• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Timurid

Yes he has, when he came in here at first all he did was talk about Toro. Now he barely mentions them :lol

I mentioned toro last sunday when I was watching the Pescara game silly.

Plus, half the stuff i mentioned about toro usually gets ignored anyway so what's the point of posting it.

Here is your Toro news!!!

We sold Sansone to Samp last week. We got an 19 year old Belgian winger on loan today and I believe that we setup a future fee for him. Also, Rubentus tried to picked our youth off, but they love TORO and said fuck no.

Salazar

Same age, attacking, spunky, both new to the league, both on the cusp of their respective international sides.

Oh please. This is on an intellectual par with

oi wunner iffen he's worf seven Michooos put togivver

You know why we paid out for Zaha.

arkon

No need to wonder. 7 Michus would get you ~90 goals at this stage of the season. No way is Zaha matching that, not even Messi could.

pulga

Banned
lol, american tv is funnaaay. There's a segment dedicated to guessing which butt in lingerie/bikini belongs to which actress/singer.

Salazar

Disclosure:
My response to the sudden and extreme violence in the living room around that stage of Twin Peaks was laughter. Weird nervous reaction.

pulga

Banned
I can't believe that Gaffer made $350 bucks by posting a reaction video to using a bidet for the first time.

Inversive

Oh please. This is on an intellectual par with

oi wunner iffen he's worf seven Michooos put togivver

You know why we paid out for Zaha.

Why did we pay so much for a championship winger? Surely the money could have went on a quality and proven player. COUGH MIDFIELD COUGH. :(((
It's a pretty bizarre signing imo, could have spent 15m more wisely.

pulga

Banned
Why did we pay so much for a championship winger? Surely the money could have went on a quality and proven player. COUGH MIDFIELD COUGH. :(((

Because Fergie gonna Fergie

Every United fan probably said the same about Ronaldo

pulga

Banned
Im sorry fry, I had to post again in your thread when I finished catching up

Thank you for making my day <3

Edit: What the fuck 15 minutes without posts.

pulga

Banned
aaaaand we have the Central American classic on our hands!

530711_10151240480982169_1888594239_n.jpg

Can't wait to go to the stadium and be thrown empty cups at and verbally abused!

I'm just contemplating Zaha being the next Ronaldo.

Is your dick limp, half mast or full mast?

|OT13| Stadium of Bees

not enough EPL in the title, will get changed

GQman2121

Banned

You need to stop carrying/worrying about the money end of things. Just be thankful that you're spending monies period and bringing new talent in. It's always a gamble when you pay any amount of money on young players, but he's English, has shown flashing of brilliance, so just fucking hope for the best.

old classic, we even had a WAR over a WC qualifier.
I was looking up the Honduras national team squad and saw that Carlos Costly is playing in Europe? lolwut? He seemed pretty shit when he last played here (in Atlas if i recall)

edit: Holy shit, Carlos Pavon still plays football?

pulga

Banned
I was looking up the Honduras national team squad and saw that Carlos Costly is playing in Europe? lolwut? He seemed pretty shit when he last played here (in Atlas if i recall)

edit: Holy shit, Carlos Pavon still plays football?

He is, he recently scored 3 goals in 2 games...after a year of not scoring anything.

Salazar

Why did we pay so much for a championship winger?

We paid what we did because he is, to a measure approaching consensus, Palace's best player. I realise that they're Palace, and they're Championship, but the principle extends across football: you ask top price for your best player.

Also, they want to keep him for the rest of the season. If he went in summer, there would be more competition for him. Guaranteed. Clubs wouldn't have the "oh, it's January - not getting involved" excuse, and would, generally speaking, have more money freed up. Getting him now means going in ahead of all that Banned Paper garbage and squabbling, real and imagined, with clubs like Arsenal and Spurs and whoever else wants a pop, or can be represented as wanting a piece of him. You pay for that.

Surely the money could have went on a quality and proven player.

Aye, but wide youngsters wiv potential is something we simply and absolutely don't have. As far as I can tell, there is utterly fuck-all in the reserves and academy to interest us on that front for a long while. Fuck putting central playmaker types and strikers out there on anything more than an emergency basis. And yeah, it could be suggested that we should have picked a CL experienced winger up from someone for somewhere around 15-20m, but any club with a molecule of transfer market nous is going to take that opportunity to bum you and your poor old January wallet to death over it. Take the way we got supposedly stitched up over Zaha and replicate it, but with a starting point of 15m, rather than a conclusion.

It's not something I would have predicted (I thought Zaha was nailed on for Arsenal, but it turns out Wenger is an utter baby), but it's not absurd. I mean, the RAWK line is "how dare Frogie call Sturridge a managerial risk when he has gone and spent big on a Championship prospect ?" Well, Sturridge has got to score goals consistently for Liverpool (tbf, he looks like doing so) or else not only is he useless but the team as a whole (until they get to the next window) is relying on Suarez and lol Borini and a pack of foetuses to get them wins. Zaha, media bollocks aside, has a more generous window of adequate achievement - United will manage without him setting the world on fire right away.

shortyme

Aye, but wide youngsters wiv potential is something we simply and absolutely don't have. As far as I can tell, there is utterly fuck-all in the reserves and academy to interest us on that front for a long while.

You've always been one of my favourites. You make sense.

Salazar

Or were never in for him in the first play as Wenger and reliable Arsenal sources have said. I'll take that over Football "journalists".

What with the journalists saying Arsenal were making bids to Palace, the relationship between Arsenal and Palace, the way Arsenal reportedly scouted the boy like mad, Wenger's status as a deluded nutter when it comes to transfers - nar. I'll believe that Arsenal backed out, but Wenger trying for some reason to cover his tracks completely is just silly.

Salvadora

What with the journalists saying Arsenal were making bids to Palace, the relationship between Arsenal and Palace, the way Arsenal reportedly scouted the boy like mad, Wenger's status as a deluded nutter when it comes to transfers - nar. I'll believe that Arsenal backed out, but Wenger trying for some reason to cover his tracks completely is just silly.
Probable bullshit? I think it would be more surprising if Arsenal didn't scout him and :lol at the reported bids. Arsene may have been interested at one stage but I simply don't believe it was anything more than that.

Top Bottom