• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

bjaelke

Faggie said:
I am not looking to do any serious transfer business in January.
Wilfried Zaha will undergo a medical with Manchester United in the next 48 hours before completing a £15m move from Crystal Palace.
alex-ferguson_pg_1370077c.jpg

Carbonox

Managers_231821a.jpg

Benitez one of the most effective at substitutions. Pardieu one of the worst.

100% this.

Against Arsenal we were at 3-3, we take off a DM and put on fucking Shola Ameobi and then we let in 4 goals. Sure we probably would have lost that game anyway but not by 7 goals to 3.

Against Reading they equalised so we take off Cabaye and Marveaux, our best players, and we end up losing cos Newcastle shat the bed with zero creativity with the only good players for them leaving the pitch.

Countless other examples this season.

GorillaJu

Fergie best at subs?

Dat Hernandez.

What's telling is how much higher Fergus is over Mou. It's not as if United's bench is stronger to any notable degree than Real Madrid's, even if you're taking a large sample of matches.

Allardyce, too. One could never claim that it's the depth and strength of his bench that saves him.

Then you have Mancini, who has a wealth of options and can't seem to affect the game.

spidye

Just wait for E3 to get games with same concept, bigger scale and more jaw-dropping graphics. Nintendo dropped some bombs but they still rip us off over the VC prices, they didn't address complains about their online strategy, didn't announce massive third-party supports and didn't announces any dates for their games/system upgrades. Besides, no price drop in sight, no announcement for 3DS, no HD remakes other than Wind Wanker. Fuck them, they just don't know what we want anymore. It's safe to say you should entirely skip Nintendo consoles and handhelds this gen.

But you know, Sony and Microsoft could come with even worse concepts, but that's rather unlikely.

please, speak for yourself. those games are exactly what I want from Nintendo. I don't care for a halo or killzone

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/preview-soccer-real-madrid-await-casillas-injury-084843370--sow.html

elseanio

What's telling is how much higher Fergus is over Mou. It's not as if United's bench is stronger to any notable degree than Real Madrid's, even if you're taking a large sample of matches.

Allardyce, too. One could never claim that it's the depth and strength of his bench that saves him.

Then you have Mancini, who has a wealth of options and can't seem to affect the game.

Can't you argue that managers who have more points from subs are shit at picking the first 11?

Yep, I'm a bit afraid Floren will sack Mourinho or something like that.

Let's give our best at Copa and against United and think in the next season.

Well I hope so. Didn't want him at Real to begin with. Still think we should've given Pellegrini more time, he could have build a great team. The only think Mourinho has given us is bad press.

And a title over one of the best Barca teams of all time. But let's forget that because of some niggly press run ins.

GorillaJu

Can't you argue that managers who have more points from subs are shit at picking the first 11?

You could perhaps extend the meaning to include that, but no matter how you look at it, it takes a good degree of understanding and nous to change the outcome of a game with subs.

I was just bringing it up because of how many people were on Benitez's case over his subs for Chelsea. The point being that a manager, not just any manager but a CL winning manager, will understand much better than a collective of fans what the right substitutions to make are.

Kenka

please, speak for yourself. those games are exactly what I want from Nintendo. I don't care for a halo or killzone

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/preview-soccer-real-madrid-await-casillas-injury-084843370--sow.html
Well sure, if you want to play their franchises, there is no discussion, they will still deliver.
I like them too, but they only superficially address the problems we complain about

Does anyone know if Bayern really plans on spending 278 M€ next transfer window this summer so that Guardiola can spend it to revamp the team ?

smile_guardiola_251.jpg

GorillaJu

That is the derpiest Pep face ever.

Also he won't be getting Suarez. People who think Suarez is going to run away to escape the horrible English press are dumb idiot poop heads. The press in Germany, Spain and Italy are by all rights every bit as scathing and brutal.

That is the derpiest Pep face ever.

Also he won't be getting Suarez. People who think Suarez is going to run away to escape the horrible English press are dumb idiot poop heads. The press in Germany, Spain and Italy are by all rights every bit as scathing and brutal.

You're right. The reason he'll leave is to play for Bayern is for more money, at a better team, with a better manager and in better competitions.

Well sure, if you want to play their franchises, there is no discussion, they will still deliver.
I like them too, but they only superficially address the problems we complain about

Does anyone know if Bayern really plans on spending 278 M€ next transfer window this summer so that Guardiola can spend it to revamp the team ?

smile_guardiola_251.jpg

No, it's bs.
Denn wirtschaftlich stehen die Münchner in ihrer 112-jährigen Geschichte besser da denn je: Der Konzern (konsolidiert FC Bayern München AG und Allianz Arena München Stadion GmbH) erwirtschaftete einen Rekordumsatz von 373,4 Millionen Euro. Der Gewinn der FC Bayern München AG nach Steuern beträgt 11,1 Millionen Euro. „Beachtlich“, schwärmte Finanzboss Karl Hopfner. Das Eigenkapital konnte auf 278,3 Millionen Euro gesteigert werden, was einer Eigenkapitalquote von 77,5 Prozent entspricht. „Das garantiert uns Unabhängigkeit“, so Hopfner weiter....
Jahreshauptversammlung FC Bayern: Rekordzahlen, Nachtclub-Anekdoten und Freibier - weiter lesen auf FOCUS Online: http://www.focus.de/sport/fussball/...htclub-anekdoten-und-freibier_aid_861517.html
http://www.focus.de/sport/fussball/...htclub-anekdoten-und-freibier_aid_861517.html

GorillaJu

Why does he even need to overhaul the team anyway? What does Bayern need besides a striker other than Suarez?

Oh fuckin shit some dude on the gaming side has a Cleverly avatar. BAIL OUT.

at the end of the season maybe but he would never sack him now. who should manage the team instead of him?

Heynckes is pissed that Bayern said he was retiring after this season. He'll take his chance and will win the CL with his old buddies at Real while Bayern will fuck everything up because Pep refuses to start working before, thus getting himself fired before he even starts working.

Top Bottom