• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

"@mattspiro: Toulouse confirm Moussa Sissoko can leave for €3.5m (contract up in summer). Hasn't lived up to 'new Essien' tag, but that's a real bargain"

confuziz

Banned
It's also 'swag' in dutch?
3AQmK.gif

No. We steal words from every language =P

Arnie

"@mattspiro: Toulouse confirm Moussa Sissoko can leave for €3.5m (contract up in summer). Hasn't lived up to 'new Essien' tag, but that's a real bargain"

Newcastle are getting him, aren't they?

Not going to pretend to know a lot about him, but as a general rule Sissoko's are boss.

3Sixty

I posted about Sissoko on a saints forum and was told

You obviously haven't had the dubious pleasure of seeing him this season then. A right lazy sod, gives up easily and doesn't tackle any more. No doubt just running down his contract on the way out. Bad attitude, that's nothing new though.

Perfect for Newcastle.

Chelsea Youth ‏@chelseayouth
This is both remarkable and desperate. RT @zyon_94: 5 home games with benitez, we haven't scored in 4 of them

Benitez has now lost as many games this season as Roberto Di Matteo did. In far fewer games of course.

Chelsea sacked Di Matteo when they were four points off the top of the table. Now find ourselves 14 off the top. #rightdirection.

Fact.

This is both remarkable and desperate. RT @zyon_94: 5 home games with benitez, we haven't scored in 4 of them

Benitez has now lost as many games this season as Roberto Di Matteo did. In far fewer games of course.

Chelsea sacked Di Matteo when they were four points off the top of the table. Now find ourselves 14 off the top. #rightdirection.

Fact.

#genius #worldclass #rafain

Hixx

Fact.

#tacticalgenius

fuck you laboured

Spurs are in for everyone, that's a given.

I think he is, just because Pep's on the market.

How many chances should a manager with unlimited funds get to breach a European group stage? It's woeful, to be frank.
If they retain the title I think he will stay.

Of course, at the moment they are some way back so work to be done on that front.

Zabojnik

We signed (or are about to) the new Nedved. That's what they say in Czech Republic at least. Roman Maček, 1997, right winger. Maček (Cat) is an awesome name.

Macek_5-560x463.jpg

He had a trial run at Arsenal too, but apparently he fell in love with Torino and had Nedved convince him to come join us.

635_5.jpg

Not good enough for Arsenal? :/ Well, at least we keep signing them, sooner or later we're bound to strike gold.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^
^
No, but there was a couple in the Euro thread!

He had a trial run at Arsenal too, but apparently he fell in love with Torino and had Nedved convince him to come join us.
He spoke to both Nedved and Tomáš Rosický.
3AQmK.gif

Almost as silly as RVP asking Edwin van der Sar about his time with United and Juve.

Whelan

Banned
AVB has just said it's extremely likely that we are going to sign Damiao.

Must be nearly done for him to say that!

Edit -Sounds like it was a typo and should read "unlikely"

:(

So looks like we're close to getting Abate from Milan for 12 milliion. Spalletti I know you love your Italians but have you forgotten about the foreigner limit? Are you just going to run with the Russian version of Giggs and Scholes in midfield( Zyryanov who is 35 and Semak who's 36)?
Anyukov is more than a serviceable RB, spend that money where we actually have a need, like replacing Bruno Fucking Alves.

So looks like we're close to getting Abate from Milan for 12 milliion. Spalletti I know you love your Italians but have you forgotten about the foreigner limit? Are you just going to run with the Russian version of Giggs and Scholes in midfield( Zyryanov who is 35 and Semak who's 36)?
Anyukov is more than a serviceable RB, spend that money where we actually have a need, like replacing Bruno Fucking Alves.

Galliani asked for 15M today.

Galliani asked for 15M today.

And we bumped our offer from 10 to 12. Or so my trusted(lol) Russian sources say. I don't particularly care about the money. Not my money and 3 million don't mean shit to Gazprom anyway. Although I still don't approve of using government money to fund a football club.

I like the fact that name Timerda has penetrated even BPL GAF. My only true impact on GAF.

Miccoli to Torino? Not an upgrade for him. Palermo is relegation threatened as with Torino. And, all things being equal, he continues to play for the team he says he loves so much.

Montella has balls to promote Neto over fan favourite Viviano. But the evidence is on the field. They're a better team because of Montella and his signings.

Caceres proved last night that taking Peluso on loan was unnecessary.
& Zab

Except if we get a suspension or injury for Barzagli or Bonucci. We needed someone to replace Lucio, and Peluso does that. And given our schedule over the next two weeks? He'll play two games. But yes, I think Caceres has cemented his place over Peluso in the pecking order given the performance in each of the matches they played. Mind, Peluso wasn't bad but he just didn't have the urgency that Caceres had. Caceres, in the last chance against Milan, threw his body at the the Milan attacker who otherwise would've had a free, albeit tight angle, shot--but then, we saw against Sampdoria that angles sometimes don't matter. Even on the goal, Caceres threw his body at the El Shaarawy shot.

pulga

Banned
Caceres is great, I really don't get why Cunte doesn't rate him as much. Plus the man can score some wonder goals.

pulga

Banned
So Gareth Bale tweeted he thinks Ronaldo is the best player in the world right now. Florentino activating our Spurs partnership, I see. Bring him in!

Also, Ramos might get a five game suspension for insulting the ref after he got sent off.

Zabojnik

Caceres is great, I really don't get why Cunte doesn't rate him as much. Plus the man can score some wonder goals.

I'm not even sure that he doesn't rate him as much, it's just ... He's found his starting XI and he's sticking with it.

Regarding Isla ... I know everybody expected much more from him from the get go, but I think it's pretty obvious he hasn't recovered from his injury yet. You can clearly see that he's not pushing it. He's the timid copy of the player he was at Udinese. Knee injuries are a bitch. Hopefully he'll starting feeling like himself in the following months.

faridmon

Lol at Benitez. Tactical genius my ass. But I guess that what happens when you have worshipers.

Fellaini is still at Everton.... Good... for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom