• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Timurid

Psg_badge.png
Such a beautiful badge!!! <3333

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@2010MisterChip

POR 2-3 ECU (FT) - Ecuador es la PRIMERA selección de Sudamérica, al margen d Brasil o Argentina, q logra derrotar a Portugal. GRANDE LA TRI

Ecuador is the first South American nation other than Brazil or Argentina to beat Portugal.

@2010MisterChip

POR 2-3 ECU (FT) - Ecuador es la PRIMERA selección de Sudamérica, al margen d Brasil o Argentina, q logra derrotar a Portugal. GRANDE LA TRI

Ecuador is the first South American nation other than Brazil or Argentina to beat Portugal.

Portugal is shit. They let Kerzhakov score on them. Sign of anti-class if there ever was one.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
@2010MisterChip

It could have been 4-2 if it wasn't for Chucho's fault.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Did anyone see the Ghana v Burkina Faso game? Ref was clearly trying to fix the game for Ghana to win but couldn't manage to get it done. :lol Gave them a really soft penalty near the start of the game, denied Burkina Faso a penalty in normal time, denied them another in extra time then sent off their best player for 'diving' after he was clearly fouled. Still won on penalties. :)

Slizz

I should have listened to Footy-GAF. This loss is all on Klinsmann. His call-ups and tactics are absolutely ridiculous.

All he can do is develop, read any recent article on Klinsmann it's either about poor form or youth academies.

It doesn't help however we have glaring weaknesses that aren't easy to fill.

arkon

Georgie Welcome coming on for Carlos Costly. These names are amazing.

Honduras see it through to the end. Klinsmann lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Did anyone see the Ghana v Burkina Faso game? Ref was clearly trying to fix the game for Ghana to win but couldn't manage to get it done. :lol Gave them a really soft penalty near the start of the game, denied Burkina Faso a penalty in normal time, denied them another in extra time then sent off their best player for 'diving' after he was clearly fouled. Still won on penalties. :)

I saw the extra-time and shootout. I've never seen a decision as bad as the extra time yellow card for diving, that was a stonewall penalty and thanks to that dodgy referee the player will miss the final.

Ghana took the two worst spot kicks I have ever seen in a shootout and deserved to go out.

Nesotenso

I should have listened to Footy-GAF. This loss is all on Klinsmann. His call-ups and tactics are absolutely ridiculous.

All he can do is develop, read any recent article on Klinsmann it's either about poor form or youth academies.

It doesn't help however we have glaring weaknesses that aren't easy to fill.

more on the CBs.

Scum

I saw the extra-time and shootout. I've never seen a decision as bad as the extra time yellow card for diving, that was a stonewall penalty and thanks to that dodgy referee the player will miss the final.

Ghana took the two worst spot kicks I have ever seen in a shootout and deserved to go out.

I know. :-(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What does this mean for the US?
Losing at San Pedro Sula isn't unexpected; it's a difficult locale. The problem is that Klinsmann's game hasn't improved at all since he took over. Oh, but keep living off those friendly victories that were won by bunkering and getting smash and grab goals. Quite the displays of football!

Zabojnik

Celtic bought the ref, they wanted Ghana to win so Asamoah (who was completely invisible today, btw) would play in the final and skip Celtic - Juve.

Out of interest did anyone see the Nick Harris article in the mail last week about the Venkys?

Seems like he's got some real dirt on the takeover and is waiting to blow it out of the water

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
@SamiMokbel81_DM
Uh oh! Theo Walcott has just limped through the mix zone at Wembley. Just a slight hobble, mind. #AFC

WALCOTT PLS

QNO3U.gif

He played pretty well tonight against a rubbish defender, but he looked dangerous. Arsenal can't afford to lose him for too long, they don't have the same goal threat with Gervinho or Chamberlain out there.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
wtf the nads....lost to honduras!? why! where's landycakes? what's up his butt that klansmann didn't call him up?

Top Bottom