• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

pappe

That's the Gareth Bale doppleganger right? Pretty sure that's not doctored, I've seen pictures before and he's always looked just like that. He's just got a ridiculous head of hair. I hope he loses it all.

Looks more like Ben Stiller from Zoolander to me.

Bo-Locks

Interesting point. I don't see anyone here giving a fuck about Athletic Club this season. And people only seem to bother with Atletico when Falcao is playing. Also, the local government assumed control of Valencia a couple of days ago. Did anyone care?

So you have literally got a broke government buying a broke football club. And Real have received preferential loans from Spanish banks/governments for years, and even sold their training complex to Madrid City Council for an enormous amount of money in what was a very shady deal.

Things like this are why it's a joke of a league.

bjaelke

BBW9DIfCcAAkkRf.jpg

:lol

FootballFan

Okay I'll bite - which part? Am I missing something obvious or do you just not think he looks like Gareth Bale?

No I mean you are joking about it not being doctored. He looks like Bale's uglier twin. :( lol

And the hair, what is he thinking.

I honestly thought it was just a photoshopped pic lol.

GorillaJu

No I mean you are joking about it not being doctored. He looks like Bale's uglier twin. :( lol

And the hair, what is he thinking.

I honestly thought it was just a photoshopped pic lol.

I honestly thought it was an older picture of Bale when someone first posted a picture of him on RAWK I think about a year ago.

In fact I'd definitely think it was him without some side to side comparisons.

H1MAShX.jpg

FootballFan

20 pages! What did I miss?
KuGsj.gif

And who the hell was this?
KuGsj.gif
His second post ever and he's banned!

You missed A LOT!! Just go back and read again.

If you haven't heard, Hazard kicked a ball boy and it made the OT of GAF. Well that is actually all you missed. Oh and the weekly La Liga is shit 2 team league stuff but that's kinda boring.

I also asked the same question about that banned member, wtf did he do?

You missed A LOT!! Just go back and read again.

If you haven't heard, Hazard kicked a ball boy and it made the OT of GAF. Well that is actually all you missed. Oh and the weekly La Liga is shit 2 team league stuff but that's kinda boring.

I also asked the same question about that banned member, wtf did he do?

Well it's true the tv revenue is fucked up.

Clegg

Uniteds revenue went up by 30m euros last season.

Still have that Chevy sponsorship and TV money to come in next season.

BasedGlazers.

Clegg

Is Wanyama a hard tackling DM?Are we finally getting a hard tackling DM?

Celtic won't sell Wanyama this month as they have their CL match against Juventus.

SAF was at a Celtic match two nights ago and everyone thought he was there to scout Wanyama. But he was actually in Glasgow because he was giving a funeral eulogy the next day.

Of course, he could have been scouting Wanyama as well but I wouldn't expect a bid anytime soon.

Clegg

In before the thought of what it would be like if we were debt less sinks in.

:(

In fairness, United's debt is £50m less than it was this time last year. But I wouldn't expect United's new additional revenue to go to player transfers.

That money is going to line the Glazers pockets/pay off the debt.

Keio

For a Finer World
Yeah no, he kicked the ball.

1-1_zpsf6e8164d.gif

To be fair he kicked both.

And when you are a professional, you don't do that. It all went over in the space of 10 seconds. In 15 secs he probably would've had the ball and game on, now it took a minute and a red card to get play restarted.

Carbonox

Seems Newcastle might finally look to get rid of Nile Ranger. He showed a bit of class during a Europa League match or two but is otherwise a useless gangster wannabe. No room at the club for him.

Oh and it seems we might push further to try and acquire Florian Thauvin from Bastia. I'd rather him than have Dan Gosling anywhere near the first team. :lol

panty

To be fair he kicked both.

And when you are a professional, you don't do that. It all went over in the space of 10 seconds. In 15 secs he probably would've had the ball and game on, now it took a minute and a red card to get play restarted.

And when you're trying to win and get the game going as fast as possible you don't give a shit. The boy is massive fucking cunt.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/espnfc/video?id=1310799&cc=5739

pappe

Seems Newcastle might finally look to get rid of Nile Ranger. He showed a bit of class during a Europa League match or two but is otherwise a useless gangster wannabe. No room at the club for him.

Oh and it seems we might push further to try and acquire Florian Thauvin from Bastia. I'd rather him than have Dan Gosling anywhere near the first team. :lol

IS there even a single English player you would like to have in your team?

qindarka

Banned
Neither of them are cunts. Just acted like morons on this one occasion.

You guys overuse the term so much to the point where it means nothing.

Keio

For a Finer World
And when you're trying to win and get the game going as fast as possible you don't give a shit. The boy is massive fucking cunt.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/espnfc/video?id=1310799&cc=5739

Now that we are linking to ESPN, there is a great opinion piece on the subject here: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/2894?cc=5739

Obviously, Hazard was in the wrong to lash out at the kid on the sideline. There's no situation in the beautiful game that dictates lashing out at those on the sideline. It's not a conversation or a reminder one ever thought might be needed despite the rising tension and ever-increasing stakes in the modern era.

Was the ball boy being cheeky? Absolutely. Was his behavior intended to grate and raise the hackles of the Chelsea players who were desperate for a goal? Of course. Yet it's utterly harmless in execution -- remember, this is still only a game, we think -- that any sentient being should know better. Any adult should know better.

Sure, stupid kid. But it's less JT to be a kid and do something stupid than a #ChampionOfEurope

Clegg

I want a Wii U now.

3 days ago I had no reason to buy one. Fuck you Monolith Soft.

How am I supposed to resist this?

amekbv.gif

Carbonox

IS there even a single English player you would like to have in your team?

Personally I find us getting exclusively French players overkill. If they are all great players, great, but I can see a rift in the squad because of this. French speakers with zero English language knowledge vs those who speak English. Even the French in our team who speak English will speak French with their counterparts unless specified otherwise (I believe another team told their French players to speak in English to eachother to ensure there's parity).

However, there aren't any English players around I'd like Newcastle to buy. :lol It's bad enough we have some of the worst in the league (Williamson, Gosling, etc.). The Ameobi brothers are pretty bad too. Only Steven Taylor can be considered quality and Adam Campbell has insane potential.

It would be nice if we did buy van Wolfswinkel just to break up the French fetish though.

panty

You're a ball boy. You can invisibly waste some time as you're most probably a supporter of the home team. You CAN'T cover up the ball and not give it if a player comes to get it. And even before the game you tweet you're going to waste time.

I've watched quite a few matches and never seen this before. Swansea needs to be fined hard and the ball boy can fuck off for all I care. And I'm not even a Chelsea supporter.

I want a Wii U now.

Fuck Wii U.

He moved to join the Di Matteo Project, and then RDM got slung out.

Considering he said he only talked to Roman and didn't know who was the manager next season when asked, just when the came to the club, he moved to join Romans project. Not that being managed by Interim Manager has been any less traumatizing I'm sure.

Carbonox

Question regarding FIFA 13 and the squad update:

They're obviously keeping up to date with the transfers (so Ba is already at Chelsea, etc.) and seem pretty close to any major deals happening. Is there a set time they update or do they update every day? I'm curious because I'm working so I can't check whether or not Gouffran and Mbiwa have been added to Newcastle's squad.

Kenka

I want a Wii U now.

amekbv.gif
Just wait for E3 to get games with same concept, bigger scale and more jaw-dropping graphics. Nintendo dropped some bombs but they still rip us off over the VC prices, they didn't address complains about their online strategy, didn't announce massive third-party supports and didn't announces any dates for their games/system upgrades. Besides, no price drop in sight, no announcement for 3DS, no HD remakes other than Wind Wanker. Fuck them, they just don't know what we want anymore. It's safe to say you should entirely skip Nintendo consoles and handhelds this gen.

But you know, Sony and Microsoft could come with even worse concepts, but that's rather unlikely.

Top Bottom