• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Well fuck I don't know who I want then.

Can we have Klopp? He seems awesome ;_;

Why would I waste my time asking for a coach for that shitty club -___-

Nah its ok.

As jtb pointed out, Madrid have a good academy already in place. Wenger would only have to refine whats already in place. TBH I think Arsenals academy hasn't really produced because Wenger spent years trying to change it into something better.

Madrid also aren't afraid to spend large sums of money when necessary. I think Arsene would do well at Madrid.

Timurid

Mourinho wants to be the best. You do not become the best by rotting in Ligue 1.

I don't even know if you believe everything you say in this newly-found shtick anymore.

Mourinho is going back to the EPL.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Sorry Timurid, but nobody will ever care about Ligue 1
HatersGonnaHatePanda.jpg

This always bothers me.

Wenger really hasn't done much with Arsenals academy. He buys youngsters at 17/18 and puts them in the reserves or the first team. Very, very few academy players have actually made the step up to regular first team level.

He's excellent at nurturing young talent. They usually don't come from Arsenal's academy though.
Talking about youth development, here is a great PDF that gives info about various club's youth academies in europe.

http://www.ecaeurope.com/Global/Research/ECA Report on Youth Academies.pdf

So who we think is going to win PFA Player of the Year this season?

RVP again? Mata? Suarez?

Van Persie or Bale

If the media don't go on about you, you have no chance. And Mata only gets the plaudits he's earned immediately after games in which he's scored

And Suarez could score 40 league goals and he wouldn't win it

Since Giggs won it, I'm not really too bothered. That was a complete joke tbh

Timurid

Leonardo? He's like Vieira at City, glorified mascot with a ridiculously fat paycheck. We already know he's a terrible manager so I dunno where he'd go.

I highly doubt Mournho will go to Paris. He'll probably set his sights on building another lasting PL team.

Mourinho will come to PSG and wait when SAF retires then go to utd.

Plus, Mourinho has a lot of funds available for him at PSG already. Plus, PSG already has a solid core.

Clegg

RVP or Bale, I think. Especially since the voting is relatively early in the season, iirc.

Suarez won't get it and Suarez doesn't deserve it.
A lot of the POTY discussion hinges around this.

If the awards were held in May then we'd see different results imo.

But as it stands right now I'd go for one of Suarez, RVP or Bale.

Van Persie or Bale

If the media don't go on about you, you have no chance. And Mata only gets the plaudits he's earned immediately after games in which he's scored

Bale for Young Player of the Year

balelaughing38oce.png

I read on twitter just now that anyone 23 at the start of the season is eligible.

edit: lol so Walcott could still win

pulga

Banned
Mourinho will come to PSG and wait when SAF retires then go to utd.

Plus, Mourinho has a lot of funds available for him at PSG already. Plus, PSG already has a solid core.

Pep goes to Bayern to wait while SAF retires.

Mourinho is gonna go to PSG to wait while SAF retires.

WHAT IF SAF NEVER RETIRES. WHAT THEN TIMERDA

faridmon

Everton just don't have the squad depth. Most of your players will be dead tired near the season end.

I think this is more likely. We do seem to rely on certain players and tend not to perform well when they are not. See Gibson, Baines, any striker, etc...
I have some faint hope that some players will do the job when recalled and do it as good as the first batch of players. Oviedo, Hiitzelberger,
Barkely

Tc91

How did you guys figure out the potential return? Manual maths? Fuck that :p

It's a promotion Coral ran. Guess X amount of games for 1 million quid.

Coral ‏@Coral
From over 72,000 entrants we have one lucky punter left in our Win a Million competition! Just two Correct Scores away from £1,000,000!

Meier

I might as well post it before dc does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkiPdNw1Q4I

Hah, I went through the last few pages to check and see if it had been posted and I finally catch up and you just beat me to it! Whoever is wearing the mascot head is an impressive dancer!

I only recognize Joe Hart on the training bike.

Joe is talking to Sinclair, Dzeko is on his other side. Micah Richards is stepping up and down in the foreground, JM7 is stretching and I think that's Lescott getting stretched? Kolarov is there in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom