• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

It's up to how you define it.

Although, you should probably lay your bet now.

No takesie backsies!!

Well if Everton actually make it to the Champions League proper as in - They qualify for the group stages when the competition really starts I will have any EFC related avatar of Farid's choosing.

Doesn't even have to be this season either. Any season.

Clegg

Well if Everton actually make it to the Champions League proper as in - They qualify for the group stages when the competition really starts I will have any EFC related avatar of Farid's choosing.

Doesn't even have to be this season either. Any season.

That seems far enough.

Of course the bet is null and void if Farid doesn't take up on it.

ShogunX

That seems far enough.

Of course the bet is null and void if Farid doesn't take up on it.

I was only letting Farid choose because he's the only Everton sniff in here. If Farid doesn't choose then feel free to choose yourself.

I will keep the avatar for the whole of whichever season EFC qualify. I'm sure Arnie will do the same.

_66007870_66007869.jpg

lol

Tim Sherwood is looking straight ahead.

FootballFan

Player reaction(from TotalBarca) in case anyone is interested:

Dani Alves

“We have to be better competitors. We didn’t play a good game, we didn’t create goal scoring chances and that’s what you have to do to win.”

“It’s not that we played terribly after the first goal. We didn’t play well in general and that’s largely due to how well our rival played. We have to improve.”

“This is a difficult result. We have to fight back, go for the [return] game and work hard.”

Andrés Iniesta

“I don’t think this game was lost because of the small details. I think we lacked freshness, we didn’t create chances, and they were well organised. This is the Champions League.”

“We have to think about the return leg and make sure it turns out differently, we have to try and score from the first minute.”

Cesc Fàbregas

“We weren’t in our game physically, they were strong and it hurt us.”

“We’re Barça and we have to play at the highest level, we simply didn’t play a good match.”

Sergio Busquets:

“We’re very eager for the return leg so that we can turn this tie around.”

“It’s time to fight back. When you lose you always have to think about what went wrong and we have to prepare for the match as best as we can.”

Carles Puyol

“The worst thing about it all is the result, neither side really created that many chances.”

“It’s time to mount a comeback in front of our fans.”

“They were more aggressive, we have to improve in the return leg. We have to have confidence in this team, we can’t give up. We’re going to play at home in front of our fans, we aren’t going to give up.”

I asked last time and I don't think you answered! Who is Samedov and is he any good?

This guy.
samedov_1.jpg
Joined Loko this year from Dinamo

He led the league last year in assists and chances created. Great crosser of the ball, pretty fast, decent dribbler. I wish Capello would give him some more playing time in the national team, to be honest.

FootballFan

This guy.
samedov_1.jpg
Joined Loko this year from Dinamo

He led the league last year in assists and chances created. Great crosser of the ball, pretty fast, decent dribbler. I wish Capello would give him some more playing time in the national team, to be honest.

He was really awesome in FIFA for me, that is why I'm asking lol. Him on the right, Loskov behind N'Doye, and Obinna/Maicon on the left, unstoppable.

Clegg

I was only letting Farid choose because he's the only Everton sniff in here. If Farid doesn't choose then feel free to choose yourself.

I will keep the avatar for the whole of whichever season EFC qualify. I'm sure Arnie will do the same.

Fair enough.

I'm not sure if we have long enough memories though. Could be a long time before Everton qualify.

pulga

Banned
Honestly, nothing feels better than playing like shit and winning. Especially when we have a favorable matchup against Basel in the next round.

Oh and finally, I'd like to just say fuck you Arnie, enjoy your season being over in February.

holy shit, ruthless :lol :lol :lol

Shut it, your season is over in a weeks time too puppet.

Out of the Copa, don't even mention La Liga and GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED.

I hope :(

N'Doye > Pavlyarscehcenko. Ask Wooden.

Oh when I use Loko I have both of them on my team. 'chenko plays CM and unleashes bombs from 50 yards out.

Lombaerts claims the second Liverpool goal shouldn't have counted because Suarez fouled him beforehand. I didn't see it but I did see him just lying there in the box.

Also

"Suarez? He is a good player but he's dirty. He got both me and Hubocan. Yet at the same time, he falls to the ground at the slightest contact"

<3 <3 <3 Nico

jtb

Banned
So Sagna's (allegedly) going in the summer...

But then, I feel like the whole "this is the year we're going to go overhaul the squad" happened last summer too (and probably has happened for a while around the annual Arsenal collapse). It's going to take more than just average-to-decent players to pull this squad back into contending for trophies. Though, if we hadn't sold RVP last summer, that could have been a very good window. This summer we don't have any world class players left to sell (though, I wouldn't mind it if Vermaelen left, he's worse than Mertseacker and Koscielny imo) so... who knows.

Probably just a ploy to get people to renew their season tickets.

FootballFan

Europa League is great once the group stage and first knock-out rounds are over.

I still don't like the name though, UEFA Cup sounds much better.

I agree. Teams are in the Europa League(as opposed to the CL) because they are flawed in some way and these flaws make for entertaining games.

Europa League is a shit competition in terms of structure and finance.

Fantastic if you actually win it though.

It's also good for boosting your team's coefficient to get better seeding in the Champions League. Of course that's not something Newcastle should be concerned with...

Salazar

You consider that a stamp? The bloke fell over in front of him. Suarez trod on him doing everything he could to get the ball. Its not like it was intentional. Geez mate suppose if 2 players have a head clash they should be sent off for headbutting?

Looks like he's trying to lift himself up pretty fast once he realizes he's coming down on him but whatever. You wouldn't have posted it unless you wanted a reaction.

fuckin give it a break... you expect shit like this from a manc. was accidental then anything anyone think otherwise is an idiot.

lol

the world's greatest football family

pulga

Banned
Despite being out of the competition, these two legs did absolutely nothing to convince me of some lurking brilliance in Russian football. If you were mauled by us then an actual Champions League side will destroy you, no question about that.

Holy fuck I love this mini-war :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom