• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

pulga

Banned
Guess we'll have to field a second tier team against Barca :/ We need what lefts of our A team for the CL, goes without saying why.

Heh still think Madrid will beat us comfortably but that type of fixture pile up definitely can't help so good news for us.

Mourinho will have his team organised and fired up. It's what he does.

Wes

venison crêpe
Sissoko to Newcastle confirmed? You guys have had a great January in the market. It's making me sick.

Stop it. I'm already crying myself to sleep. Worst. season. ever.

Welp, you'll probably lose all the domestic titles, but United's defense is probably still worse than yours (even without Casillas) so they shouldn't be a problem.
So by all means, qualify for the QF and get fucked by us again :D

I'm just kidding - Donezk could very easily be the end for us..

pulga

Banned
Think we'll lose Mou for sure if we screw up good in CL? Final nail in the coffin.
He's definitely gone. Only thing that could save him would be if Florentino is too cheap to pay him off. I hope not, Mourinho has a real desire to stay and make double history by winning his 3rd CL with a different team AND winning the first 10th CL cup for a team. He'd be revered.

Heh still think Madrid will beat us comfortably but that type of fixture pile up definitely can't help so good news for us.

Mourinho will have his team organised and fired up. It's what he does.

He won't, his message doesn't seem to be getting through to the players anymore.

Oh come on, you'd take Messi too.

Take him out to the shed, mebbe.

Welp, you'll probably lose all the domestic titles, but United's defense is probably still worse than yours (even without Casillas) so they shouldn't be a problem.

Dat arrogance :lol Soon enough we'll all be saying #FuckBVB

It's still surprising how Dortmund was absolute shit in the last CL, but now look like potential contenders to be champions with pretty much the same team

Suen

He's definitely gone. Only thing that could save him would be if Florentino is too cheap to pay him off. I hope not, Mourinho has a real desire to stay and make double history by winning his 3rd CL with a different team AND winning the first 10th CL cup for a team. He'd be revered.
I wonder who would take over his position. There aren't exactly another Mou out there, not to say there aren't any good ones but I guess it might become a drastic change with the arrival of a new coach.

Hmm maybe...
_59849415_dimatteo_getty.jpg

Kidding :p It will be interesting to see how things change.

It's still surprising how Dortmund was absolute shit in the last CL, but now look like potential contenders to be champions with pretty much the same team

And that's still the biggest shit. We weren't shit, except for the Olympiacos away match (that was really bad) we played decent to good football. But the team and the coaches were missing CL experience and had a few fuck ups that cost us a few goals and points.

We have a very young and willing team that learned from the mistakes and is now able to deliver good football in the CL, too. Not really surprising to me to be honest.

Salvadora

Sorry I should have clarified, the English teams that don't just make up the numbers.

Have you watched Arsenal in the Champion's League? We make a good go of it every year, Milan away last year being excepted. United wouldn't have got further than us if they had to play Barcelona like us. Enjoy the Championship.

the arsenal from yesterday would destroy bayern's defense (when van buyten plays)
you guys are underestimating them

To be honest, I have no faith in Bayern after the CL Final, twats. I expect Arsenal to have more of a chance than the general consensus haves you believe.

I'm sure Robben will have 15 shots and 0 goals.

spidye

To be honest, I have no faith in Bayern after the CL Final, twats. I expect Arsenal to have more of a chance than the general consensus haves you believe.

I'm sure Robben will have 15 shots and 0 goals.

fortunately for us, robben will become a benchwarmer. Müller is too good and he'll never be benched when he plays like this

Kyoufu

Have you watched Arsenal in the Champion's League? We make a good go of it every year, Milan away last year being excepted. United wouldn't have got further than us if they had to play Barcelona like us. Enjoy the Championship.

Another trophy for us.

Another season of you charging fans 62 quid for tickets to watch Theo Walcott.

jtb

Banned

Yup. It's only the recent trend of always fucking playing Barcelona that has made us look bad, and, even then, we've fared far better against Pep's Barcelona than United ever did so... meh.

Granted, not holding my breath on the Bayern tie, but I think Bayern will be a bit rusty/complacent given they're coasting in the league right now and we'll have a chance. Not a big chance, but a chance.

Every year brother. My Dad is an Arsenal fan, I always support Arsenal in the Champions League.

This year I just can't see you progressing past Bayern, not winning the group was a sign it obviously isn't to be this year. Again.

Top Bottom