• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

GQman2121

Banned
ronaldinho_chelsea_20pik1r.gif

:(

GQman2121

Banned
I wish I was old enough to watch Kaka, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho bossing Europe.

Oddly enough each of them had a string of about five years where they couldn't be touched and won a ton of silverware. And then....for one reason or another fell off and were never the same.

Fry

Oddly enough each of them had a string of about five years where they couldn't be touched and won a ton of silverware. And then....for one reason or another fell off and were never the same.

It's all Real Madrid's fault.

Ronaldinho never actually went to Real Madrid, but he was near by.

Slizz

ipmJolyvw6yqN.gif

UFC tonight was pretty awesome. 2 KO's by vicious elbows, then my favorite kind of KO. When a fighter hits a mother fucker (or kicks in this case) so hard in the midsection the guy just folds like an accordion...

DominoKid

http://i.minus.com/ipmJolyvw6yqN.gif[IMG]

UFC tonight was pretty awesome. 2 KO's by vicious elbows, then my favorite kind of KO. When a fighter hits a mother fucker (or kicks in this case) so hard in the midsection the guy just folds like an accordion...[/QUOTE]

watching the Pettis KO w/ my mom was hilarious. she's all "i don't get why they stopped it. lame."
i'm like "he just got his midsection caved in so fucking bad that he didnt even guard his head on the ground."
her response "yeah...but did it [I]really [/I]hurt that bad???"

[quote="Dutch Patriot, post: 46944356"]Since I'm kicking it with you guys at the moment, tell me, who is your personal favorite soccer player of all time?

Mine is Clarence Seedorf.[/QUOTE]

cristiano ronaldo. him and ronaldinho are the reasons i fell back in love w/ the game after hating it a bit during my teen years.

ShogunX

UFC tonight was pretty awesome. 2 KO's by vicious elbows, then my favorite kind of KO. When a fighter hits a mother fucker (or kicks in this case) so hard in the midsection the guy just folds like an accordion...

Lovely liver shot by Pettis that was. Thought the fight might of been a little more competitive but Pettis was just oozing class and Cerrone looked a little clueless.

Slizz

watching the Pettis KO w/ my mom was hilarious. she's all "i don't get why they stopped it. lame."
i'm like "he just got his midsection caved in so fucking bad that he didnt even guard his head on the ground."
her response "yeah...but did it really hurt that bad???"

cristiano ronaldo. him and ronaldinho are the reasons i fell back in love w/ the game after hating it a bit during my teen years.

Pettis right now is my favorite fighter. Dude throws some sort of cartwheel kick I've never seen before.... then before the liver shot he does a wall walk knee to the face, that I didn't even catch in real time. They had to replay it before I could appreciate it.... Bendo vs. Pettis 2 plz.

Is twitter not working for anyone else? The app won't load any tweets and if I try to use the actual website it fails to the load the page and then launches the app which still doesn't work. Annoying.

Januzaj won't make it imo.

Just another young footballer who thinks his tricks are the most important than the team.

The fuck?

Having technique doesn't mean they only care about being flashy. He has pretty good vision and I think is the most impressive from the reserves.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sorry if it's old by now but it's worth posting again :lol

Conte "The referee should take some responsibility. Even a blind man would have seen that [handball by Andreas Granqvist in the box]," a visibly furious Conte fired at reporters after the match.

"In these cases, you've got to hand back your refereeing licence. I cannot tolerate what happened. Even the goal-line referee said it was a penalty. I think in these cases, saying ‘shame on you’ is the very least one can do.

"I can accept it if they claim not to have seen the incident, but hearing a referee say they didn't feel like giving the penalty is not normal. This is not football.

"For a long time, we've been well-mannered and valued fair play, but now I have seen too many incidents go against us. Parma once said that everyone was entitled to complain except Juventus. Now the incidents are there for all to see.

"Now I'd rather not hear the media breaking our balls over pro-Juve and anti-Juve errors, because errors are everywhere for and against everyone."

Conte is so getting banned for this :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Draw lose. Same difference!

It's not when you're top of the league with +6 points.

But I can see how you're confused with the concept of draws since you have more 'draws' than 'wins, Everton.

Good for Gerrard I supposed. I'm not saying Gerrard is a bad player or anything, I just don't rate Marchisio.

Must be really awkward for you supporting Italy when it's basically Juve.

rodvik

You seem to have changed your tune on his dismissal. I mentioned it a while ago and it was not a possibility but a club like Aston Villa cannot be relegated. That is just too large a fall from grace.

I think he may get sacked, fan pressure may force it after another month of terrible results. But I also think he is not really the problem. I dont know what the problem actually is, we are very light in quality in midfield thats for sure, but beyond that our players are really not that bad.

Just something has been on a downward path for a few years now. I am really not sure what it is.

Maybe this is what relegated teams feel like? I dont know.

I think he may get sacked, fan pressure may force it after another month of terrible results. But I also think he is not really the problem. I dont know what the problem actually is, we are very light in quality in midfield thats for sure, but beyond that our players are really not that bad.

Just something has been on a downward path for a few years now. I am really not sure what it is.

Our players aren't bad they are just raw and buckle under pressure. And now that we are under pressure every game because we are doing so bad they are struggling to find form. Really, we need the other shoe to drop. If we can get a few good results in a row we should be able to stay up and I think year 2 will be better. Even if we do end up in the Championship. I really do trust Lambert, and think that he has a long-term plan that he is implementing and unfortunately his first year isn't going as well as planned.

Lightning

Banned

Paul Lambert brought this on himself. You have a very young squad, too many of your experienced players have been forced out. The treatment of Darren Bent for example. In Bent you have a proven goal scorer who you paid a lot of money for but the manager pushes him out for reasons unknown. Under Lambert you were always going to struggle defensively, just as Norwich did last season, but imo Aston Villa are fielding too many youngsters who are not quite ready for the intense pressure that Lambert's carelessness has now put them under.

He is riding a tight rope here because I feel Aston Villa's young players get their heads down when they conceed a goal and it results in conceeding more goals and when this happens your attack just dies as well.

Our players aren't bad they are just raw and buckle under pressure. And now that we are under pressure every game because we are doing so bad they are struggling to find form. Really, we need the other shoe to drop. If we can get a few good results in a row we should be able to stay up and I think year 2 will be better. Even if we do end up in the Championship. I really do trust Lambert, and think that he has a long-term plan that he is implementing and unfortunately his first year isn't going as well as planned.
Trusting Lambert you really shouldn't do. He left both his previous clubs in not so friendly circumstances and he will have no hesitation in doing the same to yoiu. If you go down and another premier league club comes for Lambert he will ditch you in a heartbeat.

rodvik

Paul Lambert brought this on himself. You have a very young squad, too many of your experienced players have been forced out. The treatment of Darren Bent for example. In Bent you have a proven goal scorer who you paid a lot of money for but the manager pushes him out for reasons unknown. Under Lambert you were always going to struggle defensively, just as Norwich did last season, but imo Aston Villa are fielding too many youngsters who are not quite ready for the intense pressure that Lambert's carelessness has now put them under.

He is riding a tight rope here because I feel Aston Villa's young players get their heads down when they conceed a goal and it results in conceeding more goals and when this happens your attack just dies as well.

Yup, yup. Good points both. Sigh. Not enjoying my football right now I have to admit. Trying times.

FootballFan

Since I'm kicking it with you guys at the moment, tell me, who is your personal favorite soccer player of all time?

Mine is Clarence Seedorf.

Other than Barca players, I really like many many Bayern players. They've had some great teams with fantastic players.

But I would be listing 20 players that way. If I had to pick just one, it would be Ronaldinho.

Legend

ZQItvTk.jpg

One of my favourite CL goals was Kaka's pass to Crespo and then the finish. Perfection. Part of what was an incredible final.

Nice pick, absolutely class pass + finish.

Arsenal v Barca highlights

Genuinely one of the most entertaining games in European football in the past few years

Commentary is pretty fun as well

Barca lost and I still love watching that game. So good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Harry lol

He said: "If you look at the team today, what is it? An England goalkeeper [Rob Green], a right-back from Manchester United [Fabio], a left-back in Armand Traore.

"You've got Anton Ferdinand and Tal Ben Haim, then Esteban Granero from Real Madrid. You've got Ale Faurlin, Park Ji-sung from Manchester United, Jamie Mackie, Jay Bothroyd and DJ Campbell."

"I gave them a chance today because they knock on my door and say they should be playing and other people tell me they are all good players," the former Tottenham boss said.

"Well, they got their chance today and they blew it. It answers questions - not for me because I already knew the answer, but for other people. Today they saw the answers."

Blablurn

Bayern was so not important in the middle of the 2000s. It was all about italian, spanish and british clubs, or to be precise just arsenal and man u lol. man, it was always a pleasure to watch ronaldinho. and it was a pain in the ass to see us flopping in the champions league. which bayern fan doesnt remember how roy makaay scored 3 goals against us in one game. as revenge we bought him from la coruna the year after lol. i guess it's because of those bad times, this newly created bayern spirit still feels pretty new. we are one of the big clubs now. but still, even with all the money we are still not quite the same. I guess it's due to the fact we dont have to rely on any big investors. Anyway, feels good to be there where we are right now.

Little random Bayern photo from 2005

Michael+Ballack+Bayern+Munich+v+Jubilo+Iwata+xMztAr30qgSl.jpg

Just look at Ballack, Lucio or Hargreaves lol. And it even features Sebastian Deisler (left from Kahn) who used to be one of the biggest talents Germany ever had. But he retired from football due to depression. Man, we even had fucking Ismael and Paulo Guererro back then lol.

Salazar

There's nothing he does better than crushing the spirit of his squad players.

Should fuck off and manage Guernsey or summat.

Hope QPR go down and then down again.

"I gave them a chance today because they knock on my door and say they should be playing and other people tell me they are all good players," the former Tottenham boss said.

Go on, talk yourself out of any responsibility you poxy fucking villain. Poor old Arry has been led astray and sold duff players. What a calamity for the old stager.

"Well, they got their chance today and they blew it. It answers questions - not for me because I already knew the answer, but for other people. Today they saw the answers."

You knew the side you put out were going to let you down and crumble against MK Dons ? Well, some fucking manager you are then. More embarrassing than Rafa. Which is really fucking down there in the scheme of things.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The goalline referee and the 4th official called the handball a penalty, but ref Guida said "I didn't hear them."

New low.

-

Sal do you have something funny to read on RAWK/Blue Moon/RedCafe? I'm seriously bored here :p

So we got these book/magazine things into work, 20 years of premier league and 20 years of Champions League. Been flicking thru the CL one, brings back memories!

Remember when Monaco were good for like 2 seasons? :lol

Carbonox

This is too early to be awake on a Sunday. Already had a nose bleed as well. Fuck you. Now I have to go spend 11 hours on a plane. Cunt.

Lightning

Banned
Harry should be ashamed of himself for saying those things. He just shitted on the entire QPR fanbase by admitting he fielded a team he knew would lose to a team 2 divisions below his side.

That's disgraceful imo. The FA should give the cunt a fine for that. What about the QPR fans who paid their money to watch Harry do that? What a cunt!

Kenka

Does GAF remember this guy ? He used to look a bit better in the past (hint: the vintage Bayern from Blablurn gave me the idea to submit this post):

123621-effenberg-traut-moenchengladbach-den-titel-zu.jpg

elseanio

this about that coutinho guy? i don't see it. at least not for the EPL.

The person who said that probably hasn't even seen him play, except for clips on YouTube.

I'm excited about him because I know so little. Think people need to realise that Henderson and jonjo are probably better than him at the moment. Coutinho will need a lot of time

Salazar

this about that coutinho guy? i don't see it. at least not for the EPL.

I dunno.

The Inter equivalent of MUFC facebook going bananas because they sold him isn't really evidence in his favour.

He is, in some measure, "anointed by Rafa" though, which means a lot.

Like elseanio says, it's a bit mysterious. You could convince someone that Taarabt was a top top top player through Youtube.

Top Bottom