• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
PS+ in March:

Mass Effect 3, Dead or Alive 5, Joe Danger 2, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Puddle.

damn.gif

It really is good for the annual price innit

We already have ME3 and MGS though. And I like buying shit on discs, physical copies are nicer and they don't take up loads of HD space.

Bro bought Sleeping Dogs physically and then downloaded it off PS+ as well for some bizarre reason.

Fuenf I know Bebe plays like a Brazilian but surprisingly he isn't one

Clegg

Makes sense but it just seems strange... maybe it's the from rags to riches mentality or whatever. You could even add Lucio (he sucked at Bayern compared to Leverkusen, still an awesome player, though), Dani Alves, Bebe etc. ;) just kidding.

In short pls Bayern don't buy Neymar.

I've read this in a few articles that tried to explain why some Brazilian players declined rapidly in their late twenties. Lots of Brazilian kids are dirt poor and if they make it as a professional footballer in Europe they'll work their ass of for 8-10 years and make as much money as possible. Then when they feel they're set for the rest of their lives they stop taking football so seriously.

You'd still get 6 or 7 good years from Neymar before his Brazilian genes kick in.

One more wonderful nugget from Brentan last night:

"So we're bitterly disappointed and we lost the battle tonight, but in terms of the war going forward we very much look forward to that."

Brentan, your team is out of the FA Cup, the Capital One Cup and now the Europa League. What 'war' do you refer to? The 'war' for a Europa League spot?
You made that up.

You can't be serious. You're a fucking caricature of yourself. Give it a rest for fucks sake you're going to burst a blood vessel.

I'm not serious at all, and I couldn't be more sanguine. From the looks of it I'm most certainly not the one who seems liable to burst a blood vessel over Brentan's comments.

Brentan's ever more ludicrous messages of hope are like small baubles of tear-inducing hilarity along the path of lolerpool's self-fulfilling joke of a campaign.

Viva said:
You made that up.

Nope. Unless F365 have made it up. Saw BeardedGenuis quote it last night and thought he had made it up actually until F365 reported it too.

fuenf

I've read this in a few articles that tried to explain why some Brazilian players declined rapidly in their late twenties. Lots of Brazilian kids are dirt poor and if they make it as a professional footballer in Europe they'll work their ass of for 8-10 years and make as much money as possible. Then when they feel they're set for the rest of their lives they stop taking football so seriously.

You'd still get 6 or 7 good years from Neymar before his Brazilian genes kick in.

That makes sense. I'm not sold on Neymar anyway, that's why I kind of wish City buys him. It would be glorious.

Kleberson was 24 when he moved to United.

His girlfriend was 16 at that time.

damn.

GorillaJu

I'm not serious at all, and I couldn't be more sanguine. From the looks of it I'm most certainly not the one who seems liable to burst a blood vessel over Brentan's comments.

Brentan's ever more ludicrous messages of hope are like small baubles of tear-inducing hilarity along the path of lolerpool's self-fulfilling joke of a campaign.

Nope. Unless F365 have made it up. Saw BeardedGenuis quote it last night and thought he had made it up actually until F365 reported it too.

Couldn't be more disingenuous is more like it.

GorillaJu

What the fuck is so unbelievable and weird about that quote? He's clearly talking about the years ahead, and like most managers is being positive about his team instead of saying what you'd really like here in Manchester United OT: "we're shit and we're gonna be shit for a few years at least, so who gives a fuck?"

Disgraceful, child like behavior from you lot.

Clegg

What the fuck is so unbelievable and weird about that quote? He's clearly talking about the years ahead, and like most managers is being positive about his team instead of saying what you'd really like here in Manchester United OT: "we're shit and we're gonna be shit for a few years at least, so who gives a fuck?"

Oh dear.

Couldn't be more disingenuous is more like it.

Not sure what was disingenuous about my comment. I mentioned that Brentan said something stupid again. He's known for saying stupid things. I wasn't surprised. No one was surprised for that matter. It was funny. It's funny because his lack of self-awareness and over-estimation of his team's abilities is a quality mirrored in many Liverpool fans. U'm sure this irritates you. But I don't see how you thought my post was disingenuous.

:lol

i04TNb2c2ovIG.gif

Wilbur

Banned

Odd has this habit of turning from the most placid and reasoned Liverpool fan here into a frothing mental sometimes :lol

All I did was confirm he'd said it anyway. Don't think it's a bad thing to say at all. The perfect performance thing was far worse.

confuziz

Banned
Don't worry odd, United will turn to shit when RvP gets injured again, which should be soon looking at his record. He's getting old too, like the rest of United.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't worry odd, United will turn to shit when RvP gets injured again, which should be soon looking at his record. He's getting old too, like the rest of United.

Don't worry odd united wont finish above city
Don't worry odd united will lose 5-0 at Madrid
Don't worry odd I am a bitter fool filled with false hope who doesn't seem to watch football or believe in managers

I don't see the problem here.

There are alot of United fans in this thread, what can you do about it. It's not like we force this discussion upon other people. It's not ideal for other posters but alot of the time people start talking about stuff in this thread that I don't give a shit about - I just ignore the thread for a couple of hours.

Not really sure what people want.

Yeah we take the piss out of Liverpool. So what. Liverpool fans would take the piss out of United too and do so whenever they get a good chance. Pretty simple if you can't hack it then just don't come into the thread/put people on ignore.

So we all agree Bayern are the best ?
In the UK the media are all over Bayern. Their win combined with Barca's loss has got people saying Bayern are the best.

It's kinda funny, cos Bayern were pretty awesome last season too (though admittedly they look better now) and nobody really took much notice of them. They dominated the games against Real and that was a really good Real team.

Anyway...to answer your question...second best :p

Wilbur

Banned

There are alot of United fans in this thread, what can you do about it. It's not like we force this discussion upon other people. It's not ideal for other posters but alot of the time people start talking about stuff in this thread that I don't give a shit about - I just ignore the thread for a couple of hours.

Yeah we take the piss out of Liverpool. So what. Liverpool fans would take the piss out of United too and do so whenever they get a good chance. Pretty simple if you can't hack it then just don't come into the thread/put people on ignore.

Mmm. Think there's as many Liverpool regulars as there are United to be honest, and we don't make it an insular community. I'd be surprised if anyone thought otherwise.

Just because we're all cunts doesn't mean we're the only cunts!

Clegg

Just trying to recover the balance.

Don't see how telling the truth is trolling by the way. He has a long injury record and everyone ages right?

United have plenty of young players that are already on the way to establishing themselves as first team players. It's not an old team.

GorillaJu

Please. If it were simply "taking hte piss" as you think it is that annoyed me, I'd just keep my mouth shut. It's the retarded fucking echo chamber this thread has become for United fans.

Brendan Rodgers could have said "I drank tea today and it was hotter than I usually like it," and four of you would quote each other back and forth going LLLOOOOOOOLLLLL

It's beyond stupid. It's beyond mundane.

Wilbur

Banned
So we all agree Bayern are the best ?

2,w=308,c=0.bild.jpeg

Probably, yeah. Although I don't think they've necessarily been tested yet. Lost to BATE, playing in a league where Schalke and Dortmund haven't performed as they did last year, and Arsenal are shit. Not to discredit Bayern at all (I hope fry get where I'm coming from :lol), but when they get through to the quarters and they draw someone better and when they play Dortmund in the cup, I'll be a very interested observer.

Please. If it were simply "taking hte piss" as you think it is that annoyed me, I'd just keep my mouth shut. It's the retarded fucking echo chamber this thread has become for United fans.

Brendan Rodgers could have said "I drank tea today and it was hotter than I usually like it," and four of you would quote each other back and forth going LLLOOOOOOOLLLLL

It's not just United fans who find what he says to be funny IMO and I don't think the whole "Brentan" thing is United fans only...although obv. Salazar and Laboured are the commanders in chief.

But whatever - it's unlikely people are going to change their habits in this thread so you're probably best off putting the majority of the United posters on ignore. Calling them out will probably just encourage it even more.

Fry

Probably, yeah. Although I don't think they've necessarily been tested yet. Lost to BATE, playing in a league where Schalke and Dortmund haven't performed as they did last year, and Arsenal are shit. Not to discredit Bayern at all (I hope fry get where I'm coming from :lol), but when they get through to the quarters and they draw someone better and when they play Dortmund in the cup, I'll be a very interested observer.

I get you.

Wilbur

Banned

Nonsense.

Laboured - the biggest export of bottled Liverpool hate - says something. I quote him with a remark that doesn't comment on his quotes at all. Sal, Viva and Clegg all enter a dialogue, of which I only take part in to confirm he said it, not to judge the comments. Neither did Viva or Clegg really.

And then you went apeshit.

Fact is Rodgers didnt say anything about tea, so the hypotheticals are a tad pointless. He said something which I don't necessarily believe was a stupid thing to say, but one or two did so whatever. He does however, say some silly things. And he should rightfully be called out on them, as we did with Wenger the other day, as we do with Rafa every time he holds his little penis tight and thinks of El Niño, as you all would with Frogson.

GorillaJu

It's not just United fans who find what he says to be funny IMO and I don't think the whole "Brentan" thing is United fans only...although obv. Salazar and Laboured are the commanders in chief.

But whatever - it's unlikely people are going to change their habits in this thread so you're probably best off putting the majority of the United posters on ignore. Calling them out will probably just encourage it even more.

I expect nothing of anyone. I'm still going to say how I feel.

Jovetic is pretty high on the list of footballers I want to see succeed. Actually, making a definitive list would be pretty difficult, but I really really want to see him become one of the top forwards in the world in the near future.

K1LLER7

Not without a top striker I don't think they will. They're certainly a formidable force and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win, but they can't afford to waste chances.

Didnt want to make my baby mad <33333
When they've got Matri "the bootless warrior" playing up front, they'll take their chances :p

I think their midfield and defence is better. They seems like a team who could drop back, and play a effective counter-attacking game. They have the midfield to control games too. Probably the best in the competition if Barca get eliminated.

Wilbur

Banned
When they've got Matri "the bootless warrior" playing up front, they'll take their chances :p

I think their midfield and defence is better. They seems like a team who could drop back, and play a effective counter-attacking game. They have the midfield to control games too. Probably the best in the competition if Barca get eliminated.

Bootlegs warrior :lol

A fully fit defence and midfield and they could go all the way. It's the Champions League, I'll believe anyone could fucking win it after last year.

Wouldn't say they're favourites though, it's most definitely Bayern right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom