• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Carbonox

Didier Deschamps:

"I do not know if Mapou made ​​the right choice, we will see later. I think he had no choice. If Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern were also in for him, I think he would not have chosen Newcastle. This can also be a springboard for him in the long run."

I very much doubt Newcastle were the only team who made a bid for him. He's right about the springboard though.

3Sixty

Really pleased for you L1NET, what a thing to experience.

This is what football is about for me.

Alot of people don't understand the joy of a cup final.

2003 was great, whole city was buoyed by it, and that was when we were in the Prem.

Couldn't imagine it was a league 2 team.

Wes

venison crêpe
Want Lambert gone?

The team seems completely devoid of tactics or ideas. If you could get Adkins in, i would

Honestly? No. Manager isn't going to change anything. Plus paying him off to leave would mean more money we can't spend on players. We've spent over £10m on managers since O'Neill I believe. Unreal.

Lambert sold the Browns for $1bn four months ago. He needs to invest more. He was wrong to give so much money to O'Neill and let him have free reign over wages. Likewise however he is also wrong not to see we still lack quality all over the pitch.

L1NETT

Curtis Good, first newcastle player to reach a cup final in 10 years!!!!

:p

Can not quite believe what happened. Nearly shouted the pub down.

GQman2121

Banned
Bravo Bradford.

Hopefully, we figure things out tomorrow and give you the challenger you and your fans deserve in a proper cup final.

Arnie

2003 was great, whole city was buoyed by it, and that was when we were in the Prem.

Yep, find the vilification of the competition ignorant, to be honest.

Missed out on a final ticket in the ballot, but the semi final second leg at Anfield was fucking brilliant. Best night at Anfield since we were in the Champions League, was fucking bouncing.

Kyoufu

j3eg6Fs.jpg

Carbonox

Curtis Good, first newcastle player to reach a cup final in 10 years!!!!

:p

Can not quite believe what happened. Nearly shouted the pub down.

Haha, good on him - no pun intended. He best not show his Newcastle team-mates the medal otherwise someone (coughnilerangercough) will steal it.

Bumhead

Banned

Definitely.

Slightly different, but our League One play-off final win against Hartlepool at Cardiff is one of the greatest things I've ever experience. Just unreal. And it was "only" a third tier play-off.

Incidentally we are still the last team to win a trophy from outside the top division in England, when we won the League Cup in 1991 against Manchester United (although we were promoted to the then Division 1 the same season). I'd be chuffed to bits if Bradford knicked that record off us.

Randdalf

One of the best days of my life was when Portsmouth beat Spurs in the semi-final a few years ago... we'd been relegated the day before and were already in administration.

Wes

venison crêpe
@stancollynore
Sod this, I'm supporting #bcfc from now on, ashamed to say I'm a #avfc fan

I really do despise him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
SSN just said Bradford's team cost £7500. That's incredible.

One of the best days of my life was when Portsmouth beat Spurs in the semi-final a few years ago... we'd been relegated the day before and were already in administration.

Fuck that game. People were slipping all over that awful pitch and Dawson slipped and couldn't stop Piquionne (I think) scoring.

@stancollynore
Sod this, I'm supporting #bcfc from now on, ashamed to say I'm a #avfc fan

I really do despise him.
That doesn't even make sense.

I hate my team so ill go support their rivals.

Lol at least do a Pulga and pick Real Madrid or something.

Like it or not that's the truth!

Not really, he has the potential to one day go to a bigger club but do we need Didier Failure Deschamps to tell us this now? He's just a knob.

If it was up to him every player would play for an elite team cos any other team is irrelevant.

Wes

venison crêpe
This is what makes you despise him? Not that his a woman beater.

No. I'm not sure how you jumped to that conclusion.

I merely quoted something he said recently and stated my dislike for him. The first was not the cause for the second but more of a reinforcement of that fact.

Kyoufu

No. I'm not sure how you jumped to that conclusion.

I merely quoted something he said recently and stated my dislike for him. The first was not the cause for the second but more of a reinforcement of that fact.

Don't worry Wes.

You'll probably beat us next week.

:(

That was a really really dull match. Pogba was awesome, fantastic player, Matri showed how badly Juve need at least two more ztrikers.

Now we're struck in traffic of course. It's so fucking cold.

Top Bottom