• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

arkon

@MUFC_Facebook: a draw is better then a loss but not as good as a win

DsAp881.jpg

@MUFC_Facebook: ooooooooooooo i dont like piverpool very much.....! plz robin and mike destroy racy suarez with malevolent croons

Sounds like some karaoke night. I wish I was there.

K1LLER7

Zaha is going to fire Palace to the Championship trophy then come to us and score a brace against Liverpool in his first away game, before lifting up his shirt to reveal a printed message:

ARNOLD

I COST THE SAME AS JOE ALLEN

LAUGH IT UP, CUNTFLAP

Fergie chortles on the sideline, B-Rod even allows himself a little titter. Everyone wonders, who is this naive Arnold that Zalhalla has called out in one of Sky's live matches of the 2013/14 season.

Meanwhile NeoGAF user Killer7 suddenly goes AWOL from the boards. His IP address is traced from a house in South London to a new one in Salford.
Hahaha, Arnie's just sad Liverpool could lose out on Coutinho.

Zaha Palace press conference

how does it feel to now be a part of Man Utd?

"It's always been my dream to play for United. The biggest club in the world. Having the oppertunity to play for this club and its 659m followers, I just couldn't turn it down."

When did you learn of Uniteds interest?

Around the same time I had my England debut. There was interest from Arsenal but I want to win trophies. That won't happen at Arsenal."

What about the interest from Liverpool?

"Liverpool? I'd be wasting my time there. They're shite."

What was the major factor that made you choose Man Utd over the other clubs?

"The little boy inside said United. Along with what I said before about the club and its fans. But i guess the main reason was that the I've always wanted to play alongside Bebe who's currently at Rio Ave. He's incredibly underrated and together we'd lead United to countless trophies in the future."

Meier

Joe Allen feels incredibly overpriced when you consider his output on the stat sheet but it seems like he has done a nice job (for the most part) of making their engine run.

I think Zaha for that amount seems like a fine deal personally. If City can get Isco for 17m, it might seem a bit high but transfers don't exist in a bubble. If you want a guy, you pay up.

Salvadora

Joe Allen feels incredibly overpriced when you consider his output on the stat sheet but it seems like he has done a nice job (for the most part) of making their engine run.

I think Zaha for that amount seems like a fine deal personally. If City can get Isco for 17m, it might seem a bit high but transfers don't exist in a bubble. If you want a guy, you pay up.

Isco would be a steal at £17m imo.

3Sixty

Do you follow https://twitter.com/HowAlanSeesIt ?

Genuine quotes from his motd analysis.

Alan Shearer's Eyes ‏@HowAlanSeesIt
Frank Lampard is 34 years old, but his age is irrelevant #motd

Alan Shearer's Eyes ‏@HowAlanSeesIt
I can't tell you how good that pass is there... I really can't #MOTD

lol

I do now.

He's scored 31 out of 31 penalties... he must have some confidence in his penalty taking ability #motd

Wilbur

Banned

I quite like Allen to be honest, he's just nothing compared to the Black Valencia.

But yeah, Isco would be a bargain at that price. I think Zaha is expensive but it's not as if we haven't shelled out for youth before. I remember when we bought Ronaldo and wondering why we'd spent 12m on some youth player instead of replacing Beckham properly. Smalling was 10m as well and he'd been playing non-league football six months before.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Isco won't go for under his minimum fee release clause of 25 million Euros. Malaga said today that Isco is close to signing a contract extension which will raise his release clause to ridiculous levels.

Wilbur

Banned

Isco won't go for under his minimum fee release clause of 25 million Euros. Malaga said today that Isco is close to signing a contract extension which will raise his release clause to ridiculous levels.

Even 25m would be great; he and Götze are the stand out talents in that position for me at the moment regarding youth, as they are for most people I suppose.

Wes

venison crêpe
You never know. Newcastle's attendances didn't drop that greatly, they still maintained the highest average home attendance in the North-East during the season they were in the Championship!

I would say Newcastle are a more *ahem* fervent fanbase than Villa. At least in recent years. The Holte enders have not really stuck behind the team the past few seasons. I think it'll depend on ticket prices.

In other news, I've just started playing Path of Exile. Seems rather decent.

Even 25m would be great; he and Götze are the stand out talents in that position for me at the moment regarding youth, as they are for most people I suppose.

I don't disagree at all. 25m is still good for a player that looks like he'll be every bit as good as (if not better than) the likes of Silva, Cazorla and Mata.

I'd love for United to be in for him at pretty much any cost.

Meier

I'm not sure where you got €25m from -- Isco's release clause is €20m Euro/£17m. City could obviously activate it at any time... I'm not entirely sure why we haven't and then just offered to loan him back for the remainder of the season if Malaga don't want to part with him. He would be perfect for the team. Malaga has said repeatedly he is close to signing an extension with a higher clause.. we'll see if it truly happens or not.

Kyoufu

I'm not sure where you got €25m from -- Isco's release clause is €20m Euro/£17m. City could obviously activate it at any time, I'm not entirely sure why we haven't and then just offered to loan him back for the remainder of the season if Malaga don't want to part with him. He would be perfect for the team.

I bet your wage bill is so high that FFFP will come into play if you spend any more money this season.

I'm not sure where you got €25m from -- Isco's release clause is €20m Euro/£17m. City could obviously activate it at any time... I'm not entirely sure why we haven't and then just offered to loan him back for the remainder of the season if Malaga don't want to part with him. He would be perfect for the team. Malaga has said repeatedly he is close to signing an extension with a higher clause.. we'll see if it truly happens or not.

Mourinho doesn't fancy him obviously.

Meier

I bet your wage bill is so high that FFFP will come into play if you spend any more money this season.

It's entirely possible. City have done a lot and continue to do a lot to battle FFP but perhaps Soriano and co won't bring on any salary at all until some has gone out.

Alduin

Well fuck. Becchio, who has been carrying our team the whole season has handed in a transfer request. New owners, still the same shit.

Clegg

When Isco is ready to leave Malaga, Barca and Madrid will be at the front of the queue of clubs looking to sign him.

Meier

Mourinho doesn't fancy him obviously.

It was revealed that Txiki considers Isco and Beñat his top two targets so Mou would just have to grin and bear it if he came on board. I think we're stuck with Mancini though personally.. I think he'll get another year.

I stand somewhat corrected - it seems to be 21m Euros according to most reports.

Wilbur

Banned
Well fuck. Becchio, who has been carrying our team the whole season has handed in a transfer request. New owners, still the same shit.

Probably why he wants to leave though, you're not doing as well as he would expect and he's carrying the entire team.

It's been turned down though, hasn't it?

Top Bottom