• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Portugal wins Messi would beat the lil children he keeps working in his sweat shop located in his house's basement so... Ronaldo would probably do it for the children.

feel

Portugal is scared of Spain. Argentina might make it though. Si nos vemos las caras Colombia can beat Argentina
Portugal (as forever losers as we are) is like the only team NOT scared of Spain and that actually gives them some trouble in tournaments.

arkon

Or a different scenario, Messi gets injured in the group stage, out for 3 months, Argentina end up winning World Cup without him playing.

Messi wins world cup from the bench and confirms his GOAT status.

And he's in a wheelchair. His Argentina teammates are wheeling him in circles around Ronaldo who's in tears, on his knees and looking to the heavens.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well, that's that. Finishing could be a lot better, but I'm not disappointed with this result. The guys started to regulate themselves during the second half and that led to some unwarranted scares, but I don't think we need to worry about the defence just yet.
Porque no

Can't wait till we destroy the rest of South America
Because you totally obliterated Argentina last time you played them in Barranquilla. Oh wait.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Well, that's that. Finishing could be a lot better, but I'm not disappointed with this result. The guys started to regulate themselves during the second half and that led to some unwarranted scares, but I don't think we need to worry about the defence just yet.

Because you totally obliterated Argentina last time you played them in Barranquilla. Oh wait.

We had a shit 1980's coach and barely lost to Kun and Messi goals. Then our first match with our new coach was against some mierda team de CONCALAFF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_6ArOlazoM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AndresON777

shooting blanks
No tears for Chivas, only seething boiling hatred at the owner. I might develop some pressure problems in the future.

I take solace in the fact that it could be worse. I could be an Arsenal fan.

You're adorable. I can't wait for a Mexico - Colombia friendly. We're going to beat you 5-1

It takes a lot of effort to make someone root against a footballing minnow like Colombia but you know what, I think Andres has succeeded.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
It takes a lot of effort to make someone root against a footballing minnow like Colombia but you know what, I think Andres has succeeded.

cunMaXK_zps67e9b8fe.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Regulus, would you like to have Chivas playing the Muy X cup?
We already have problems preparing for one match a week, fuck no. Our player pool is scarce, and the few good guys in the youth systems are busy being called up for the respective national teams. There were four on the bench in tonight's game vs Curaçao, for instance.

Arsenal.
XZKGgIs.png

Frys weekly Bayern inferiority complex shining through and as usual resolving to calling everyone else biased.
q8YOkfG.png

Salazars post when I got banned.
yLdmy54.png

Spent half the day getting paid for the most awesome thing ever, playing around in this huge hall full of stuff, mostly consisted jumping head first into a pool of foam from a trampoline.

Zabojnik

Welcome back, secret Juve admirer! <3

This arrived today, just in time for the long weekend.

For some retarded reason they're releasing the EU version on the 4th of March, so I decided to import. Got it for 28 EUR (shipping included) on Amazon.com. It would have cost me twice as much on Amazon.co.uk. How is this shit even legal?

Welcome back, Gazbro! I'm disappointed though, I thought that when you got banned that it would be for something glorious. Instead it was like when they got Al Capone on tax evasion.

Blackhead

Redarse
Arsène Wenger concedes trophy hopes after Bayern Munich defeat | The Guardian

Wenger, bristling in the build-up, was left crestfallen in defeat, leaving the touchline on the final whistle without shaking hands with the Bayern manager, Jupp Heynckes or any of his coaching staff, and spending 25 minutes after the match sitting alone in the dressing room. By the time he did emerge to conduct his post-match duties, realisation had set in that it may now be "easier" to reach the top four – Arsenal are fifth in the Premier League, four points behind Tottenham Hotspur – to qualify for next season's competition rather than make the last eight this time around.​

ugh. *shaking my head*

Zabojnik

Milan-Barca, then PS4. I'm taking a day off from work. Mostly just because I can and Wilbury can't, but in part for that too. Feels good mang.

Kenka

It's never late for a Bayern party!!

btw, a game likes yesterdays shows why we spent 40m &#8364; on martinez. what a great performance. really really great.
I agree and on the other side, they have taken advantage of the relatively low transfer fees within the Bundesliga : Mandzu cost peanuts just like van Buyten and Dante. I want to see Emre Can in the return leg also please.

Suen

Arsène Wenger concedes trophy hopes after Bayern Munich defeat | The Guardian

Wenger, bristling in the build-up, was left crestfallen in defeat, leaving the touchline on the final whistle without shaking hands with the Bayern manager, Jupp Heynckes or any of his coaching staff, and spending 25 minutes after the match sitting alone in the dressing room. By the time he did emerge to conduct his post-match duties, realisation had set in that it may now be "easier" to reach the top four – Arsenal are fifth in the Premier League, four points behind Tottenham Hotspur – to qualify for next season's competition rather than make the last eight this time around.​

ugh. *shaking my head*

The "leave without shaking hands" thing happen all the time in football, whether because of stress, pressure or emotions, it's understandable but I still think it's quite a shitty attitude to not shake hands after the game is over. Also Wenger sitting alone for 25 minutes is the perfect description of the atmosphere currently surrounding Arsenal and the Emirate Stadium.

Salazar

But he said: ‘It’s not true. Everyone knows I’m happy at the club. I’ve had a lot of injuries but I’ve never let the smile go from my face. I try to help the team all the time.
‘When I want to leave I will have to talk to the boss first. I don’t have any issues.

‘The only places you could go to from here are Real Madrid and Barcelona. You can't have another choice. The level at Manchester United is so big. You come here and you are definitely going to win titles. I have won the Premier League three times. I have won the Champions League once and lost two finals. I have always been there.’

Hey Ando. You're not too good for QPR, lad.

Suen

I am a more relaxed coach than Mourinho, says Del Bosque

La Rojas' boss has drawn a comparison between himself and the 'Special One', and believes that the Portuguese takes a more aggressive approach while in charge of a team

Spain coach Vincente Del Bosque feels he is a more relaxed type of coach than Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho.

The Liga champion currently sits third in the table, 16 points behind leader Barcelona, and some critics have doubted the former Chelsea boss's approach in coaching los Blancos.

"[When managing a team], several factors must be taken into account, such as character and personality. I’m a more relaxed person [than Mourinho]," the 62-year-old told Marca.

Del Bosque to replace Mourinho.

Real Madrid are my 'sweetheart', claims Chelsea interim boss Benitez

"Real Madrid have a determined manager with a contract and this deserves respect. As a manager, you always have your sweetheart. I have a link with the fans and they have treated me well.

"I arrived at [Real] Madrid when I was 13-years-old and I'm from Madrid. But I don’t want to get involved in this speculation because my words aren't always interpreted."

Benitez to replace Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom