• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
He is at it again, said Milan is his second favourite team and he loves them :lol

Puyol wants to be Maldini. Too bad he never will.

benfica-milan-maldini-rui-costa_diaporama.jpg

FootballFan

More like from Juve to Inter or from Lazio to Roma. Juve and Milan have a bumpy relationship, but they generally respect one another. There was no public uproar when Davids and Inzaghi changed sides. Same with Pirlo, more or less. If it were Del Piero and Maldini, well, that would be another story, but Lewandowski doesn't exactly strike me as a fedelissimo. He seems more of a fried pecho.

Yep, it always depends who is leaving lol. Saviola leaving to Madrid was a non-issue. Figo on the other hand..

Kenka

A propos Benfica : everyone and their mothers have praised Saviola, Aimar, Coentrao, Luisao and Di Maria for keeping the club afloat but they always forget to drop a line for the greatest striker the club has had since Nuno Gomes:

One of my favourite players. When he leaves Benfica I will shed a manly tear.

edit: beaten like a fished salmon.

rvy

Banned
A propos Benfica : everyone and their mothers have praised Saviola, Aimar, Coentrao, Luisao and Di Maria for keeping the club afloat but they always forget to drop a line for the greatest striker the club has had since Nuno Gomes:

edit: beaten like a fished salmon.

Kenka is my favorite poster.

Drunk Colombian es basura.

cardozoikia3.gif

Zabojnik

We were linked to him this past summer. He really impressed me in that Juve - Benfica friendly. Great striker.

Kenka

Kenka is my favorite poster.

Drunk Colombian es basura.
Nice. (Poor Andres) :p

Zabojnik, you got Llorente instead and you really couldn't have gone wrong in either case, congrats for the done deal.
Cardozo in Munich would have been great too but Mandzu is on par so no real reason to regret.

Is it OK to like Porto, Sporting Lisbon and Benfica?
You opened a can of worms. No, you can't.

Kenka

Fuck all portugese clubs and their south american wankers. They can't train their own players.
True. Their last great propsect is keeping Sporting's goal, and that's pretty telling.
Portugal and France had caught lightning in a bottle regarding youth development and wanked it away God knows how.
No real good guy born after 1987 (except Coentrao) but their clubs are faring better.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
True. Their last great propsect is keeping Sporting's goal, and that's pretty telling.
Portugal and France had caught lightning in a bottle regarding youth development and wanked it away God knows how.
No real good guy born after 1987 (except Coentrao) but their clubs are faring better.

I hope Colombia gets Deutschland in Brasil. You couldn't beat us in Italia and now our team is unstoppable.

FootballFan

I hope Colombia gets Deutschland in Brasil. You couldn't beat us in Italia and now our team is unstoppable.

Andres stop acting like Colombia is all that lol. Germany would destroy them(if the match was before the semi's).

James, Jackson, Falcao etc wouldn't be able to get past Winston Reid either mate.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Andres stop acting like Colombia is all that lol. Germany would destroy them(if the match was before the semi's).

James, Jackson, Falcao etc wouldn't be able to get past Winston Reid either mate.

James, Jackson, Falcao

You said it mate. Wait till we crush Argentina in Buenos Aires

Kenka

In comparison to Belgium, you guys have digested the Bosman's agreement rather well although you also suffered from the disparity in revenue linked to TV rights ensuing. That was great.

But that brings me to what hasn't worked well: management. You guys could have sit on Europe's throne for a longer time during the early 90's if you had made better business decisions (for ex., you could have built the New Luz way sooner and bound ties with the Brasilian Serie A to get the likes of Romario, Jorginho and Ronaldo). This would have made your success sustainable. Also, the corruption in the league has played a role in it lagging behind in Europe just like it did in Italy where the big teams were favoured making them less competitive on the long run.

I can, because I do

nnfLxOn.jpg
009wtf.gif

Salazar

Lucy Bannerman ‏@Lbannermantimes
Revelation that witness who said she heard an argument before the shooting, lives 600m from #Pistorius's house. Gasps+laughter from court.

fuuck

Prosecution is straight-up falling to bits

And the "testosterone" they found is just herbal shit

rvy

Banned
In comparison to Belgium, you guys have digested the Bosman's agreement rather well although you also suffered from the disparity in revenue linked to TV rights ensuing. That was great.

But that brings me to what hasn't worked well: management. You guys could have sit on Europe's throne for a longer time during the early 90's if you had made better business decisions (for ex., you could have built the New Luz way sooner and bound ties with the Brasilian Serie A to get the likes of Romario, Jorginho and Ronaldo). This would have made your success sustainable. Also, the corruption in the league has played a role in it lagging behind in Europe just like it did in Italy where the big teams were favoured making them less competitive on the long run.

Have I told you how you are my favorite poster yet?
The New Luz was a mistake though, it should have never been built. They could have just overhauled the old stadium and be done with it. New stadium is shit. No magic.

8124_ori_luz86pb9.jpg

luz_1334113qkc.jpg

Absolutely agree on everything else. But when you say 90s, I could argue 60s. How they didn't win every single final they got to is mind-boggling. Getting to 5 finals in a decade and winning 2 is fucking ridiculous.

Artur Jorge and Damásio killed Benfica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom