• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

Have I told you how you are my favorite poster yet?
The New Luz was a mistake though, it should have never been built. They could have just overhauled the old stadium and be done with it. New stadium is shit. No magic.

8124_ori_luz86pb9.jpg

luz_1334113qkc.jpg

Absolutely agree on everything else. But when you say 90s, I could argue 60s. How they didn't win every single final they got to is mind-boggling. Getting to 5 finals in a decade and winning 2 is fucking ridiculous.

Artur Jorge and Damásio killed Benfica.
I am glad :p I think the Portuguese league is a bit too low profile on GAF, those guys are on the verge of passing Serie A for instance. I am glad to contribute to some sane discussion about the league. And I favour Benfica in Portugal also.

About your second point, I don't know Damasio but I remember Artur Jorge, he was shit everywhere he went to. He wasn't as bad as Jesualdo Ferreira though.

I just bought WWE SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain on PS2. Such a great game. I hope my PS3 still works lol

edit: apart from when someone would just assault you backstage, steal your belt and automatically become champion. Other than that it was brilliant.

Salazar

^

You're on twitter?

I just follow journalist bozos and abuse them from time to time.

Mark Froggatt ‏@Mark_Froggatt
Breaking: David Gill will step down as chief executive of #Mufc with effect from 30 June 2013. Ed Woodward will take over the role.

Vale, Gillgamesh

u wound up the scouser filth good and proper

a fine career to look back on

Arnie

This Soriano business is pathetic.

Few things in the world as incomprehensibly dull as Barcelona's internal political strife.

Gill gone, good. Downfall begins with Wood.

“I hope that the decision he has made will be to the benefit of the game in Europe as a whole, as he seeks election to UEFA’s Executive Committee

Rooney pen top scorer in 2013/14 Champion League confirmed

Salazar

I'll cut you some slack for underestimating Woodward, Arnie.

But he is clearly a rumbustious titan of a man.

a3fhi1kceai0gj3qdf88.png

Gill/Shadowthrone is gonna tweak FFP for us.

rvy

Banned
I am glad :p I think the Portuguese league is a bit too low profile on GAF, those guys are on the verge of passing Serie A for instance. I am glad to contribute to some sane discussion about the league. And I favour Benfica in Portugal also.

<3

About your second point, I don't know Damasio but I remember Artur Jorge, he was shit everywhere he went to. He wasn't as bad as Jesualdo Ferreira though.
Damásio took over after president Jorge Brito left in the beginning on the year, in the 94/95 season. He hired Artur Jorge after the season was over, who went to destroy a team that had won the league and got to the Cup Winners' Cup semi-finals.
Damásio left after 2 seasons and then came in Vale e Azevedo. We all know how that went. The only good thing he did was give Mourinho his first head coach job.

Jesualdo Ferreira is shit, he's the reason why Mourinho didn't return to Benfica and went to Porto instead.

Salazar

We can't. We'll fade to Liverpool-esque levels of obscurity whilst we all pretend we still matter.

lol

Never. Redcafe is full of bozo filth, though. Some of them have sunk so low that they have no right to laugh at RAWK, which is an appalling state to get into.

Random tumblr find

hTv9d5r.jpg

Why the fuck Chelsea and Real Madrid are borderline cases, I dunno

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Steffen Freund is so cool.

n8ph.gif

Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond were such passionless old farts.

I have a feeling your going to be paying Frogson until the day he croaks. Honorary non-executive presidential chairman of directors or something like that.
NQAT.

Think Woodward will take over negotiation duties too?

Might be a few difficulties at the start.
He already does alot of work at the club. From what I understand he is behind most of the commercial deals. Always does all the official club conference calls too, led the roadshow before the IPO etc.

Bound to take charge of negotiations with regards to transfers but I would guess he was already heavily involved over the last few years.

Main "concern" would be his relationship with Fergie which Tariq Panja raises. Good point. But Fergie isn't around for much longer now anyway.

I wonder sometimes if Steffen Freund actually has any input in the side. I have this theory that his unofficial position is head cheerleader, not that I mind that.

Lack of Zenit needs amending.

Would've won £27 if Malaga had beaten Porto.

Optimistic, like.

The trick is to wait until HT and look at the current scores and stats. Porto, for example, seemed to be on top judging from their stats and their odds were 1/1. Do that with three teams, and you win a decent amount. I made my bet at HT

Right now I just won £1 after staking 50p on some Australian side that were being held but were pumping shots on target. They finally scored.

To watch the stats, go to bet365.com

Bloody hell reading that statement.

"Like the banner says, it's more than a religion" - Gill

"David has honesty and integrity" - Fergie

"He has done great work on and off the field" - Glazer

Get fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom