• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

I think that's the end of Everton's top 4 hopes. They still have to play Spurs away, Arsenal away, Liverpool away and City at home, they aren't going to make up the gap on the London teams.

This Moyes contract shit is going to be like the Harry fiasco for us. It will affect results.

Yeah, agree with everything here. I can add that The Europa League spot might also be in danger. The very fact that Moyes have clamoring about this contract of his, just shows that there is something going that also will/has an impact on our performance. Jelavic form, Felliani's sudden fall of grace, Heitenga.s defensive lapse, Gibson ineffectiveness, and a sudden downgrade to both Osman's and Miralles form have to be explained, and I am afraid that Moyes and the backroom stuff have muddled things up in the club.

People say its because we don't have depth or persistence to compete, I think that is not entirely true, I just thing there a bigger issue than that, because when I look at the bench, I can some players who have performed well when chosen. I just think some of the personnel can't be bothered.

FootballFan

We all know Messi boil them and eat them. This is the secret to why he's a amazing, if only CR7 would understand.

Next couple of games are make or break for both teams.

If Madrid get eliminated by glory united united, then get knocked out by Barca in the Copa it's over.

If Barca don't come back against Milan(highly likely) then get eliminated from Madrid in the Copa it wouldn't be very good either, though I'd still be happy with just La Liga. I just feel this team can do more.

Blablurn

857231_620074561342572_1275977004_o.jpg

ShogunX

:lol :lol

I think he'll leave at the end of the season and go to....

ARSENAL

The fans would have a massive shock. Gone would be the huff and puff attacking and in would be the sit back to defend a one goal lead and lose 2-1 anyway.

It would be very interesting.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nothing more disheartening than playing well and still losing.

It sounds like you missed some easy chances. When you can't defend you have to at least rack them up at the other end, that's what you did at Goodison, and even then you gave goals away right up to injury time.

If Villa want results they have got to be braver at both ends.

faridmon

Nothing more disheartening than playing well and still losing.

Its a double edge sword isn't. Personally I tend to complain to lose when we play really ugly and tell myself I would have accepted if we lost with some dignity and fighting spirit. Bit against, losing with a good performance might just depress you for the fact that you might think that the win/draw was couple of chances away and if there was 5 more min, you have nicked it.

I am talking about todays Everton performance since I haven't watched. I had a bad feeling about it and decided to watch Chihayafuru instead. Greatest decision I ever made as an Everton fan.

Hixx

hit the post, should have had a pen, McClean McCleaning... first Sunderland game I've not watched in fucking donkeys. Sick to shit of it.

Suen

Next couple of games are make or break for both teams.

If Madrid get eliminated by glory united united, then get knocked out by Barca in the Copa it's over.

If Barca don't come back against Milan(highly likely) then get eliminated from Madrid in the Copa it wouldn't be very good either, though I'd still be happy with just La Liga. I just feel this team can do more.
Fully agree. Barca has at least La Liga in it's hands. It could definitely make up for the loss in San Siro at Camp Nou, I'd say it has a bigger chance of doing so than what Madrid has at winning against Man U as they are tough opponents. That's not to say that I believe we'd lose but it won't be easy. If we screw up CDR and CL our season is over, the only thing left to do is to ensure a second or third spot. We're also up for a hard schedule. Barca on next Tuesday, Barca again on next Saturday, Man U. on Tusday after that, give me a break lol.

In the end having La Liga at least is better than having nothing and at this point Madrid is in the risk of having nothing this season :(

Wes

venison crêpe
At the start of the day you probably expected a loss though, so nothing's changed. Have to focus on picking up points that are more likely. Who you got next week?

City at home,
Reading away,
QPR at home,
Liverpool at home.

It sounds like you missed some easy chances. When you can't defend you have to at least rack them up at the other end, that's what you did at Goodison, and even then you gave goals away right up to injury time.

If Villa want results they have got to be braver at both ends.

We tachnically played a 4-2-4 today so committed were we to getting the ball up the pitch as fast as possible. Probably why the match was more end-to-end than usual. We've been putting in good performances, intermitantly anyway, since January. West Brom Away. Everton Away. Second half of Newcastle at home and today. It's just we lack that bit of luck that sees us dropping points in those games.

We have to beat Reading and QPR though

Its a double edge sword isn't. Personally I tend to complain to lose when we play really ugly and tell myself I would have accepted if we lost with some dignity and fighting spirit. Bit against, losing with a good performance might just depress you for the fact that you might think that the win/draw was couple of chances away and if there was 5 more min, you have nicked it.

I am talking about todays Everton performance since I haven't watched. I had a bad feeling about it and decided to watch Chihayafuru instead. Greatest decision I ever made as an Everton fan.

I should've done the same.

Meier

Just seeing the scores. Holy cow at Everton blowing it. I didn't realize they were down to 6th. Should have tried to strengthen in January.

FootballFan

Fully agree. Barca has at least La Liga in it's hands. It could definitely make up for the loss in San Siro at Camp Nou, I'd say it has a bigger chance of doing so than what Madrid has at winning against Man U as they are tough opponents. That's not to say that I believe we'd lose but it won't be easy. If we screw up CDR and CL our season is over, the only thing left to do is to ensure a second or third spot. We're also up for a hard schedule. Barca on next Tuesday, Barca again on next Saturday, Man U. on Tusday after that, give me a break lol.

In the end having La Liga at least is better than having nothing and at this point Madrid is in the risk of having nothing this season :(

It's rare but you are an awesome Madrid fan :)

You are right though. I just hope the players try harder and Roura uses Tello/Villa in the second leg against Milan, that is all I want.

Koko

Banned

Wait a minute, we already won something this season.........

dc89

UniedGAF can carry on bleating about 15 points. Nothing will ever be sweeter than winning the league on GD, after throwing it away to claw it back to steal it from United when they all thought they won it.

To score that goal in injury time, after losing 2-1. It was the best feeling in the world. Incredible Jeff

Clegg

UniedGAF can carry on bleating about 15 points. Nothing will ever be sweeter than winning the league on GD, after throwing it away to claw it back to steal it from United when they all thought they won it.

To score that goal in injury time, after losing 2-1. It was the best feeling in the world. Incredible Jeff
DAT desperation.

Wilbur

Banned

I quite like it that for all the masturbating about a new era of Premier League superiority, you've still managed to fuck that up and go out of Europe early for the second year running.

That's relatively sweet to me.

Slizz

Unicycle-GAF can do whatever the fuck they want. Nothings better than seeing people grasp at the 1 straw they have and sucking it so hard.

Wilbur

Banned
City will lose tomorrow. Yaya will be wrecked in a challenge with Cockney Dave. Rodwell will have to deputise. They'll slip to fifth place. DC will still be banging on about the Aguerooooo moment as he boards a plane to the Bernabeu.

City will lose tomorrow. Yaya will be wrecked in a challenge with Cockney Dave. Rodwell will have to deputise. They'll slip to fifth place. DC will still be banging on about the Aguerooooo moment as he boards a plane to the Bernabeu.
dc bangs on about stuff which never even happened

"10 points they said.."

Still remember "you'll lose against the better mid table teams too". Loooool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom