• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Few of the England Saxons rugby team players and backroom staff are in around my shop at the mo, tried talking to one of the backroom staff and he just gave me shit for not being able to give him a discount for bulk buying water! Some people...

bjaelke

Go to fucking Switzerland or some shit and run about drinking crystal clear mountain water, don't fly half way around the world for little benefit.

Still have a friendly against Brøndby to play at some time. LFC agreed to visit as part of the Agger transfer and Brøndby could really use some money...a lot of money to be frank. Right now.

I've not watched much of it, but Soccer AM seems like an experience on a par with that fuckawful arm injury top of the page.

Yep it's fucking terrible these days

It used to be legit funny about 10 years ago, I'm working overtime from home today so got it on in the background

Holy shit, it's fat Lionel Messi :lol

marko-jaric-55-nba.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A poll for Tuttosport found well over 70 per cent of Juventini against the signing of Anelka.
La Stampa: 84%
Gazzetta: 76%

Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Anelka is virtually a Juventus player, but doesn't exclude the transfer of Lisandro Lopez.

Marotta is trying to do something here, but I can't wrap my head around it.

CONTE SAY SOMETHING

GorillaJu

25 Jan 2013 23:23:55

It looks like Coutinho is done and as i said early Ince himself believes the deal is pretty much done..

Hope the info turns out to be correct..

Also by all accounts Coates has no future at the club and maybe a centre half will be signed..

Cheers

Macca

Did I miss this? Didn't see it posted already. Good news and bad (about Coates)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sinclair and Rodwell on the bench for City today. Can't even get a start in a cup game.

Salazar

Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Garcia, Barry, Milner, Tevez, Silva, Dzeko

They must be afraid that Owen will come on

Feorax

That's good news, can't explain the Coates one. Maybe he's just not agile enough, I'm not sure, either way the people inside the club know better than us.

Suppose it does tie in with the reports we're looking to buy Ashley Williams in the summer. Williams has impressed me this season so far, despite the whole Suarez controversy earlier on. Wouldn't mind seeing that get done.

Arnie

Suppose it does tie in with the reports we're looking to buy Ashley Williams in the summer. Williams has impressed me this season so far, despite the whole Suarez controversy earlier on. Wouldn't mind seeing that get done.

Williams is decent, would definitely be pleased with a transfer.

GorillaJu

Ashley Williams is a bit too old, no? We have two center backs around that age. If we are looking for a new CB, someone around 23-25 would be just the right age for us. Otherwise go for a top class young'n to directly replace Coates, such as De Vrij.

GorillaJu

Born 1984, same as both Agger and Skrtel. Yeah, I think he's a really good defender, but I'd rather we went for an up and comer like De Vrij, or a 24-25 year old who can fill the gap between Dagger/Skrts and Wisdom/Kelly

bjaelke

Born 1984, same as both Agger and Skrtel. Yeah, I think he's a really good defender, but I'd rather we went for an up and comer like De Vrij, or a 24-25 year old who can fill the gap between Dagger/Skrts and Wisdom/Kelly

That's exactly the role I expected Coates (22) to fulfill. He probably hasn't been satisfied with it - Carragher getting ahead of him - so I can't blame him for wanting to leave.

Feorax

I agree to an extent, but I suspect Rodgers may well be looking to ensure that we can rest Agger or Skrtel without seeing a notable drop in quality, which we unfortunately do see the majority of the time Carra and Coates come into the team. Having 3 CBs that age and that experience would make us a great deal stronger IMO.

Besides which, I reckon we'll be in the market for more than one CB this summer if Coates is off and Carra retires. We might just get the best of both worlds.

Stoke are such twats. Foul so much.

IMO Liverpool should be looking to sign a CB who can compete with their current first choice pair for a starting spot.

Manager

silva looks back to his early 11-12 form

He gains so much when the team around him fight and run so he gets space and players to pass to. The whole team has been so off all fall in that regard. It didn't help when Mancini decided to replace the tactic that won him the league.

Now it's back and suddenly City play like last season. Who figured....

Manager

Javi Garcia seems to partly have found his balls, great to finally see him show some guts out there. Best 30 mins I've seen from him.

Still expect more but he's doing better.

Arnie

Stoke are such twats. Foul so much.

IMO Liverpool should be looking to sign a CB who can compete with their current first choice pair for a starting spot.

Agree completely.

As it is we see Carragher and Coates as a step down too far, and we wheel them out as an acceptance of fragility in certain matches. Having an experienced, and proven performer like Williams to challenge the other two would be great for depth and the squad as a whole. Swansea have been defensively magnificent this season, by far their most underrated aspect. Williams has been a huge part of this.

Arnie

Just read that, this stuck out to me:

Coutinho is already married and seen as mature beyond his years – Stramaccioni recently told Sky Italia: “It’s hard to believe he’s only 20.” And while he still has much to learn, nobody knows that more than the player himself, telling reporters who compared him to some of his more famous compatriots he is “just Coutinho, a kid who’s getting better.

Note on defending was also very interesting.

Top Bottom