1983, 1984
Community shields in 1982, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990
European cups in 1984

Despite saying he was 14 when he pledged allegiance to the Liverbird, he looks upon this recent history and in a one two punch of acting out against his family in teenage impetuosity and assuming that once mighty Liverpool would become mighty again and sign the Welsh Xavi and White Zaha down the line, he goes for Liverpool.

The failed life of a glory hunter.

Linius

pOk.gif

Watching this English flame war from the sideline. Carry on boys.

Arnie

Got an exam now, trying to compose myself but I've got an image of Salazar messaging CSKAforever on YouTube for his honest assessment of Wilfried.

Dwingvatt

Banned

FA Cups in 1986, 1989
European cups in 1984

Despite saying he was 14 when he pledged allegiance to the Liverbird, he looks upon this recent history and in a one two punch of acting out against his family in teenage impetuosity and assuming that once mighty Liverpool would become mighty again and sign the Welsh Xavi and White Zaha down the line, he goes for Liverpool.

I must admit, I laughed at this.

Kyoufu

FA Cups in 1986, 1989
European cups in 1984

I love you.

K1LLER7

Zaha might not even move to United lol. 15m is a gamble on him. The same could've been said about when we got Ronaldo for 12m. If he turns out as a good player at United then he was worth it.

3Sixty

FA Cups in 1986, 1989
European cups in 1984

Yeah, well, how many Johnston Paint Trophies do they have in that time.

Linius

Omg, I feel so stupid. I just found out there's a multi quote option. I always opened extra windows to copy and paste all your bullshit in.

qindarka

Banned
Exactly my line yesterday.

Let's not ostracise any juniors or new football followers though. Fresh voices and debate in here is always a positive thing.

Remembered some of the first things I did here was to get into really stupid arguments about John Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom