• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

He has made more people tune into wrestling in the past year than anyone else has. Lapse fans are watching to see what Rock does. He is helping the WWE.

He could make people watch with or without the title.

WWE creative is like Aston Villa, non-existent.

Daniel Bryan - wasted
CM Punks title reign - ended for no reason
Ryback - hes just a jobber D:
Jericho comeback last year - lost pretty much every week

Plus elimination chanber should be a good ppv not a boring 'nothing gonna happen cos its wm next' ppv.

Wilbur

Banned
The Rock and Stone Cold were always my favourites. I really liked Kane as well, motherfucker was menacing until he took his mask off.

Haven't watched wrestling for about 9 years though. Saw there was a dwarf in it though.

fuenf

He could make people watch with or without the title.

WWE creative is like Aston Villa, non-existent.

Daniel Bryan - wasted
CM Punks title reign - ended for no reason
Ryback - hes just a jobber D:
Jericho comeback last year - lost pretty much every week

Plus elimination chanber should be a good ppv not a boring 'nothing gonna happen cos its wm next' ppv.

I don't even know who these wrestlers are or what makes them special. I'm pretty sure that they are better wrestlers than The Rock is now, but he's a fucking great entertainer. That's why I'm tuning in and want to watch him.

pulga

Banned
Can't see them splashing out on Bale to be honest. I think a CB or RB will come in, and a striker. Say you can get Falcao, 50/60m on him alone, you know?

Theoretically Di Maria/Ozil/Ronaldo is a strong enough selection to support any striker anyway. Higuain and Benzema are very good strikers but they're not top tier ones; Higuain never will be, Benzema isn't yet.

Dont think well be able to swing Falcao, between rich oil mongers and Atlético hate, but then again you never know.
Luis-Figo-luis-figo-30910643-200-200.jpg

I don't even know who these wrestlers are or what makes them special. I'm pretty sure that they are better wrestlers than The Rock is now, but he's a fucking great entertainer. That's why I'm tuning in and want to watch him.

Surely you know Jericho? He had some amazing feuds with The Rock back in the day

Kyoufu

The Rock is only entertaining if you think "Twinkie Tits" is entertainment.

Otherwise the dude is basically a charismatic John Cena.

fuenf

Surely you know Jericho? He had some amazing feuds with The Rock back in the day

lol just googled him and now that I've seen his face again I remember him. How could I forget, tbh I know CM Punk too. Still, I don't consider WWE a sport, it's just entertainment and that's why I still like to watch the Rock. The last time I looked at it as a sport was during the Brett Hart era.

lol just googled him and now that I've seen his face again I remember him. How could I forget, tbh I know CM Punk too. Still, I don't consider WWE a sport, it's just entertainment and that's why I still like to watch the Rock. The last time I looked at it as a sport was during the Brett Hart era.

Very true, it has lost that sport feel now, Bret Hart was amazing. Him and Shawn carried the WWE for years.

Entertainment wise though, CM Punk is the best wrestler on the mic ever imo, he can really cut a live promo and do it well. The night he sat on the ramp and did a 10 minute speech was epic.

Wilbur

Banned
That was awesome.

I just don't get the sport though, they're stopping every 10 seconds and having drinks and skipping to Beyonce promos and taking their helmets off and shit. I don't understand :(

I just like that game on the iPhone where you have to try and avoid getting tackled

fuenf

I dont know. I used to like the NFL, maybe it's because none of my favorite teams made it to the Super Bowl, but this game makes me appreciate what a beautiful sport our real football is.

Wilbur

Banned
This Superbowl thing is so fucking dull.

Maybe it would help if I understood it I suppose, but it's so stop start. Throw ball, catch ball, touched on the back and stop.

It's why I can't really get into rugby either, when there's scrums and this and that it just seems like there's never this extended beautiful piece of play, just stop start lump it forward and hope your fastest guy catches it.

As fuenf says, just makes me appreciate the simplicity and beauty of football more.

GorillaJu

Gerrard is now the second best midfielder in FPL but still only has 8.7% ownership and is available at his original price of 9.5.

Wow.

Suckers are missing out. I've been getting Gerrard points for like two months now and laughing. He'll play 180 minutes in the next game week. 91.3% of FPL is gonna cry.

fuenf

I just don't get the sport though, they're stopping every 10 seconds and having drinks and skipping to Beyonce promos and taking their helmets off and shit. I don't understand :(

I just like that game on the iPhone where you have to try and avoid getting tackled

Yeah it's an entertainment show that has been finely tuned to maximize profits. I think it's getting worse every year, the NBA and MLB have overtaken American Football as my favorite US sports. I think playoff-baseball is the only sport that can rival the tension and excitement of football. American football is more like a quick and dirty fuck with Olivia Wilde. ;)

As fuenf says, just makes me appreciate the simplicity and beauty of football more.

I have watched the previous two super bowls not knowing wtf is going on. I got the nfl game in September....it helped me a lot, learnt everyhing near enough within a few days. It certainly seems complicated from the outside but now I am pretty confident with my knowledge of the game.

Kyoufu

Gerrard is now the second best midfielder in FPL but still only has 8.7% ownership and is available at his original price of 9.5.

Wow.

Suckers are missing out. I've been getting Gerrard points for like two months now and laughing. He'll play 180 minutes in the next game week. 91.3% of FPL is gonna cry.

How much is Sissoko on FPL?

Maybe it would help if I understood it I suppose, but it's so stop start. Throw ball, catch ball, touched on the back and stop.

It's why I can't really get into rugby either, when there's scrums and this and that it just seems like there's never this extended beautiful piece of play, just stop start lump it forward and hope your fastest guy catches it.

Sounds like English football to me

I understand it, it's just impossible to get excited with all the starting and stopping. To be honest the whole thing just feels like an elaborate advert for beer and crisps.

Top Bottom