• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formation time.

I predict.

DDG
Rafael Rio Jevans Evra
Nani Carrick Tom Shinji
RVP Hernandez

I luv formations

--------------------De GOD--------------------

Rafa---------Rio---------JevGOD---------Evra

Nani------ClevGOD----Carrick------KaGODwa

-------------------Roonhound------------------

----------------------RVP-----------------------

Salazar

Waz is still sick.

And when a man's sinuses are wonky, he is not to be trusted on a football field.

Not even against a goober outfit like QPR.

Arnie

It's late February and you're all still opting to start Shinjury because of some ingrained belief that he'll draw confidence from styling on a shit team and finally become the player you thought he was.

In actuality he'll have a bitterly quiet afternoon and you'll all say he 'did well'.

arkon

iUB6ASZ11RiEb.gif

Impressive :/

Lovely strike.

Waz is still sick.

And when a man's sinuses are wonky, he is not to be trusted on a football field.

Not even against a goober outfit like QPR.

Duly amended:

--------------------De GOD--------------------

Rafa---------Rio---------JevGOD---------Evra

Valencia-------ClevGOD------Carrick-------Nani

-------------------KaGODwa------------------

----------------------RVP-----------------------

It's late February and you're all still opting to start Shinjury because of some ingrained belief that he'll draw confidence from styling on a shit team and finally become the player you thought he was.

In actuality he'll have a bitterly quiet afternoon and you'll all say he 'did well'.

:lol

Arnie it's too soon to be posting things like this.

The alternative is Ashley Young.

Salazar

Frogie's "not interested" about Wenger and Arsenal is actually vaguely interesting in view of his substantial haste to jump in with a supportive remark whenever a manager is under pressure or stress or facing fan/board/press criticism.

Only vaguely interesting, of course, because what it would gently suggest is that Frogie's not at all as fond of/mellow about Wenger as people thought he was becoming. And that's hardly surprising, is it.

loooooool. Stamp gifs deleted from RAWK. Posters banned. ELIMINATE ZE MANC INFILTRATORS.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arteta:

“Obviously the likes of Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla are more in the headlights because of the style of football they play.

“Perhaps Per Mertesacker [is underrated] because people think he looks tall and slow, but he’s a very intelligent player, clever and always trying to help his teammates.

“He’s always training hard and keeping up the good work. I think he’s much better than people think.”

jlaw-okay.gif

Went to blockbuster this morning and got:

21 Jump Street
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)
Moon
Headhunters
Oreo Dairy Milk

All for £15, :lol

Salazar

Mertesacker looks tall, because he is tall.

As for slow, well fuck. The man himself would concede that one.

As for "always trying to help his teammates", it hardly stands out as something to particularly commend in someone. The alternative is picking and choosing your games like that filth Tevez, or vanishing like Nasri.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Also, guyz

I'm sure some among us feel trolled, lol

Didn't he have a season where he got like, 20 assists?

In the U21 league Tottenham are playing Arsenal tomorrow. Nice warm up for the main event.

Tc91

Went to blockbuster this morning and got:

21 Jump Street
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)
Moon
Headhunters
Oreo Dairy Milk

All for £15, :lol

Nice nice, pick at the corpse.

I picked up Dragon Quest IX (DS) £7 and Kid Icarus (3DS) £18 reduced from £35.

One more wonderful nugget from Brentan last night:

"So we're bitterly disappointed and we lost the battle tonight, but in terms of the war going forward we very much look forward to that."

Brentan, your team is out of the FA Cup, the Capital One Cup and now the Europa League. What 'war' do you refer to? The 'war' for a Europa League spot?

Wilbur

Banned

"So we're bitterly disappointed and we lost the battle tonight, but in terms of the war going forward we very much look forward to that."

Brentan, your team is out of the FA Cup, the Capital One Cup and now the Europa League. What 'war' do you refer to? The 'war' for a Europa League spot?

The war to replace Fergie

Suen

I know I shouldn't waste my energy on this but I get so bothered when people have to write forever as '4ever' or when they use other numbers to describe a word. How fucking hard can it be to type the word? If you are going to use an abbreviation then at least stop mixing numerals with it. I have someone in my contact list who spells 'fine' as 'f9'. Wtf.

Hey guys, I'm FNINE today.

fuenf

Guys watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHfbwdb_kWc

I feel sad what happened. Why did he leave :(

Now that you mentioned it, I'm curious, is it just a conicidence that as of late most Brazilian superstars seem to fall of a cliff in their prime? Ronaldinho, Kaka, Diego, Robinho come to my mind. Even Ronaldo / Rivalo took a massive nose dive in their early thirties (granted they were already past their prime but still).

Salazar

Now that you mentioned it, I'm curious, is it just a conicidence that as of late most brazillian superstars seem to fall of a cliff in their prime? Ronaldinho, Kaka, Diego, Robinho come to my mind. Even Ronaldo / Rivalo took a massive nose dive in their early thirties (granted they were already past their prime but still).

And why do their dance celebrations suck almost as bad as the Nolan chicken dance

Clegg

Now that you mentioned it, I'm curious, is it just a conicidence that as of late most Brazilian superstars seem to fall of a cliff in their prime? Ronaldinho, Kaka, Diego, Robinho come to my mind. Even Ronaldo / Rivalo took a massive nose dive in their early thirties (granted they were already past their prime but still).

I think Kaka was much more seriously injured than AC let on when they sold him. Ronaldo had those debilitating injuries so his dip in form is excusable. Robinho is said to have attitude problems which hindered his progress and Ronaldinho was just a lazy twat who preferred partying to training.

GorillaJu

You can't be serious. You're a fucking caricature of yourself. Give it a rest for fucks sake you're going to burst a blood vessel.

fuenf

I think Kaka was much more seriously injured than AC let on when they sold him. Ronaldo had those debilitating injuries so his dip in form is excusable. Robinho is said to have attitude problems which hindered his progress and Ronaldinho was just a lazy twat who preferred partying to training.

Makes sense but it just seems strange... maybe it's the from rags to riches mentality or whatever. You could even add Lucio (he sucked at Bayern compared to Leverkusen, still an awesome player, though), Dani Alves, Bebe etc. ;) just kidding.

In short pls Bayern don't buy Neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom