• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Once AMD get the frame latencies sorted in the next driver or two they'll be unquestionably the better choice again unless you must have stuff like TXAA or Physx for some reason.

At least they didn't cripple their midrange cards with stupid memory buses :p

They draw you in with their value, but fuck you with their shitty drivers.

#teamgreen

Slizz

1359142354234.gif

Yikes. Great goal.

Kyoufu

Well they've better FPS, wider memory buses, more VRAM, better compute ability :p plus next gen consoles are all AMD based, future looks good :p plus they've started to muscle in on Nvidia's TWIMTBP with their Gaming Evolved program so there'll be fewer games that are tailored for Nvidia cards :p

And as I said, at least they didn't cripple their mid range cards :p

They may benchmark better, but at the end of the day, if your game doesn't run without driver issues then there's no point.

I'll take stability over anything.

kharma45

I'll be getting a 7950 because of kharma's propaganda

Good man :p
I still really like the 670.
They draw you in with their value, but fuck you with their shitty drivers.

#teamgreen

Pfft their drivers have been fine since AMD took over and moved them away from the monthly release cycle. The stigma attached to them now is mostly nonsense.

They may benchmark better, but at the end of the day, if your game doesn't run without driver issues then there's no point.

I'll take stability over anything.

Oh I agree that stability is key but they've very few driver issues now, no more than Nvidia do.

pulga

Banned
they're okay in their own right, i suppose! my sister adores them but rock music isnt my ... scene...

but i dont get the hate, is it a meme? like hating on them is cool but you actually really like them? iunno anymore! ;_;

but they have contributed a lot to the rock genre and are pretty much icons at this point. ^_^

Poor guys :( This is your fault, fry.

pulga

Banned
This is why I just console game. Can't be arsed to bother with your fucking graphic cards and drivers. Simple life for me, yo.

kharma45

To be fair, my FIFA stutters like mad without doing a fix an I have a 660ti. I really fucking need to get a new CPU though.

See, it happens to everyone! :p although mine has sorted itself out now ever since I just forced triple buffering.

Doesn't for me. NVIDIA MASTER CARD

Sorry guys, got sim city beta, not going to play anymore tonight!

Same, although mine is sitting decompressing and IT'S TAKING FUCKING FOREVER.

This is why I just console game. Can't be arsed to bother with your fucking graphic cards and drivers. Simple life for me, yo.

95% of the time there is no issues really :p get an Alienware X51 and pretend it's a console!

bjaelke

Tony Barrett on The Times - #LFC have made a final offer to Inter Milan for Coutinho but their bid has been restructured rather than raised
Tony Barrett - #LFC refuse to deviate from their £8 million valuation of the Brazil player.
#LFC's bid has not been increased but #LFC restructured it so Inter would get the majority of the fee being paid up front.
This is starting to get a bit complicated.

kharma45

Exactly.

A few extra pixels don't give me an erection.

What about lovely silky smooth frame rates? :p can't wait to eventually get round to trying 120Hz gaming.

You fuckers got Sim City beta! Cunts. I'm not going to play today I think anyway cause I want to watch the Giant Bomb live stream and then sleep!

Get it from Amazon.

This.

But I'd like to try some of the PC stuff. Why, oh, why can't some company make a box that does everything for you? :p

alienware_X51_01.jpg

Kyoufu

Oh I agree that stability is key but they've very few driver issues now, no more than Nvidia do.

I dunno man. I've never had driver issues with Nvidia but I always see people having AMD issues.

I've had this conversation before with AMD owners and it always ends up in them switching to Nvidia once they realise that I'm right :p

kharma45

I dunno man. I've never had driver issues with Nvidia but I always see people have AMD issues.

I've had this conversation before with AMD owners and it always ends up in them switching to Nvidia once they realise that I'm right :p

Come over to the 'I need a new PC' thread and we'll see :p

kharma45

It's ok. I'll play FIFA13 without stuttering.

<3

Mine doesn't any more <.<

So what is the best CPU to get currently? Also which is the best GPU to be able to play racing games and shit across three screens? Should I get 2 GPUs?

depends what you got to spend.

When is this coming out?

HNNNNGHHHH

Been out for ages :p http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472732

My Fifa doesn't stutter at all. Smooth as silk. I just can't play games on it right now :lol

Blame EA.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't understand how Villa are going to stay up. The cannot defend the most basic balls into the box.

Yen

hey guys who wants to play pc game with me. i want to play the same games as you get on consoles but you have to buy central processing units and garbage in garbage outs that cost more than the consoles its self. it's cool though, the extra money gets you an extra 15 frames.

Wes

venison crêpe
Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 0-4 Tottenham
Aston Villa 0-3 Wigan
Swansea 2-2 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 2-1 Ipswich
Bradford 3-1 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 0-1 Southampton
West Brom 2-2 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 2-1 Bradford (lost 3-4 on agg)
Millwall 2-1 Aston Villa

Last 6 weeks.

kharma45

hey guys who wants to play pc game with me. i want to play the same games as you get on consoles but you have to buy central processing units and garbage in garbage outs that cost more than the consoles its self. it's cool though, the extra money gets you an extra 15 frames.

PC gaming is cheap brah. You don't need fancy hardware and when you're paying sub £20 for most games on launch day the savings soon outweigh any upfront cost.

Top Bottom