• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

Was just saying I have to get round to it. First I saw of him was in Parks and Rec, and I've seen three of his stand ups and I just think he's incredible. Such a good writer. I might watch an episode or two of Louie after this actually.

louie really shows off his range as a writer, it's very impressive. the first season is good but also sort of him finding his ground, then i think seasons 2 and 3 are something really special.

Wilbur

Banned
so glad wegner turned down madrid

8 years of no trophies would be too much for me take, wegner would probably get sacked after 2 years lol madrid won't tolerate that

Mourinho's going to be sacked after one

Del Bosque got sacked after winning the CL LOOOOOOL

Wilbur

Banned
no that was current bayern manager who got sacked after winning cl iirc

Oh, you're right. Still treated VDB like shit:

In his four seasons in charge, Del Bosque ushered the club through its most successful spell in modern history, having steered the club to two UEFA Champions League titles in 2000 and 2002, two domestic La Liga titles in 2001 and 2003, a Spanish Supercup in 2001, a UEFA Super Cup in 2002, the Intercontinental Cup in 2002 as well as finishing in the last four of the UEFA Champions League every year he was in charge.

Shockingly, Real Madrid decided not to renew Del Bosque's contract in 2003, just a day after he won the club its 29th Liga title and a week after the club signed David Beckham.

GorillaJu

Cute is someone I would like to date and eventually develop a long-lasting relationship with. Hot is someone I want to straight-up smang.

A girl like that puts me through a range of emotions I can't possibly limit to one specific unspeakably pathetic thing I'd do. On the one hand I could be a classy gentleman, comb my mustache and wear a bowtie and my best cumberbund while I fuck her gently and sip caviar-flavored champagne. On the other hand I wouldn't be above cleaning the bed sheets afterward with my tongue.

TrueBlue

My top ten, in no particular order

Pulp Fiction
Die Hard
The Lion King
The Dark Knight
Star Wars Episode V
The Raid
Toy Story 3
Shrek 2
Skyfall
Iron Man

Not necessarily the ten best I've ever seen, mind.

jtb

Banned
That's a pretty huge aside for many.

It was a joke. (oh god i made a child rape joke)

No denying what the man did was disgusting, and then to flee the country was even worse. But there's also no denying that Polanski has made some great films over the years.

arkon

No denying what the man did was disgusting, and then to flee the country was even worse. But there's also no denying that Polanski has made some great films over the years.

It's just one of those cases where I have trouble separating his work from his actions/personal life now.

pulga

Banned
That's Madrid for ya. It's why I'm hesitant to call for Mourinho's head. I'd like a steady manager for fucking once.

Timurid

That's Madrid for ya. It's why I'm hesitant to call for Mourinho's head. I'd like a steady manager for fucking once.

He is leaving and you guys are going to get Redknapp.

Harry-Redknapp-002.jpg

Losing to a Mexican team. Fuck you Bogotá

Columbia es basura.

Get that in your head!

GorillaJu

I really can't stand how every instance of statutory rape carries the word "rape" and especially when it's accompanied by "child." The connotations brought by those words really underminds the actual implications of the crime.

There is a mental illness that afflicts people where they are physically attracted to prepubescent children – some people act on this and do unspeakable acts, sometimes violent. This is child rape.

The media and culture at large widely portrays teenage girls as nubile, sexual beings. There are also varying degrees of development for people (boys and girls) between 13-19 – I have 14 y/o students who you'd be forgiven for assuming they're 20, and 17 y/o's you'd think were still in grade school.

I have sympathy for people like Roman Polanski. If my understanding of the story is correct, he had no reason to believe she was underage. I dated a girl in Korea, reluctantly, who claimed she was 20 (age of consent in Korea) and I'd never have known she was actually 16 if I'd never have seen her on another day by pure coincidence in the mall wearing her school uniform without her usual make-up.

I suspect most people in this thread take a hard line stance on the issue though I think it's much more complicated and "grey" than people are comfortable with

Wilbur

Banned
I really can't stand how every instance of statutory rape carries the word "rape" and especially when it's accompanied by "child." The connotations brought by those words really underminds the actual implications of the crime.

There is a mental illness that afflicts people where they are physically attracted to prepubescent children – some people act on this and do unspeakable acts, sometimes violent. This is child rape.

The media and culture at large widely portrays teenage girls as nubile, sexual beings. There are also varying degrees of development for people (boys and girls) between 13-19 – I have 14 y/o students who you'd be forgiven for assuming they're 20, and 17 y/o's you'd think were still in grade school.

I have sympathy for people like Roman Polanski. If my understanding of the story is correct, he had no reason to believe she was underage. I dated a girl in Korea, reluctantly, who claimed she was 20 (age of consent in Korea) and I'd never have known she was actually 16 if I'd never have seen her on another day by pure coincidence in the mall wearing her school uniform without her usual make-up.

I suspect most people in this thread take a hard line stance on the issue though I think it's much more complicated and "grey" than people are comfortable with

Mm, he did a tad more than what you said. It's a little more grey than a lot of people would like to admit, but he did ply her with alcohol. I don't think she was as resistant as she first made out, but he certainly took advantage of his power and having her in a position which he could take control of.

And then the fucker ran off. I can separate the artist from the person though, no problem.

MPW

3 years at madrid = 6 years somewhere else lol

im actually surprised he lasted 3 years

I wouldn't mind seeing current bayern manager back @ madrid

Madrid sacked Capello a day or two after he won the league because Madrid's football wasn't attractive enough.

and getting knocked out in cl round of 16 didn't help his cause

Wilbur

Banned
I usually can and do. This is just one of those cases where it's difficult.

I suppose for me, someone like Chris Brown makes god-awful fucking music, like ear shattering cunt music. So I can say "he's shit, and he beats up women!"

But with Polanski I can say "he did this, but he also makes great movies", which is wrong I suppose, its bias on the side of the one I prefer... but I dunno.

jtb

Banned

While I see where you're coming from, she was 13. And he drugged her. And she said "no" repeatedly. So it's not just a case of underage sex (though that's eventually what he was convicted for, through a plea bargain), this really was a case of child rape. Even if it was slightly grey since she was sexually mature and at a party with Hollywood elites (really really shitty parenting, no doubt). But then he also pulled the "it's not rape if you enjoyed it!" defense and fled the country, both of which are indefensible imo. If you're going to take a plea deal, at least fucking see out your sentence.

Polanski's not a pedophile, but it's a bit more clear cut than you're suggesting imo.

edit: having said all that, I do prescribe to the whole separating the artist from the art. You have a relationship with the art, not the artist. Now, supporting that artist's work economically—that's a totally different issue. Though you can always get around that by using the library.

Wilbur

Banned
laudrup it is then

i don't want benitez or mancini @ madrid

From Swansea to Madrid is a pretty huge jump :lol

I have a feeling its going to be Benitez. Maybe someone should take a punt on Raymond Domenech, he was the greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom