• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viktoria Plzeň Fenerbahçe
Benfica Bordeaux
Anzhi Makhachkala Newcastle United
Stuttgart Lazio
Tottenham Hotspur Internazionale
Levante Rubin Kazan
Basel Zenit St. Petersburg
Steaua București Chelsea

I expect Chelsea to finally go down, and Levante will probably beat Kazan.

Edit: Only one german team, shame on germany

Suen

Barca - 961 touches in the game, only 11 in Milan's box. Not good enough :(

rdArvBD.jpg

Tried my best :/

Wes

venison crêpe
Apologies is this was posted earlier.

Jeff Stelling's popular Soccer Saturday show will become more high profile next season when the broadcast will include the live 5.30pm match.

The plan is for Stelling to anchor it throughout. It will also save Sky Sports, who face serious competition next season from new Premier League rights holder BT, the costs of a full production from a stadium on Saturdays.

BT has secured 38 matches, which most tellingly include the first-choice package of matches.

Sky will broadcast 116 matches from the middle range of match-choice options.

Sports Agenda revealed on Tuesday that Rio Ferdinand, whose Manchester United contract expires at the end of the season, has been offered the opportunity to become BT Sport’s main football pundit.

I'm quite interested in BT's offering to be honest.

choodi

Banned
Very happy that Newcastle were able to overcome the frustration of two perfectly good goals being disallowed in the first leg.

Now on to Anzi Makhatchfuckingalphabet.

Russian-GAF, what are our chances?

faridmon

You made it difficult for all of us, but you did it, Zenit. You knocked the lowlifes vermins, that exists only to use oxygen and pollute us with their CO2 emmison, out.
Now pat yourself on the back and take another step forward by being not shit. Cheers!

Your not Liverpool, so good I reckon.

Kyoufu

Very happy that Newcastle were able to overcome the frustration of two perfectly good goals being disallowed in the first leg.

We'll poop all over them with Ben Arfa returning.

lol, just me, baby

Anzhi is very dangerous in attack with guys like Willian, Eto'o, Traore, Boussoufa, etc but Samba was a big loss for them so they'll definitely concede. I think Anzhi is the favourite but having the second leg at home could be huge for Newcastle.

Yeah, but no one actually listens to him, do they?
pfff, I called the 3-1 scoreline today

choodi

Banned
lol, just me, baby

Anzhi is very dangerous in attack with guys like Willian, Eto'o, Traore, Boussoufa, etc but Samba was a big loss for them so they'll definitely concede. I think Anzhi is the favourite but having the second leg at home could be huge for Newcastle.

pfff, I called the 3-1 scoreline today

I hope our defence can hold out. I think we will need an away goal if we have any chance of going through.

Suen

Pique: Maybe Barcelona aren't as good as people say

The defender was frustrated at the lack of focus shown by his side during their 2-0 Champions League defeat to AC Milan, but insists they will fight to turn the tie around
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique has lamented his side's midweek performance, suggesting that such displays belie the adulation they often receive.

The Liga leaders were defeated 2-0 in comfortable fashion by AC Milan on Wednesday, leaving them with a mountain to climb if they are to live up to their billing as favourites for the Champions League crown this season.

And Pique acknowledged that the display at San Siro was far below that which has become expected of the team in recent seasons.

The 26-year-old told reporters: "It's a very bad result. When they scored their first goal we lost focus. We have to improve, learn and wait for the return leg at the Camp Nou to qualify. Maybe we're not as good as everyone said.

"The San Siro is a tough stadium to play in and we know that Milan is a big club. We are Barcelona and we have to turn the tie around."

Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari struck second-half goals to secure an impressive win for the Rossoneri on the night.

Puyol slap some sense into this guy before it's too late.

I hope our defence can hold out. I think we will need an away goal if we have any chance of going through.

Oh I also forgot, UEFA doesn't let Anzhi play home games in Makhachkala so you'll be playing your away leg on an artificial pitch at the Luzhniki with 2000 people in the crowd. Dat Europa League atmosphere.

And Hiddink>Pardew, could be the decider.

Suen

Oh I also forgot, UEFA doesn't let Anzhi play home games in Makhachkala so you'll be playing your away leg on an artificial pitch at the Luzhniki with 2000 people in the crowd. Dat Europa League atmosphere.
:lol

Is it again because of the weather? Or for an entirely other reason?

Kyoufu

That's a good thing. No fierce atmosphere to contend with.

choodi

Banned

WTF?

And fuck the artificial pitch bullshit.

ShogunX

You made it difficult for all of us, but you did it, Zenit. You knocked the lowlifes vermins, that exists only to use oxygen and pollute us with their CO2 emmison, out.
Now pat yourself on the back and take another step forward by being not shit. Cheers

This honestly is some of the lowest quality trolling I have seen on Footy-Gaf. Liverpool have provided many a Lolerpool moment this season for everybody to laugh at and yet you have mustered up this shite.

Step up your game Faridmon. Even the Thursday night comment is awful when it comes from an Everton fan.

Why do that? He's such a great player but he just makes it impossible to like him.

Because on the pitch he's an absolute horrible cunt who will go to any length to get an advantage. His Wife often says in interviews that he's pretty much a modern day Jekyll and Hyde.

Apologies is this was posted earlier.

I'm quite interested in BT's offering to be honest.

I really really really hope it goes well for BT but these premium channels rarely do

I work for BT and have quite a few shares to cash in next year and I think te price may plummet if people don't take up the channels

faridmon

This honestly is some of the lowest quality trolling I have seen on Footy-Gaf. Liverpool have provided many a Lolerpool moment this season for everybody to laugh at and yet you have mustered up this shite.

Step up your game Faridmon. Even the Thursday night comment is awful when it comes from an Everton fan.

Meh, I am only imitating some of you here, because some your trolling have been terrible as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom