• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

GorillaJu

Good. It's about time we stopped being given the run around when negotiating a transfer. Also I know there are some top players in Serie A but I wouldn't bother dealing with Italian clubs. They all adopt the greedy as fuck when selling, Oh we have no money how about a loan when buying.

Cunts.

Oh well. If this is the case, then we'll probably go back to Ince instead in the summer, though the Echo seemed to believe that neither transfer precludes the other.

ShogunX

Oh well. If this is the case, then we'll probably go back to Ince instead in the summer, though the Echo seemed to believe that neither transfer precludes the other.

It's never nice when linked with a player that you fail to end up securing but in the case of Coutinho I'm not sure he's what we need anyway. Rodgers talked about having experience in the squad yet we are in for an unproven youngster for a decent chunk of change.

dc89

Oh really? That's good to know. You sometimes wonder with these young lads coming down from the Premiership how they'd cope with the more.. "industrial" nature of the lower divisions, but if he can handle himself then it sounds like we'll be fine.

I know little about him but what's been speculated on on our forums, he sounds like one hell of a player. We'll take good care of him!

How highly is Helan regarded at City? I love him. He looked a bit ropey at full back but he's a class act on the left side of midfield.

Yeah he's a good prospect. Helan along with Suarez, Lopes, Rekik (made PL debut the other week when he started a game), Razak (currently with Ivory Coast for ACoN) and Wabara are all good players who are on loan or have been loaned out recently, or they're ready for a loan.

Suarez would be on loan now I believe, but he got a nasty knee injury and has only recently started playing again.

Lopes - we paid £1m for him at the age of 16! Madness, but he is judged to be an incredible prospect.

ShogunX

Yeah he's a good prospect. Helan along with Suarez, Lopes, Rekik (made PL debut the other week when he started a game), Razak (currently with Ivory Coast for ACoN) and Wabara are all good players who are on loan or have been loaned out recently, or they're ready for a loan.

Suarez would be on loan now I believe, but he got a nasty knee injury and has only recently started playing again.

Lopes - we paid £1m for him at the age of 16! Madness, but he is judged to be an incredible prospect.

Are these lads all part of the Elite Development squad that got knocked out in the group stages of Next Gen?

Or are these the younger age group?

Arnie

Echo reporting Inter turned down our second bid - they also said earlier that we aren't looking to pay any more than that offer and it may be our last. Could be bad news on the Coutinho front.

I'm with Shogun; it's about time we stopped paying over the odds for players because other clubs demand it. We negotiate a price, and if the other club aren't willing to negotiate enough then we move on.

kharma45

Whats all this FIFA 13 PC chatter on the previous couple of pages? Wasn't sure how many PC gamers we had on Footy GAF.

I've got FIFA 12 on Origin but might get FIFA 13 at £18. Where can I get it for that?

My Origin ID is One_Love_1867 if anyone wants to add me. I'm also onelove1867 on Steam if anyone fancies some general PC gaming or something and fancies adding me there.

We've been playing clubs a lot over the last few days.

Ronaldo 2.0

Whats all this FIFA 13 PC chatter on the previous couple of pages? Wasn't sure how many PC gamers we had on Footy GAF.

I've got FIFA 12 on Origin but might get FIFA 13 at £18. Where can I get it for that?

My Origin ID is One_Love_1867 if anyone wants to add me. I'm also onelove1867 on Steam if anyone fancies some general PC gaming or something and fancies adding me there.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/ea-sp...9721-0a3328ca1f02&istItemId=qqpxmxaa&istBid=t

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/ea-sports-fifa-13-17106795-pdt.html

£16.97 there. Try both if one says it is out of stock. The download one for £18 you are talking about was a sale and has gone up again to £21.

Salazar

Anyone surprised?

ivzHBc7.png

Intellectual giant.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nile Ranger is being questioned on suspicion of rape.

Anyone surprised?

I'm surprised Newcastle have kept him on their books. Utter arsehole.

Souleymane Coulibaly has joined Serie B side US Grosetto on loan until the end of the season.

The young striker has previously been part of the youth team of Italian side AC Siena and was voted Ivory Coast's Young Player of the Year for 2011 after securing the golden boot at the Under-17 World Cup with nine goals - equalling the tournament record.

Interesting. This boy was the next African wonderkid not that long ago, when I've seen him for our youth teams he always looked a little rough around the edges. Hopefully regular league minutes (OK it's Serie B lol) will do him good.

Henderson pass % is crap though, the truly defining stat.

Wenger saying clubs should be limited to 2 transfers is surely one of the most stupid and desperate things he has ever said. What a clown.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pass percentages from the weekend:

Henderson: 89%
Cleverley: 74%

True definition.

To be fair Cleverley was playing a top 4 side away. Henderson was playing a bottom-feeder at home.

Henderson has been quite good recently though, at least Rodgers changed his mind after originally banishing him like the other Dalglish signings.

Arnie

To be fair Cleverley was playing a top 4 side away. Henderson was playing a bottom-feeder at home.

Henderson has been quite good recently though, at least Rodgers changed his mind after originally banishing him like the other Dalglish signings.

I was being facetious, really. I'm a big fan of both players.

I'm glad of the Henderson u-turn, too, he's got so much quality in his play and he's starting to show real confidence. I've never been down on the Henderson signing, to be honest, not like Carroll and Downing. For my mind, Henderson's always shown enough quality and potential, whereas Downing was shite for his age and Carroll's shite fullstop.

Over the season

Clev 91%
Henderson 85%

Lower than every main English CM apart from Lampard.

Maybe he's been sick though.
Where do you find full season stats?

I'm using Statzone on an individual game basis.

I was being facetious, really. I'm a big fan of both players.

I'm glad of the Henderson u-turn, too, he's got so much quality in his play and he's starting to show real confidence. I've never been down on the Henderson signing, to be honest, not like Carroll and Downing. For my mind, Henderson's always shown enough quality and potential, whereas Downing was shite for his age and Carroll's shite fullstop.

Where do you find full season stats?

I'm using Statzone on an individual game basis.
Yurts favourite site! Whoscored. It's really interesting.

On the "key passes" United don't have a player in the top 30 I don't think and the first two are RvP and Rooney. Says all you need to know about the midfield :(

Bumhead

Banned
And to think there was talk of us signing Ranger in the summer. Ugh.

Dodged a massive fucking bullet there. Good job Dave Jones has his head screwed on.

Arnie

Just before we have to go to Carrow Road as well.

all according to Hughtonkaku
It's great, because we shipped 10 goals past them this season, I can use Norwich as another false barometer for how good Liverpool actually are(n't).

Like, if you win one nil, then we're like five times as good as you, no matter what the result was when we played you.
Yurts favourite site! Whoscored. It's really interesting.

On the "key passes" United don't have a player in the top 30 I don't think and the first two are RvP and Rooney. Says all you need to know about the midfield :(
Thanks.

Can't believe the man, the myth, the legend (Carrick) isn't in that stat.

It's great, because we shipped 10 goals past them this season, I can use Norwich as another false barometer for how good Liverpool actually are(n't).

Like, if you win one nil, then we're like five times as good as you, no matter what the result was when we played you.

Thanks.

Can't believe the man, the myth, the legend (Carrick) isn't in that stat.
Nicky Shorey is like 2nd though, so yeah screw that stat.

madmackem

I'm surprised Newcastle have kept him on their books. Utter arsehole.

Interesting. This boy was the next African wonderkid not that long ago, when I've seen him for our youth teams he always looked a little rough around the edges. Hopefully regular league minutes (OK it's Serie B lol) will do him good.

He signed a 5 year deal in 2010 or 11, hes a complete and utter joke of a bloke. Its not even funny to poke fun at mags for having him on there books anymore as hes just a complete waste.

Top Bottom