• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

the arsenal from yesterday would destroy bayern's defense (when van buyten plays)
you guys are underestimating them
Youre in for a pleasant surprise.

Arsenal don't play like that when it counts. Only against Spurs who themselves are even bigger bottlers.

fortunately for us, robben will become a benchwarmer. Müller is too good and he'll never be benched when he plays like this

wZXLDlj.jpg

spidye

Oh right is he injured or something?

My faith has grown.....what do you reckon you'll line up with?

he just got fit but you never know with robben

the team will probably look like this
neuer
lahm-van buyten-dante-alaba
martinez-schweinsteiger
müller-kroos-ribery
mandzukic(gomez)

van buyten will be our biggest problem. he's old, slow and played just one game this season.

I said it before and I'll say it again. he's the reason why we did not win one title last year. this year he learned not to make the same mistakes

Have you watched Arsenal in the Champion's League? We make a good go of it every year, Milan away last year being excepted. United wouldn't have got further than us if they had to play Barcelona like us. Enjoy the Championship.

When we come up against a good team though, we get thrashed :(

Salvadora

Yup. It's only the recent trend of always fucking playing Barcelona that has made us look bad, and, even then, we've fared far better against Pep's Barcelona than United ever did so... meh.

Granted, not holding my breath on the Bayern tie, but I think Bayern will be a bit rusty/complacent given they're coasting in the league right now and we'll have a chance. Not a big chance, but a chance.

I haven't got much hope for us against Bayern. I still think there is a chance but I'd honestly rather play Barcelona again. Bayern look more 'complete' if that makes any sense, and much more likely to tear us apart.
When we come up against a good team though, we get thrashed :(
I will never forget beating Barcelona at the Emirates.

dc89

Interesting opinion on the Txiki, Mancini and Soriano relationship here.

The Times have said Txiki has told Mancini City are to adopt a 4-3-3 style of football for next season and together they will sign some new players to fit that system. They also go on to say Soriano and Txiki want to sign young players with resale value, putting an end to Mancini's dream of signing De Rossi. They also say, and I quote, "Mancini is head coach in name only" now, with Txiki having a huge say over transfers and playing style.

Furthermore they say that City will release Kolo Toure in the summer. The future is uncertain at the club for Kolarov, Lescott, Dzeko and Balotelli. Many of the reserves will be sold or released.

And Sky Italia believe City have turned down a request from Juventus to take Balotelli on loan.

he just got fit but you never know with robben

the team will probably look like this
neuer
lahm-van buyten-dante-alaba
martinez-schweinsteiger
müller-kroos-ribery
mandzukic(gomez)

van buyten will be our biggest problem. he's old, slow and played just one game this season.

Does Gustavo play much? How come Van Buytens only played once but will most likely start?

Suen

That's right. Chelsea did it last year and they weren't even playing football.

We can do this
Right, they even did it with Torrens presence there, doesn't even matter if he's on the pitch or on the bench :p

We did good against West Ham and if we keep that form things could perhaps go well. Problem is that we're bring inconsistent as hell, to be more precise we suck ass against the bigger teams. Then in my very own personal opinion I feel like Podolski and Giroud are somewhat of a hit-and-miss. They are all fired up when things go well for them and deliver but when they are not they are freakin useless. Sometimes I don't even think about their presence on the pitch until the commentator mention their name. They need to push harder.

The Times have said Txiki has told Mancini City are to adopt a 4-3-3 style of football for next season and together they will sign some new players to fit that system. They also go on to say Soriano and Txiki want to sign young players with resale value, putting an end to Mancini's dream of signing De Rossi. They also say, and I quote, "Mancini is head coach in name only" now, with Txiki having a huge say over transfers and playing style.

Furthermore they say that City will release Kolo Toure in the summer. The future is uncertain at the club for Kolarov, Lescott, Dzeko and Balotelli. Many of the reserves will be sold or released.

And Sky Italia believe City have turned down a request from Juventus to take Balotelli on loan.
Who's written the story?

Sounds like bad news to me, always uncomfortable when the "DoF" starts to have so much influence.

spidye

The reason we didn't win a title was that we fucked it up. We were so dominant against Chelsea, there's really no excuse for not winning the match.

subbing müller, letting recently fit robben play the most important matches against dortmund, and the whole second part of the bundesliga when we played so shit that we even lost to basel. I blame him and only him.

dc89

Who's written the story?

Sounds like bad news to me, always uncomfortable when the "DoF" starts to have so much influence.

James Ducker.

I have a link to a picture of the sports page... but I don't know if that would fall under the scans rule so I better not post it in here.

Dzeko deserves to stay, I think he's the top scorer for the team right now

Feorax

Congratulations, you're officialy turning into Liverpool :).

spidye

Does Gustavo play much? How come Van Buytens only played once but will most likely start?

gustavo was awesome until he got injured and had to undergo surgery. he will be back for the second part of bundesliga but I think the arsenal game's too close to let him play. he needs more time to fully recover.
van buyten has to play since badstuber's out for the rest of the season after his cruciate injury and the red card for boateng which banned him for 2 matches. he was our 4th CB

dc89

Also guys, I was thinking. Before going to sleep tonight spare a thought for Sinclair. He left Swansea, a club where he played week in week out to join City where he has 6 league appearances this season.

Swansea are off to Wembley and he is not even playing these days. #prayforsinclair

GorillaJu

Good interview with our ex-doctor on Talksport talking about Torres' injuries.
Has there been any talk here of Coutinho? Don't feel like digging through the last 15 pages.

Looks like an 8m deal is close though. I hope Yurt is wrong about him. D:

Also guys, I was thinking. Before going to sleep tonight spare a thought for Sinclair. He left Swansea, a club where he played week in week out to join City where he has 6 league appearances this season.

Swansea are off to Wembley and he is not even playing these days. #prayforsinclair

moneygrabbing cunt

Feorax

Good interview with our ex-doctor on Talksport talking about Torres' injuries.

I heard a rumour a while back that no-one on our medical staff could believe he passed the medical at Chelsea.

Then again, old 'splodey knees passed too, so they obviously aren't that arsed .

3Sixty

Has there been any talk here of Coutinho? Don't feel like digging through the last 15 pages.

Looks like an 8m deal is close though. I hope Yurt is wrong about him. D:

@tancredipalmeri: Coutinho price fixed at 13m €,Inter trying to get it from Southampton as Liverpool never raised their 8m € bid.But player prefers Liverpool

K1LLER7

The world renowned physician spent two years with the club from 2010 to 2012 and dealt with the Spanish striker when he suffered knee problems.

But he reckons Torres, now struggling to regain his best form with Chelsea following a £50million move in January 2011, only lost his confidence when out of action – not his blistering pace and finishing skills which made him one of the world’s best forwards.

Brukner told Kick Off: “His injuries were reasonably serious. He had some knee problems. He had a number of arthroscopies in his knee and certainly his knee is not 100%.

“How much that is affecting his football is hard to say. On occasions you see some excellent play from Fernando.

“I think the timing was unfortunate. It happened at the end of the season just before the 2010 World Cup. He was obviously desperate to play at the World Cup and probably pushed things a little too hard.

“When he joined the Spanish team He probably got a bit overenthusiastic and pushed too hard too early, had a setback, then had a very disappointing World Cup even though he’s got a World Cup winners medal.

“He came back to Liverpool and wasn’t happy at Liverpool. He was very frustrated and basically I think he lost a lot of confidence. Whether that was partly related to his knee, whether he didn’t have 100% confidence in his knee, [I don’t know].

“The testing we did at Liverpool showed he was still the fastest player at the club when he was there. So I think a lot of it is confidence, confidence in his physical ability to do things and also confidence in his ability to do things mentally.

“Fernando Torres had had a dream life. He’d had a dream career. He’d never had a setback. Everything had gone so well.

“He’d gone from Atletico [Madrid] to Liverpool. He was a sensation when he came to Liverpool. It’s all about how you cope with setbacks and he had these injury setbacks and maybe some elite sports people aren’t conditioned to deal with them.

“The rest of us are used to setbacks and have them every day and maybe we get better at coping with setbacks than elite players.”

You'll do that to many more players over the years to fill your quotas.

....oh wait let me guess, amazing academy?

Timurid

I told De Rossi is coming to PSG! #BasedLeonardo!

All a case of #headsgone for Torres IMO.

No doubt injuries will have hampered him but you see him play and he hides. He hasn't got the appetite for the challenge anymore. He can't even seem to accept having competition in the side. It's ridiculous. Chelsea need to get rid.

Mancini not being sacked at the end of the season then?

yesjacknicholson.gif

Arnie

All a case of #headsgone for Torres IMO.

No doubt injuries will have hampered him but you see him play and he hides. He hasn't got the appetite for the challenge anymore. He can't even seem to accept having competition in the side. It's ridiculous. Chelsea need to get rid.

Just spent a good six minutes watching all his goals for Liverpool.

He's well and truly fucked it now, completely different player. Mentally combusted, forgotten how to play, not confident in his body or his ability. Needs to go back to Spain, spotlight has to shift momentarily. Never going to succeed at Chelsea, which makes me utterly content. He ruined all faith I have in footballers.

Apart from homegrown ones, of course.

Carbonox

Newcastle threatening legal action if Coloccini walks from the club. He did turn up at training today which was surprising though.

arkon

Just spent a good six minutes watching all his goals for Liverpool.

He's well and truly fucked it now, completely different player. Mentally combusted, forgotten how to play, not confident in his body or his ability. Needs to go back to Spain, spotlight has to shift momentarily. Never going to succeed at Chelsea, which makes me utterly content. He ruined all faith I have in footballers.

Apart from homegrown ones, of course.

Oh man. I remember when he was bullying the likes of Vidic and Terry. Some of the link-up play between him and Gerrard as well. Glorious.

Top Bottom